Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Radious threatens the community

Mathew2000Mathew2000 Posts: 2Registered Users
edited December 2018 in Total War General Chat
Hello dear CA

I am Total War player for many years. I am also active member of TW community. Thats why I cant tolerate what is happening on modding scene. I generaly dont use mods but thing that Radious is doing recently its just outrageous. He systematically threats the community that he will drop his mods if people wont pay him money. Its 100% pay to play for product that is not his. Most modders have patreon but never request money from people. This cant be tolerated. I think that you as company should do something with it. Especially that you support his work with Early Access. For proof just read any of his posts on patreon https://www.patreon.com/Team_Radious . I am not enemy of his mods but one person cant demand money for things that are not his and only based on your game. Support should be voluntary, not by threat.

With Regards
Mathew

P.S. love your games!

Comments

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    Trust me. If any company put in the hours that guy did. They'd expect to be paid too.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,822Registered Users
    edited December 2018

Trust me. If any company put in the hours that guy did. They'd expect to be paid too.

He's not a company. He has a massive support group that gets money every month already. In fact he has already previously since Warhammer 1 came out actively shopped around other modders to join his group so he can pool the money they bring in into his community. I remember him asking SFO creator Steel Faith.

He can ask for money that's fine. His mods aren't that great anyway for Warhammer. His historical mods we're pretty good though. So some will care some won't. Not many people will pay, they will just switch to SFO, CTT, or a different overhaul

Edit: having read it they didn't really threaten anything. In the negative context of the word threaten at least. They complain about the workload and how it's draining they have to many projects. Well one could easily say lower the amount of projects. They act like they have to make the mod. They don't. Lower the workload simple as that.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,377Registered Users

Site literally says it's free and they wouldn't have it any other way. If you have an example of "threats the community that he will drop his mods" then provide evidence.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Mathew2000Mathew2000 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    " If the Patron numbers drop even further, we are not sure that we will be able to find the motivation to continue anymore.... If people do not show us that they care about us or our work, after this development cycle, there will be no more updates to our mods, and we will cease to support new TW titles." - https://www.patreon.com/posts/open-letter-to-23098071 This is not asking. And from what I saw on discord his team is 1 person.
  • endurendur Posts: 3,034Registered Users
    They posted. A lot of stuff including:

"We know that people are in different financial situations, and we will never judge if somebody decides against it, but please consider supporting us and our work on Patreon."

edited December 2018

" If the Patron numbers drop even further, we are not sure that we will be able to find the motivation to continue anymore." This is not asking. And from what I saw his team is 1 person.

I found it for you;

There's also three team members, this was on the same page you linked, hard to miss actually.

I've got no problem with it. If they want to be sponsored to continue modding power to them. I certainly don't care for their product, and the begging for cash is off putting but I don't see any actual problem with it. If you don't like it then y'know.... don't pay them? Idk you do you with your cashola.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ErgiosErgios Posts: 157Registered Users
    That's no threat, it is an explanation. Reading a bit in the comments of that open letter, including from Team_Radious itself (which, btw, I did not even know was still active), clearly shows a new picture while you only quote a small part to throw the worst possible light on Radious.

In addition to that, your account has only been created today and you only did that to adress this?
    I cannot help but feel like you have done so because you only wanted to throw a bad light on Radious, maybe because you have a personal grudge, just want to hate or troll on him, to spread fake news or maybe you simply are an enemy of lending monetary support to modders.

At the same time, you write here as if Team_Radious was obliged to create mods. They aren't, they can stop doing so simply because they want to.
    No one is being threatened, it is not even about "removing the mod" or nonsense like that, it is about stopping to work on it - which many modders, no matter what game, tend to do sooner or later. Btw, if he wanted to remove the mod completely for whatever reason, he is free to do that, it is still his mod, not yours. Don't feel like you own his work.

To sum it up, you are just trying to discredit a modder who has created quite big mods - you can always argue regarding the quality, that is personal taste, but no one can deny that he has put quite some time and effort into his mods.
    I call you out for being unreasonable with this thread and consider you a troll who claims to be a dedicated fan.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,060Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Not exactly gameplay, so moved.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 932Registered Users
    I don't think he really threatens but it is eye-catching that he stopped a minimum of one time with modding of warhammer (october 2016, when I should have to look for another overhaul and found the even better SFO) in the past with a later return (maybe after a great financial injection)
    In the description he begs even more aggressive for money than other mods. Compared with the warning of quitting in the future and already quitting in the past he is not the trustworthiest.

And the mod itself was in my opinion a dazzler, a giant amount of useless units you have to exchange every 10 rounds (state in 2016)
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,473Registered Users
    Errr ....

What exactly do you think CA can do? Beat him till he carries on working for your entertainment for free?

You people need a long hard Paddington stare.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    All the guy is doing is saying He/she can’t work for free forever. Do you work for free? I sure don’t. And it’s not much to ask from the community to donate if they can to keep the good times rolling.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,093Registered Users
    Does everyone remember before Patreon, when people created YouTube channels and mods for the purpose of being creative?
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,222Registered Users
    I don't see this as a threat.
    And let's face it, even if it is, odds are other modders will just gladly take up the cudgel and prove him wrong. He'd just lose out on all accounts if he actually gets dramatic about it.

His mods tend to have a a lot of features that other mods use, anyways. If I wanted something like better faction colours or whatever, I don't need to use his mod to achieve that. And like I said, even if I do, people can just copy and give credit- Radious can't exactly chase them down for damages.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 161Registered Users
    Yes, Radious adopted a very profit-seeking policy, after his hopes of getting hired by CA were contradicted by reality. There was a major issue of him exploiting the work of an Italian modder, although the latter was against monetization. Radious had also implicitly threatened the community with the latest patches for Rome II, where he said that he will discontinue his mod, unless he's not given an "x'' amount of money. He obviously can never make a living out of it, but this path will certainly damage his reputation and eventually drive him out of the modding scene. The difference in ethics between DeI and Radious is truly remarkable.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • JarnexJarnex Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    Are you for real? Modders can do what ever they want when they want. they have lives work and other **** in their life then just modding 24/7 for you. People were **** when radious did not want to revisit rome 2 after CA decided to milk that game after it had been done for years. but people kept pestering him about it and he did update it and what did he get for the effort? less patrons. maintaining multiple full game overhauls with a **** ton of custom units in take time and effort and the key thing here is TIME time not spent with family friends and what ever the adult life brings. And on top of that CA makes modding harder and harder just look at ToB were you could not even add custom units to the campaign. and the way warhammer tw works is that EVERYTHING he has made have to be remade when they put out a patch.

And worst of all you dont even **** use his mods GTFO really.

with people like youi fully understand and support when he decided its not worth it any more. i would have quit ages ago with the treatment people have given him for making FREE content for 7 years or more now.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,591Registered Users
    “I won’t be able to work without funding,” isn’t much of a threat.
    ò_ó
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,640Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's ease off on the personal comments. Modding is a personal choice, whether to do or to use. Let's not get concerned or discuss the personal justifications for any decision anyone makes for or against a mod program.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 161Registered Users
    Jarnex said:

Are you for real? Modders can do what ever they want when they want. they have lives work and other **** in their life then just modding 24/7 for you. People were **** when radious did not want to revisit rome 2 after CA decided to milk that game after it had been done for years. but people kept pestering him about it and he did update it and what did he get for the effort? less patrons. maintaining multiple full game overhauls with a **** ton of custom units in take time and effort and the key thing here is TIME time not spent with family friends and what ever the adult life brings. And on top of that CA makes modding harder and harder just look at ToB were you could not even add custom units to the campaign. and the way warhammer tw works is that EVERYTHING he has made have to be remade when they put out a patch.

And worst of all you dont even **** use his mods GTFO really.

with people like youi fully understand and support when he decided its not worth it any more. i would have quit ages ago with the treatment people have given him for making FREE content for 7 years or more now.

He's not making it for free though... :/
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
    edited December 2018
    I don't have a horse in the race, but he's not doing it for free because if he wasn't getting paid he wouldn't be doing it. That the mods themselves are free doesn't change the fact that he's said if he's not paid enough he'll stop.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited December 2018

He's not a company. He has a massive support group that gets money every month already. In fact he has already previously since Warhammer 1 came out actively shopped around other modders to join his group so he can pool the money they bring in into his community. I remember him asking SFO creator Steel Faith.

He can ask for money that's fine. His mods aren't that great anyway for Warhammer. His historical mods we're pretty good though. So some will care some won't. Not many people will pay, they will just switch to SFO, CTT, or a different overhaul

Edit: having read it they didn't really threaten anything. In the negative context of the word threaten at least. They complain about the workload and how it's draining they have to many projects. Well one could easily say lower the amount of projects. They act like they have to make the mod. They don't. Lower the workload simple as that.
    You must learn to read my post if you want to quote it. Simple as that.
    I did not call him a company. :smile:
    All you did was prove my point.
    They feel that the amount of man hours they put into their work is worthy of contribution.

Referring to your edit.
    Why even respond when you apparently did not read the post you quoted or the subject matter the thread is based on. :expressionless:
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,640Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's all avoid getting personal in our posts. Mods are a choice, whether using or making. Let's not be judgemental on either side.

Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin