Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No more Intro Cinematics for Old World Factions in Mortal Empires Campaign

Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,662Registered Users
Title says it all, really.

Anyone else feel a bit sad to see them gone? I know the Intro Cinematics for Game 1 Factions aren't necessarily relevant to the Mortal Empires campaign anymore, but I really enjoyed them. I thought they really added a little hype to and excitement to starting a fresh campaign, and they were very well done by the whoever was responsible.

Maybe CA will add them back in at some point? Perhaps when Norsca and the Foundation update is added to the game. I'd like to see the New World Factions get some Intro movies like along the same style, but I know that's probably very far down CA's to-do list.

Comments

• BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Posts: 816Registered Users
    I would guess the reason is two fold - first is to make the game file a bit smaller and easier to download/deal with. The second is probably because, while they are great, they are also often location specific. If they plan to give specific lords new start positions, they would either need to create new cinematics or have them stand out without them.

I agree they are well done, but I doubt we'll see them added back in.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,925Registered Users
    Kinda feel they sometimes dont make much sense if you dont play the intro learn battle
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,113Registered Users
    What? That sucks. I liked having those before each of my campaigns.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,445Registered Users
    I don't think it's a huge loss. Both the Old World and Vortex are more narrative driven, it makes sense to have intros there. But the ME is more about colliding the factions all together, less about story. As long as the regular campaigns still get their cinematics I am content.

Besides, having to make new intros again for every single faction is going be too much of a hassle for CA. It's just not worth it for them.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,662Registered Users
    @Tennisgolfboll @Blaeys
    Yeah, I suppose if Gelt were to get a different starting position for example, it wouldn't make sense for him to have Karl Franz's intro cutscene. And I suppose we can't really expect CA to dedicate resources to making unique cutscenes for each LL, especially while they've got their hands full right now. Still, just disappointing that we lost them.
    Fossoway said:

I don't think it's a huge loss. Both the Old World and Vortex are more narrative driven, it makes sense to have intros there. But the ME is more about colliding the factions all together, less about story. As long as the regular campaigns still get their cinematics I am content.

Besides, having to make new intros again for every single faction is going be too much of a hassle for CA. It's just not worth it for them.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Still though, I don't think the Old World Into's would have been so utterly out of place or irrelevant to the ME campaign that they would need to be removed completely.

Ah well... small loss considering that we got Mortal Empires, I suppose.
  • FenrirGreatWolfFenrirGreatWolf Posts: 6Registered Users