Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Didn't play Greenskins for some time

capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior MemberBath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,156
I remember finishing two campaigns back in WH1 and they are not my fav Race in the lore. Still gameplay is awesome they feel great and aggressive, also they got some of the best voice lines in the game.

Now what I wanna say gameplay seems to be a lot better at least from Grimgor perspective, still missing lots of interesting mechanics.

Worst part is tech tree, now I know Greenskins are not technologicaly advanced or anything but it's absolutely PATHETIC made me stop playing, just the whole design of it. Them and Empire both have most boring tech tree in the game, followed by Beastmen, everything just feels outdated and so WH1 like in 2015.

Their tech tree could be based on many things, also locking units behind tech tree is a bad idea.

#JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg

Comments

• Eliak_The_Rat_MercEliak_The_Rat_Merc Registered Users Posts: 702

locking units behind tech tree is a bad idea.

*laughs in Empire Total War tech tree*
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,217

I remember finishing two campaigns back in WH1 and they are not my fav Race in the lore. Still gameplay is awesome they feel great and aggressive, also they got some of the best voice lines in the game.

Now what I wanna say gameplay seems to be a lot better at least from Grimgor perspective, still missing lots of interesting mechanics.

Worst part is tech tree, now I know Greenskins are not technologicaly advanced or anything but it's absolutely PATHETIC made me stop playing, just the whole design of it. Them and Empire both have most boring tech tree in the game, followed by Beastmen, everything just feels outdated and so WH1 like in 2015.

Their tech tree could be based on many things, also locking units behind tech tree is a bad idea.

Empire and greenskins are still due for their updates.
  • Tankred56Tankred56 Registered Users Posts: 74
    edited December 2018

I locking units behind tech tree is a bad idea.

I am ok with this. It makes you really feel your technological progress, when your troops are slowly upgrading from dirty peasants to armored mega ninjas. Most techs now are go unnoticed, like "another +5 dmg to some guys, meh".
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,312
    Tankred56 said:

I am ok with this. It makes you really feel your technological progress, when your troops are slowly upgrading from dirty peasants to armored mega ninjas. Most techs now are go unnoticed, like "another +5 dmg to some guys, meh".
    But why are the Greenskins is the only faction affected by it?

It feels that all the restrictions were put for the sake of restrictions for GS:
    - Have the best units locked behind tech tree? That's by design.
    - Lacking tough melee combatant hero? That's by design.
    - Lacking replenishment and training? That's by design.

But WHAT design? It feels as unnecesary as some devs' obsession by making all stats values and changes to those stats divisible by 2 or 5 only (not talking about CA)

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,193
    It's kinda old, ranting about 2 races that came with the release of game 1 where all 4 races are lackluster comparable to races that came later.

They will polish up both empire and greenskins. Just wait for it :)
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2018
    Aleast with the new beta update it seems we are going into the right direction finally for wh1 races ! Do not lose hope just yet my friend :) !

I do have to admit I feel sorry for the GS fans, they for the worse deal of then all in my eyes. Hope they get some love they deserve. For the sake of the greenskins fans ! (Personally I don't like them but that's just because it ain't my style, that's all)
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    Enforest said:

Tankred56 said:

It feels that all the restrictions were put for the sake of restrictions for GS:

But WHAT design? It feels as unnecesary as some devs' obsession by making all stats values and changes to those stats divisible by 2 or 5 only (not talking about CA)
    GS didnt much changed since 2016.
    Black ork had pathetic stats (compare with new world races), new red skill from beta a bit fix this issue.
    Gobla fighter hero is joke from dev.
    Waagh army mechanic just not work, this free army all time want to die for no reason (had incredibly low AR)

Well training ranks fixed by landmark in black crag.
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Registered Users Posts: 1,272
    IDK how much you browse these forums but around here its common knowledge that the old races are **** compared to the newer ones. It looks like there is an update to the old races inc so I reckon you should stay tuned and see how that turns out. I'm holding off on starting a new game after my vamp coast run for that reason!
  • millimidgetmillimidget Registered Users Posts: 116
    Enforest said:

But WHAT design?

I suspect much of the Greenskin design is affected by how they implemented the Waaagh! mechanic.

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,217
    Roster wise they're competitive in multiplayer and perform well in single player. But their campaign mechanics & tech tree (especially) need an update.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    I dont have a problem with how the technology tree of greenskins works, I have a problem with the meager bonus you get from it, all the new races have insane bonus from their last technologys.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,312

Enforest said:

Tankred56 said:

Black ork had pathetic stats (compare with new world races), new red skill from beta a bit fix this issue.
    Waagh army mechanic just not work, this free army all time want to die for no reason (had incredibly low AR)

Black Orks actually got some good buffs, including being immune to phychology and being overall cost effective (when fightning under waaaagh ability), but in MP at least they are easy to counter.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    edited December 2018
    Enforest said:

Enforest said:

Tankred56 said:

Black Orks actually got some good buffs, including being immune to phychology and being overall cost effective (when fightning under waaaagh ability), but in MP at least they are easy to counter.
    I disagree about Black ork, i better trade their charge and hp on MD, 26 for core t4 unit...
    I like ward and 5 MD in campaing after Festag beta, but need a more maybe 6 or 8.
    Look at Krimson killers, was useless. CA reduce a bit hp, dmg but add 33% more models.
  • Diablo_ImmortalDiablo_Immortal Registered Users Posts: 6
    WAAAAAGH! You nasty magot, get back to da camp and stop wasting time not playing true orcs!
    Me like to see Halflings as a new race for Warhammer II world, Halfling Soup is da favourite of my Grandma.