Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So, Can We Have An Official Statement WRT Future WH2 Content?

Comments

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 623
    edited December 2018
    Recently on Reddit everytime i tried to ask if CA can update the FLC Chart the modders, or i don't know who the hell is, deleted my threads. I asked a friend to do the same...thread deleted.
    Yesterday i tried to do the same with this "no more contents till after 3K" debacle...thread deleted after a minute at most.
    It's obvious that CA, or i don't know who, don't want to reply to these questions nor they want these kind of threads to run free on the subreddit.

That said asking for a "Chart" about their future plans for Warhammer 2 is quite useless and getting a reply is quite impossible.
    We have to wait. Nothing else, nothing more.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,165
    edited December 2018

Recently on Reddit everytime i tried to ask if CA can update the FLC Chart the modders, or i don't know who the hell is, deleted my threads. I asked a friend to do the same...thread deleted.
    Yesterday i tried to do the same with this "no more contents till after 3K" debacle...thread deleted after a minute at most.
    It's obvious that CA, or i don't know who, don't want to reply to these questions nor they want these kind of threads to run free on the subreddit.

That said asking for a "Chart" about their future plans for Warhammer 2 is quite useless and getting a reply is quite impossible.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA I KNEW IT. All these endless downvotes are from CA too. Every bug thread on reddit gets downvoted to hell. CA I SEE YOU.

Personally I think it's really sad. All last studios who make Warhammer make it for money mostly =(

Any chance you tell me your reddit name? Just interested. Mine is GGGOPRO btw.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,189
    edited December 2018

Xenos7 said:

Folks, folks, can we stop the silly games? It's clear by now that WH2 is being sidelined and not receiving much attention, development efforts and communication. Are you okay with this? The fine, nothing to see. Are you not? Then act accordingly. Nothing crazy, just voice your discontent on social media and vote with your wallet on CA products. I can guarantee you that if enough people complain things will improve. We have countless examples of this in the industry.

Erhm... No... Just because you do not share the cause, does not mean you should let it go unopposed...

Nothing has changed since the last information we were given. So starting the complain train up again now, is akin to simply kicking the hornets' nest for the hell of it.

And since NOTHING is being put up for sale right now, you cannot vote with your vallet... So that is not really an option.

What you do have, is the option to spread positive awareness about the game, and thus increase the media profile, and show that a lot of people are having a good time with the game, and the potential market is great...

Or you can act like self-entitled brats, that arbitrarily complain about non-news...

You decide for yourself what you think is best for the brand...
    It really baffles me for how long you keep explaining an obvious thing of company not having any official obligations besides delivering a fully working product. No ****, Sherlock!

However, as Xenos already mentioned, we live in a capitalist world, where consumer has the power to express their thoughts and shape the product he paid or going to pay money for.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    makar55 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA I KNEW IT. All these endless downvotes are from CA too. Every bug thread on reddit gets downvoted to hell. CA I SEE YOU.

Personally I think it's really sad. All last studios who make Warhammer make it for money mostly =(
    I mean...i really don't know why those threads of mine got deleted so badly and so quickly.
    I just asked if the FLC Chart might get an update before the end of the year/before the Lord Pack, and if they will expand it in the future. No insults or rant or some angry ****. Not even "what is the next FLC? A Legendary Lord? A Unit? A Race?"...NOTHING.
    Oh well, whatever.

makar55 said:

I mean...i really don't know why those threads of mine got deleted so badly and so quickly.
    I just asked if the FLC Chart might get an update before the end of the year/before the Lord Pack, and if they will expand it in the future. No insults or rant or some angry ****. Not even "what is the next FLC? A Legendary Lord? A Unit? A Race?"...NOTHING.
    Oh well, whatever.
    That's cyberpunk already. Corporations control the crowd.

Lets see how well will go this thread
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/a9x57u/can_we_get_a_roadmap_for_wh2/

makar55 said:

makar55 said:

Oh well, whatever.
    That's cyberpunk already. Corporations control the crowd.

Lets see how well will go this thread
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/a9x57u/can_we_get_a_roadmap_for_wh2/

Ahaha! I will keep an eye on it.
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 284

CA, your off the cuff remarks have incited a lot of unrest and anger. Time to come clear and tell your buyers what's going on. I think we are owed this much consideration.

If the LM/SKV LP is scheduled to release behind 3K, I want to know it for certain. I also want to know how far behind. I also want to know if that's going to be the final piece of content to be released for WH2. Do not keep such things secret.

Not in my name
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 284

Xenos7 said:

Folks, folks, can we stop the silly games? It's clear by now that WH2 is being sidelined and not receiving much attention, development efforts and communication. Are you okay with this? The fine, nothing to see. Are you not? Then act accordingly. Nothing crazy, just voice your discontent on social media and vote with your wallet on CA products. I can guarantee you that if enough people complain things will improve. We have countless examples of this in the industry.

I'm amazed by the people who want to know less. I'm amazed even more that those people act offended when people ask for more information. I mean those people could have easily ignored this thread and lost nothing. If CA responds, better for everyone, if not, well, then it made no difference.
    We cant ignore this cause u take urself the right to talk in our names too...which is quite upsetting
    Pls just write for urself and we are all fine
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,021
    ASyrian said:

Xenos7 said:

I'm amazed by the people who want to know less. I'm amazed even more that those people act offended when people ask for more information. I mean those people could have easily ignored this thread and lost nothing. If CA responds, better for everyone, if not, well, then it made no difference.
    We cant ignore this cause u take urself the right to talk in our names too...which is quite upsetting
    So you want to know less? Good for you. I want to know more and I see from the likes I'm not alone.

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 973
    Sub reddits are usually full with people who are fanatics of a product and love it to no end.
    Company can say and do the most absurd things and the sub reddit would not care, might even praise the company for their bad decisions.

Just look at Fallout 76 sub reddit or other similar products. Only exception I see is the EA games because some how entire internet agrees on hating their games. So yeah do not think that post on reddit will get popular or last long.

In any case CA has to be more open and give us a road map. This secrecy, silence and bad marketing is hurting them now. They should really listen to us, open communications is better for all parties involved.
    ASyrian said:

ASyrian said:

Xenos7 said:

So you want to know less? Good for you. I want to know more and I see from the likes I'm not alone.
    You are some kind of troll arent you?
    "You want to know less" seems to be your kick off to any conversation
    And im totally fine with the amount of info yeah, thanks
    Abd what likes? You would need a ten thousand likes to justify your talk
    He thinks that he is right and others are not, I agree with him, since I support his view. CA should tell me date of each patch for next 10 years.
    edited December 2018
    ASyrian said:

ASyrian said:

Xenos7 said:

You are some kind of troll arent you?
    "You want to know less" seems to be your kick off to any conversation
    And im totally fine with the amount of info yeah, thanks
    Abd what likes? You would need a ten thousand likes to justify your talk
    So what have you gained from attacking me? If CA gives out more information, everyone has won. If they don't, then this thread made no difference and you wasted your time.

Is there some kind of reward CA hands out to people who defend them tirelessly on the stupidest of arguments? Do they get content sooner?

Also, this isn't the first time I made a thread like this. Before VCoast dropped I asked for a statement on whether they were working on fixing the loyalty mechanics and they replied they did and lo, it was fixed in the next patch.

• SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,219
    I also want CA to give us more information.
    We all know they promised in the past better communication with the community, nothing really happened afterwards...

I agree with Xenos7 that we have to vote with our wallets, since I am quite unhappy with WH2 I didn't buy any DLC thus far. But I know that our protests is not even noticed by CA, it seems they are still successful despite their questionable Update/Patch/communication policies. Unfortunately we on this forum are the minority.

Of courcse I will still voice my displeasure.
    edited December 2018
    LolTHELol said:

Sub reddits are usually full with people who are fanatics of a product and love it to no end.
    Company can say and do the most absurd things and the sub reddit would not care, might even praise the company for their bad decisions.

Just look at Fallout 76 sub reddit or other similar products. Only exception I see is the EA games because some how entire internet agrees on hating their games. So yeah do not think that post on reddit will get popular or last long.

In any case CA has to be more open and give us a road map. This secrecy, silence and bad marketing is hurting them now. They should really listen to us, open communications is better for all parties involved.

That sounds crazy about Fallout 76. I am happy things are different youtube and most of people hating it, the same goes for Metacritic. Thats great there are lots of platforms so by comparing opinions from all of them person may compose a great picture of all things.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,857
    edited December 2018
    More off topic comments and personal snipes removed. Please discuss the topic not the posters.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • PixeldiktatorPixeldiktator Registered Users Posts: 144
    There might be a spot in march/april for the DLC, considering that CA started to release the blood DLCs 1-2 months after launch in recent games iirc, so that might make space for the lord pack. On the other hand we should consider that we've got the voicelines already in September, so maybe they've worked on the LP during development of VP in order to be able to launch earlier, maybe even before 3K (I wouldn't take Grace's statement about the Festag teaser thing not as a confirmed after 3K).
  • KhaineSBLKhaineSBL Registered Users Posts: 44
    I’d be curious to know why a company would throw money at an Atilia reskin (TOB) and 3K when the Wathsmmer franchise is literally a cash cow with a direct line to mine and probably a lot of other peoples wallets.
    From my perspective although there appear to be some very interesting machanics in 3K I won’t be buying it as it’s not a period of history that interests me.
    It would be nice to have more interaction in the official forum rather than Reddit.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,021
    KhaineSBL said:

I’d be curious to know why a company would throw money at an Atilia reskin (TOB) and 3K when the Wathsmmer franchise is literally a cash cow with a direct line to mine and probably a lot of other peoples wallets.
    From my perspective although there appear to be some very interesting machanics in 3K I won’t be buying it as it’s not a period of history that interests me.
    It would be nice to have more interaction in the official forum rather than Reddit.

Because the way they are doing it now, they are minimizing the gap between new content and WH3.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,223
    For once I agree with you, CA should be more clear on what they doing. FLC chart is still not updated at all.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,736
    I'm not sure I consider it entitlement, or nothing to be angered at, when CA deliberately withholds units for DLC purposes and then takes an age to release them because they want us to buy their other stuff in the meantime.

It's not a unique business practice to them by any stretch of the imagination, but no-one should be expected to be happy over it. If you're going to chop the game into bits and sell it in instalments at a premium, don't drag it out longer than needed.

If they released a roadmap as the OP suggested, we'd all know to bugger off from here for six months (or however long) at least.

However I'd point out that they did release an FLC roadmap that turned out to be utterly unreliable and full of things that shouldn't really have been on there to pad it. Would an official DLC roadmap be of any greater worth than that?

Personally, it's just made me decide not to purchase TWW3 on release, as I don't trust it to be similarly dragged out.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."

KhaineSBL said:

Because the way they are doing it now, they are minimizing the gap between new content and WH3.
    And maximising it from WH2's launch. Bad idea. You eat food when it's freshly cooked, not when it has become stale.

KhaineSBL said:

I know why. It's more money in shorter time. Releasing game $$$ > supporting released product $. In long term it should hurt em, but I have no idea how much, since these things take time to calculate. Myself I think CA will drop Total War this decade ( at least PC version of it).
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,396
    CA just wish Warhammer 3 to fail hard, and are in strait way to do it.
    edited December 2018
    Ares354 said:

4 monogod races on release so only die hard chaos fans may buy it.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,153

KhaineSBL said:

That could hint at not having much content for WH2 at all.
    I really hope my bad feeling about not having any content left after new LP is wrong.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,736
    Cortes31 said:

That could hint at not having much content for WH2 at all.
    I really hope my bad feeling about not having any content left after new LP is wrong.

It's almost a certainty.

If there were lots of content, there'd be no need to drag things out with five month gaps inbetween, nor would they have needed to be very creative with the term FLC for what was included in the now nearly exhausted FLC chart.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 791

Who said any thing about less communication? I just don't think we are owed any thing... Nor do I think that them not giving us free stuff for Christmas is some great offense.. I also actually have the endurance to survive without Skaven and Lizardmen content..

You don't think coming clear would lessen the whining? As long as they leave things up in the air, people will always assume the worst possible outcome.
    No I don't... Because then people would complain that it would be too long a wait...

We have known for a long time now, that the next LP would come later next year. Literally nothing has changed. But suddenly because we didn't get our free stuff for Christmas, the **** starts up again...
    No, it was announced for "early 2019". If it's scheduled behind 3K it means they gave misleading information about it.
    Source please.

From what I saw it was simply 2019, not early 2019.
    It was in one of the posts when they first revealed they'd put a campaign pack before the LP and the LP wouldn't come out until 2019 and the wording was clearly "early 2019".

Also, the whole point of this thread is asking for CA to clarify on this.
    @Ephraim_Dalton go back @Grace_CA comment. I made the same assumption you did and thought it was “early 2019.” It’s not - she said “2019” - that’s it. False expectations were created and we’re the ones responsible for that.

For the record, I own the VC DLC, but have not played one of the new factions yet - just Kemmler and an Ungrim campaign with the new beta patch. I think it was a mistake to introduce the VC DLC before the Lizard/Skaven LP.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,019
    I believe they should tell us. Simply before or after 3K. I want to know. Another 6-8 months between content releases if poor to put it nicely.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 355
    You know that if the game won't have players after these supposed 6-8-10 months CA might choose to not release any other DLC, LP included, don't you?
    Why they should create a DLC for a dead game?
    And no, Rome 2 have had many players when they released the last DLC.

I don't want to create panic but this is how the world works.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 355
    edited December 2018
    makar55 said:

Ares354 said:

4 monogod races on release so only die hard chaos fans may buy it.
    No please, not again with this "Chaos = bankrupt lmao lol" *** show, **** bullcraps and horse ****.

I understand this rage against the LP release but, please, stop with this Monogods **** and insane **** hate. We don't even know how the game is, not even a bit. Just wait before calling the **** fiasco and **** bankrupt. Regardless i will buy the Third Game immediately if mixed Warriors + Daemons Monogods are in the game. Preorder it tho. Simply because more >>>> less. I prefer having more about what Chaos has to offer thanks to all the related stuff about it.

Sorry if my words seems "too" direct.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

This discussion has been closed.