Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA New content team news

13»

Comments

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,718

Sephlock said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

I just hope skill tree updates don't end up being sub-par.

Because I'm not sure that CA is willing to push it too far.

Bretonnia's update scares me with that. As they said they had some good ideas but didn't want to break saves. And I really hope they listen to the resounding smash them outcry.
    The breaking saves excuse rang hollow when they first trotted it out and it isn’t getting any better with re-use.
    It's a valid concern for players and devs. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a possibility that many others would disagree with you. They have far more access to information that would lead them to that conclusion than you do. Notwithstanding the fact that as a developer you need to consider all of your target audience and take each scenario into account.

I wanted Bretonnia to get more as well. They didn't do enough. However I do understand in development hard choices need to be made. Now that they have made that decision, if what they find is people will not care about broken saves, then in the future it may influence them to do it differently. But whining about it doesn't help. Constructive criticism will.
    It is always short term gain, long term loss. If people are going to flip tables over one single ME game then yeah. I'm going to have to call them on it. Their one game affects all the rest of mine. Especially on the short sighted nature that it could actually improve what you're doing. Especially as this is a repeat playthrough sand box. I have played Bretonnia in game 1, and game 2. I haven't again because their map play is uninspiring and now I'm stuck with what was it? What could it have been? And if they'd cleaned it up a bit would I then enjoy another play through? Dunno, precious saves.
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    Nyxilis said:

Sephlock said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Bretonnia's update scares me with that. As they said they had some good ideas but didn't want to break saves. And I really hope they listen to the resounding smash them outcry.
    The breaking saves excuse rang hollow when they first trotted it out and it isn’t getting any better with re-use.
    It's a valid concern for players and devs. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a possibility that many others would disagree with you. They have far more access to information that would lead them to that conclusion than you do. Notwithstanding the fact that as a developer you need to consider all of your target audience and take each scenario into account.

I wanted Bretonnia to get more as well. They didn't do enough. However I do understand in development hard choices need to be made. Now that they have made that decision, if what they find is people will not care about broken saves, then in the future it may influence them to do it differently. But whining about it doesn't help. Constructive criticism will.
    It is always short term gain, long term loss. If people are going to flip tables over one single ME game then yeah. I'm going to have to call them on it. Their one game affects all the rest of mine. Especially on the short sighted nature that it could actually improve what you're doing. Especially as this is a repeat playthrough sand box. I have played Bretonnia in game 1, and game 2. I haven't again because their map play is uninspiring and now I'm stuck with what was it? What could it have been? And if they'd cleaned it up a bit would I then enjoy another play through? Dunno, precious saves.
    Well after barrow legion and VP adding bretonia campaing became more harder and it more interesting, than afk confederation
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,718

Nyxilis said:

Sephlock said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Well after barrow legion and VP adding bretonia campaing became more harder and it more interesting, than afk confederation
    That adds interesting map qualities. And more people to fight and interact is always better. They still have some sloggish map play based around their straight mechanics. Heck, it already made my current ME campaign more interesting with playing the VC.

Different thing to make the straight race better.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,859
    edited December 2018
    Sephlock said:

Sephlock said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

It's an excuse to never change anything forever and ever.

Maybe in WH3, but then if they ever need to change anything like that again...

EIther way, it isn't like this is the first time this issue has ever come up for a game.

And really? You're implying that there's some behind the scenes information that indicates that the majority of players would rather some things never be fixed so long as they can go back to their old saves?

As it is, how many campaigns are even finished as opposed to being abandoned once the snowballing has begun?

I wanted Bretonnia to get more as well. They didn't do enough. However I do understand in development hard choices need to be made.

Yeah that's fair enough, especially since Bretonnia is a WH1 race (and not a popular one, from what I've read).

Now that they have made that decision, if what they find is people will not care about broken saves, then in the future it may influence them to do it differently. But whining about it doesn't help. Constructive criticism will.

Your implying things needs to be fixed. The original argument was there was not enough content. That's a different argument. Bretonnia is fine as is the issue was they didn't add more when they could use more to keep pace. So your statement about people wanting things to be fixed rather than break old saves is irrelevant. Nothing was broken. Your opinion on endgame campaigns does not matter either since you are only one person out of hundreds of thousands whom many are likely to disagree with you.
    Nyxilis said:

Sephlock said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Your opinion is noted but not really useful. Out of hundreds of thousands of people more than one will disagree with you. So keep complaining about it but it won't change anything that happened. As stated previously CA made the right choice at the time from a developer standpoint. Now after it happening if they got constructive feedback and people wanted broken saves then the future updates should show this. Which they have. CA now has a system where you get both with the newest update, VampireCoast. You can play your old saves without it being ruined but once starting a new campaign they will be able to get all new content. So your currently crying about something which has been addressed. Your enjoyment is not hindered. CA improved and you only improve from failures, being sarcastic about it and being near sighted because others may disagree with your opinion only increases the salt on the internet.