Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH2 keeps crashing (windows update ?)

GlimmerXPGlimmerXP Posts: 8Registered Users
since the new windows update my game keep crashing when I try to load into single player campaigns heck I cant even run a benchmark w/o the game crashing on me and takes me back to my desktop screen (I haven't tried online yet)

I hope you guys get this resolved soon seeing how multiple people are having this problem

I even tried the suggested solution such as removing the windows security update but it was to no avail

I like to add I was playing the game perfectly fine before this update and my gpu drivers are up to date

Comments

• k10k10 Posts: 19Registered Users
    Super sucks that so many people are having this problem and CA/Sega are so quiet about it. I'm sure they are fixing it, but it's really frustrating being one of the folks with the problem.

I've submitted a ticket to SEGA support linking to my forum post and they keep asking for the same things in the forum post. It's really really disappointing to be in this situation and frustrating dealing with, what I am assuming is, incompetent support from SEGA. Hopefully when someone gets around to addressing the issue I will feel better about it.

I replied to your post because my post has been here for 4-5 days with no response and I was hopeful that you felt some love from another user posting with the same issue.

All the best.
  • MogletmoxMogletmox Posts: 1Registered Users
    Quite a few ppl without the game for nearly a week now
    im still having no luck getting it running

unistalled the win10 update and no difference

:(
  • DrawVid2DrawVid2 Posts: 15Registered Users
    Been running the game fine (for over 90 hours) with no crashes at all...

Just updated to the Windows 10 'Fall Creators Update' and now the game crashes on launch...
    UPDATE: I've just used 'Display Driver Uninstaller' to uninstall my graphics card drivers then installed the newest version again.

It fixed my problem!

I think it may have had something to do with Windows automatically downloading and installing the video drivers - it messed it all up.

Try it out and see it that fixes it!
  • Deceiver9811Deceiver9811 Posts: 28Registered Users
    DrawVid2 could I ask what Graphics Card you are using?

DrawVid2 could I ask what Graphics Card you are using?

1080Ti
  • ihq47ihq47 Posts: 66Registered Users
    Ask Windows Update to install the latest update, it fixed the issue for me (on Win 10) though my old saves are lost. It takes a long time to install, so be sure to reserve time for it.
  • GlimmerXPGlimmerXP Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    ihq47 said:

Ask Windows Update to install the latest update, it fixed the issue for me (on Win 10) though my old saves are lost. It takes a long time to install, so be sure to reserve time for it.

Just installed but..my game still crashes when I try to load into a campaign :/

Did you do anything else like delete your graphics card drivers and reinstall those too ?

any help would be appreciated and ty everyone for the feedback so far

edit *

there seems to be another update after the huge one il let you know if this one resolves anything hopefully
  • GlimmerXPGlimmerXP Posts: 8Registered Users
    okie I can confirm now that the huge Windows 10 Fall Creators Update has made warhammer total war 2 playable again for me :D

I hope it fixes the issue for everyone else too
  • AvartAvart Posts: 79Registered Users
    Thread might be a little old but i allowed the windows update today ..The game would not launch until i reinstalled graphics driver...Then i noticed that running Riva Tuner would make the game to not launch again.This was not happening before the windows update

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file