Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Medieval Total War crashes

SkittleBuk1SkittleBuk1 Posts: 4Registered Users
The game crashes every time a large invasion takes place (say 3-4k troops total both sides included). I automatically resolve every battle anyway so I don't even need it to load the actual troops, but I guess they do that anyway in the background before even giving us the option to auto resolve? Idk, this is stupid and totally game breaking

Comments

• wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Posts: 408Registered Users
    lol

take my salt
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,929Registered Users
    The first medieval total war? I'm actually surprised it works at all on modern systems. A lot of incompatibilities can cause that, very difficult to point a specific cause.
  • SkittleBuk1SkittleBuk1 Posts: 4Registered Users
    They still sell it, so it should work
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,929Registered Users

They still sell it, but system requirements cut both ways. Ancient games aren't supposed to work flawlessly on modern machines.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,513Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Mine works pretty well, after I bought it on Steam. Still have my original disc, purchased when the game cam out. A Windows update, several iterations ago, stopped recognizing the CDM code. After messing around with it for awhile, I bought the game on Steam during one of the sales they have from time to time. Game runs fine.

All that said, this not the correct area for a Medieval discussion. I'm moving but strongly recommend contacting Sega Support and report the issue. Creative Assembly does not review the 'ancient' games anymore.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    Xenos7 said:

They still sell it, but system requirements cut both ways. Ancient games aren't supposed to work flawlessly on modern machines.

Yeah, I know. So what? I'm just here to see if anyone else has the same issues and if I can fix it. I know it's an old game. I wanna indulge in some nostalgia
    dge1 said:

Mine works pretty well, after I bought it on Steam. Still have my original disc, purchased when the game cam out. A Windows update, several iterations ago, stopped recognizing the CDM code. After messing around with it for awhile, I bought the game on Steam during one of the sales they have from time to time. Game runs fine.

All that said, this not the correct area for a Medieval discussion. I'm moving but strongly recommend contacting Sega Support and report the issue. Creative Assembly does not review the 'ancient' games anymore.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

Thanks