Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

O-k it is January, when will we get taser for LP?

Comments

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398

KronusX said:

The LP will come when it comes. Expecting it to be drastically different to other LP's if it comes late is setting oneself up for disappointment.

That's on CA, not on us. It is not the clients' responsibility to accept half-assed products because the company can't be bothered to :

A) Hire more staff
    B) Give longer period to products that are not yet released (not DLC) instead of delaying everything
    Hahaha, accidental smiley.

If someone sets completely unrealistic expectations for a product that's on the person setting them, not the company.

The LP will likely be in the same format as the other 3 LP's, expecting it to be radically improved is unrealistic and setting oneself up for disappointment.
    Same formal but twice the amount of time to make it? Sounds like an issue on CA's side then.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,761
    dchip1 said:

The LP will come when it comes. Expecting it to be drastically different to other LP's if it comes late is setting oneself up for disappointment.

Well that AMA had that Rich guy sort of saying they'd try to make it bigger than Q&C (in terms of units) so I think if people expect it to be at least larger than that it won't be setting themselves up for anger. I actually liked Q&C and thought it was worth the price (well the Kharbydiss delay was annoying) so if that's the new baseline for an LP and we can expect at least a little more in the future I'm happy. Of course I'd like a LP to come with 20+ units but I'm not going to complain if its as many as Q&C unless its somehow awful which I really doubt.
    I agree, I actually really like Q&C.

With that comment 6 would be the expected number, but 10+ unique units just won't happen.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
    KronusX said:

KronusX said:

That's on CA, not on us. It is not the clients' responsibility to accept half-assed products because the company can't be bothered to :

A) Hire more staff
    B) Give longer period to products that are not yet released (not DLC) instead of delaying everything

If someone sets completely unrealistic expectations for a product that's on the person setting them, not the company.

The LP will likely be in the same format as the other 3 LP's, expecting it to be radically improved is unrealistic and setting oneself up for disappointment.
    Same formal but twice the amount of time to make it? Sounds like an issue on CA's side then.
    Twice the time? I imagine their production budget and time would be the same, it's simply been delayed.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,467
    Probably in mai...

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

Twice the time? I imagine their production budget and time would be the same, it's simply been delayed.
    If it was really a delay, they would be able to get back on track immediately after the cause of the delay is resolved. What is delaying this next lord pack that isn't already CAs fault?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,558
    I do agree that expecting the lord pack to be something super amazing is setting oneself up for let down. Despite the promise of more units it could literally end up as one single extra unit a piece. Lord packs right now are cheaper and they equal that much less for it.

That said, I am expecting more units but not more than that.

Previous lord packs have either not added a lord that people wanted. Gorst. Missed units people wanted. And rarely overhauled the overall army. So for people looking for big fixes for Skaven and LM? Maybe, but not likely.

They did like the Sword of Khaine reception so maybe we'll see another big mechanic added to either LM, Skaven, or everyone. Who knows but it will be something in addition to rather than army fixes.

In my opinion they should up the price on it and really deliver. Finish out rosters completely, and straight up add more lords. I know they do that to keep expectations similar on each pack so players know what to expect but it's just a straight jacket that routinely hamstrings things.

More looooooooooords.

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

If it was really a delay, they would be able to get back on track immediately after the cause of the delay is resolved. What is delaying this next lord pack that isn't already CAs fault?
    I'm not bothered by the delay or interested in the blame game.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,181

Depends if the LP is coming in Feb or not. 50-50.

More like 90% is not coming, 1% it is coming, 9% CA doesn't really know yet, it may be Medusa or it may be Kharibdyss.
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    I said before VP dlc that next lord pack gonna be at May or late april, no one trust me...
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,271

Merely ordinary humanoid units. Cheap. Low effort. Evil even. FLC is FLC.

BECAUSE ALL THE GOOD UNITS THAT WERE LEFT WERE HUMANOID.
    You could never convince me that the sky cutter and the white lion chariot were good ideas for the high elfs.
    Also looking back at it, if I am not mistaken, the introduction of the bloodwrack medusas also linked to the lore rewrite of Morathi and the cult of excess no longer being linked Slaneesh (8th edition dark elfs was controversial that way). So in a way it is kind of good that the medusas weren't added.
    Oh, I'm sure they left out those because of a philological and genuinely academic concern for the lore of a miniature game which was drastically rewritten multiple times in the last thirty years. Not because they were more expensive to model and animate than elves with a different hat. Not at all.

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

It's no fault. It's a choice. They are just abandoning WH in favour of 3K. Marketing decision.
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 337
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 836
    Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

It's no fault. It's a choice. They are just abandoning WH in favour of 3K. Marketing decision.
    On what basis do you conclude that CA are “abandoning” TWW2? Now, I’ll agree that pushing content off until after Three Kings is a marketing/business decision made so that TWW2 doesn’t cut into Three King’s sales, but that’s not the same thing as abandoning a product line.

TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,242
    Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

Do you have any evidence for that? They are perfectly capable of producing content for two things at the same time.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
    Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

They're abandoning it? We've got 1 DLC on the way. How can a game that has content coming be abandoned?
    dreagon said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

Do you have any evidence for that? They are perfectly capable of producing content for two things at the same time.
    Uhm... they kinda aren't, you know. I don't see them on Steam.
    zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

On what basis do you conclude that CA are “abandoning” TWW2? Now, I’ll agree that pushing content off until after Three Kings is a marketing/business decision made so that TWW2 doesn’t cut into Three King’s sales, but that’s not the same thing as abandoning a product line.

Yeah, it's the same. A game could be abandoned temporarily, but it's still abandoned for the time being. Very large unjustitifed gaps in a development schedule amount to abandoning in my book.
    edited January 2019
    Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

Yeah, it's the same. A game could be abandoned temporarily, but it's still abandoned for the time being. Very large unjustitifed gaps in a development schedule amount to abandoning in my book.
    It hasn't been abandoned by definition of the word. If you think it temporarily doesn't have people working on it that's a completely different thing to abandonment.

You're using a word which simply doesn't fit.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 836
    Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

“Abandoning” in this context just amounts to hyperbole. We’ve seen two CPs and one LP with a second one on the way at some point. Will we see more DLC? Anyone’s guess. Now you can argue that the release schedule doesn’t meet your expectations or match the pace of TWW, but CA clearly haven’t abandoned TWW2. Not even close.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

No more like neglect almost as bad probably though.

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

The game has 3 DLC'S with a 4th coming. Saying it has been badly neglected is simply false.

This hyperbole doesn't help.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

The game has 3 DLC'S with a 4th coming. Saying it has been badly neglected is simply false.

3 DLCs in 1 year and 5 months with one of those DLCs being mediocre, one being mostly re-skins (VP) and TK which was actually good.
    edited January 2019
    The claim that the VP were reskins is false. Q&C also has a 76% Steam rating, making it quite a good DLC and my personal favourite of the three.

Regardless, the sheer amount of DLC the game has already received, and is coming demonstrates that claims of "bad neglect" or "abandonment" are false.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,558
    It was said by the people above the game was abandoned after Tomb Kings and then we got Queen and the Crone, then they said it was abandoned again and we got Vampire Counts. The abandoned rhetoric is old hat and proven false time and time again.

Vampire Counts were not simply reskins. They have plenty of unique units with no equivalent and even where there are reskins there are new animations. Which is significantly more than some of our other supposed unique armies got.

One can say they're to slow, badly communicated, or maybe they picked a bad order on DLC. But abandoned? No.

If you want to see how an abandoned game actually gets treated by a game company? Go look at Dawn of War 3!
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,071
    Alright. It is perfectly fine to criticize CA constructively, but discussions should be on topic. Vitriolic comments about CA are not just unhelpful but also quite likely to derail the thread. Furthermore, there is a rants and raves section of the forum and if users feel the need to do some ranting and raving, that would be a better place for it.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,019
    Canuovea said:

Alright. It is perfectly fine to criticize CA constructively, but discussions should be on topic. Vitriolic comments about CA are not just unhelpful but also quite likely to derail the thread. Furthermore, there is a rants and raves section of the forum and if users feel the need to do some ranting and raving, that would be a better place for it.

Hello, you are the second person on this forum I really wanted to ask a question. If you don't mind this little off topic, of course. Now that you are a moderator, do you have a plan to become administrator?
    KronusX said:

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

3 DLCs in 1 year and 5 months with one of those DLCs being mediocre, one being mostly re-skins (VP) and TK which was actually good.
    You are perfectly right. This is the state of the game. And it is pathetic. Base races are still running on the skeleton crew. I would say more but I'm afraid my comment might be deemed vitriolic, unconstructive and unhelpful. I wouldn't want that. Not at all. Nuh-uh.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

edited January 2019

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

We're arguing semantics here. Neglect is a degree of abandonment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abandon

5a : to cease from maintaining, practicing, or using

CA has ceased maintaining this product for long stretches of time, and will do it again from the looks of it.
    edited January 2019
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

We're arguing semantics here. Neglect is a degree of abandonment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abandon

5a : to cease from maintaining, practicing, or using

CA has ceased maintaining this product for long stretches of time, and will do it again from the looks of it.
    Except this is false. It's maintained the product the entire time. What it hasn't done is update it as regularly as we'd like.

Words are important, when you use a word which is hyperbolic and objectively false like this it distracts from what are potentially valid points.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,071
    Does TWW2 require maintenance? It isn't a "Games As Service" model. It isn't World of Warcraft either.

We would all like more updates and more stuff faster, but I just don't think that is the type of game this is.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

Does TWW2 require maintenance? It isn't a "Games As Service" model. It isn't World of Warcraft either.

We would all like more updates and more stuff faster, but I just don't think that is the type of game this is.

Sure, it does. Only games without bugs don't require maintenance. And we had bugs unattended for months. Right now the game is on a beta patch.