Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH3 Discussion-Time: Nurgle 4 LLs

2»

Comments

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2018
    Hopefully norsca will also receive 4 LLs of the chaos gods, tho I don't know who from nurgle would most fit them and who would be a better match for WoC

• PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    Timpeyo said:

Hopefully norsca will also receive 4 LLs of the chaos gods, tho I don't know who from nurgle would most fit them and who would be a better match for WoC

Norsca won't receive 4 LLs of the chaos gods, that is almost 99% sure:

- All their mechanics and roster are designed around them being unaligned until the player chooses their god.
    - They were 10 euros, not 17.

If Norsca gets a third LL and/or a generic caster lord we should be more than happy.
    Pocman said:

Timpeyo said:

- All their mechanics and roster are designed around them being unaligned until the player chooses their god.

If Norsca gets a third LL and/or a generic caster lord we should be more than happy.
    Maybe but I have a feeling they might change that for the third game as chaos would have already arrived at the start if you have a choice off playing the DoC.

but u could still have the choice of being Wulfrik or Throgg and being unaligned if you wish and then choosing a god, plus I would rather have characters like Valkia the Bloody with norsca

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460
    edited December 2018
    Timpeyo said:

Pocman said:

Timpeyo said:

Maybe but I have a feeling they might change that for the third game as chaos would have already arrived at the start if you have a choice off playing the DoC.

but u could still have the choice of being Wulfrik or Throgg and being unaligned if you wish and then choosing a god, plus I would rather have characters like Valkia the Bloody with norsca
    Valkia the Bloody should be WoC. Period. For Norsca only unaligned characters fit, because otherwise you couldn't use the Norsca mechanic to its fullest. What Norsca needs: SURTHA EK AND HIS CHARIOTS!

Also in regards of Festus again: Festus has a dramatic backstory and is in my opinion far more interesting than "Large, expensive model number 3" of the End Times. And I think in said End Times Festus was just short of reaching Daemonhood when he was killed...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
    edited December 2018

Timpeyo said:

Pocman said:

Timpeyo said:

Valkia the Bloody should be WoC. Period. For Norsca only unaligned characters fit, because otherwise you couldn't use the Norsca mechanic to its fullest. What Norsca needs: SURTHA EK AND HIS CHARIOTS!

Also in regards of Festus again: Festus has a dramatic backstory and is in my opinion far more interesting than "Large, expensive model number 3" of the End Times.
    Not a fan of surtha ek sorry, but who knows.it's just because she's was actually a norsca warrior I think she would fit better along with other human asended to Deamon hood characters being so far north near the wastes now chaos has arrived and spreading.

WoC I would like characters who have been mutated like vilitch the curseling, still human but touched by chaos. I do love Festus tho I can see him being alot of fun

Strange idea but maybe Tamurkhan could start off in his maggot worm form and u Frist have to find a lords bodies to inhabit before you find your true form in campaign
    Post edited by Timpeyo on

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 353
    I really like it. About the legendary lords i would like to see them in this order:

• Tamurkhan = core 1
    • Glottkin = core 2
    • Epidemus = FLC because he's easier to make than both Tamu and Glotts
    • Gutrot Spume = i don't know...CA can just use his model to make a Nurgle Champion variant or a tech tree lord. So instead of him i would like to see someone else. But if we get him i'm fine.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 472
    Get Festus in there and keep either Epidemius or Ku'gath for the Deamons Undivided. Monogods should be a mix of Beastmen Warriors and Daemons and the undivided factions only 1 of them (with WoC abd BM already being implemented).
  • GollummypreciousGollummyprecious Registered Users Posts: 400

I really like it. About the legendary lords i would like to see them in this order:

• Tamurkhan = core 1
    • Glottkin = core 2
    • Gutrot Spume = i don't know...CA can just use his model to make a Nurgle Champion variant or a tech tree lord. So instead of him i would like to see someone else. But if we get him i'm fine.

I better want Festus or Epidemius as core 2 because he is a caster lord, your 2 core guys are more of close combat beasts and might feel a bit repetitive in terms of gameplqy
    Sanity is a curse, madness offers the only freedom...
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    As an asside, if we ever got god themed LLs for the Beastmen, do you guys think that Molokh Slugtongue would fit for Nurgle?
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 3,565
    The TWO lords I don't want to see are The Glottkin and Tamurkhan but since you mentioned the Maggot Riders that now makes 3.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    OdTengri said:

The TWO lords I don't want to see are The Glottkin and Tamurkhan but since you mentioned the Maggot Riders that now makes 3.

What do you have against a giant maggot inside of someone's corpse riding around on a toad dragon?
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Registered Users Posts: 433
    Agree. I want to see Tamurkhan, Glottkin, Maggot Riders and Ku'gath/Epidemus. Perfect Nurgle-monogod legendary lords and instabuy.
    I really can't wait to buy the most expensive Warhammer 3 edition if it's Chaos themed. I have SO MUCH money for this game and monos.

• englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 3,989
    edited December 2018
    Good one, love it I would make 2 Mortals and 2 Daemonic Lords and make it a whole faction.

Also in before Nope.

Edited for politeness.
    Cheers, Canuovea.

Post edited by Canuovea on
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,635
    Glottkin are a nice model, but I don't expect to see them as the 3 in 1 deal seemingly prevented CA from doing the sisters so I think the same happens here.

I'd go with Epidemius for the DoC LL and Gutrot for the Mono LL.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited December 2018
    With nurgle's 4 legendary lords I'm still hoping for each legendary to represent each distinct group of his followers. (maybe even beastmen :smile: too! )
    So, in effect, at least 4 in total to represent the Cultists, Champions, Lesser, and Greater Daemons.

However, I'd be perfectly happy at this too and many other combinations.

1. Glotkin
    2. Ku’gath
    3. Tamurkhan
    4. Festus

(misunderstood vampire's list^)

The only thing I'd literally explode in righteous ginger fury over is if they made up a LL for grandpa nurgles roster. Even one would be too many. :angry:
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • SoftisSoftis Registered Users Posts: 34
    I like this post. Wish to see a similar thread for the other 3 gods.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2018
    Wyvax said:

As an asside, if we ever got god themed LLs for the Beastmen, do you guys think that Molokh Slugtongue would fit for Nurgle?

I would say Tzeentch.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,635
    Actually, scratch my prior choice for the DoC LL, I'll go with Scabeiathrax

DoC should have the most over the top LL's. there is and this big lad is right up there.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    edited December 2018
    s

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
    Softis said:

I like this post. Wish to see a similar thread for the other 3 gods.

Tzeentch is the only one left I think. :smile:

I just want a release date or announcement so I can daydream until it comes out :lol:

Let the Games Begin!
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 353

• Tamurkhan = core 1
    • Glottkin = core 2

I better want Festus or Epidemius as core 2 because he is a caster lord, your 2 core guys are more of close combat beasts and might feel a bit repetitive in terms of gameplqy
    The Glottkin have also Ethrac Glott, a caster.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    I think an interesting way to make the Glottkin would be to have them all be one model and as their health drops you lose one of the brothers riding on top. So at like 2/3rd health the caster brother collapses and you can't cast anymore. When the 2nd brother drops at 1/3rd health you lose something else (considering he's a warrior, maybe a loss of morale or vigour for troops) and then the last giant brother dies when health is at 0. I would just much rather them as one LL then 3 individual ones.

I think this would be a possible way to balance an otherwise very powerful lord who can do everything. High damage, high hit pool, and casting. So it would be a calculated risk of keeping them back to keep casting or throw them in the fray, but then face the repercussions as your health drops. Eh, who knows what they'll do or if they'll even make it into the game.
    Later