Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

NO "Make War Not Love" FLC/Bonus~ confirmed...

Comments

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,063
    I don't really care for 3K. I want Warhammer. If CA doesn't want to sell me stuff for a while then that's just too bad.

If CA doesn't want to put resources into working on TWWH then obviously that is their choice and their right. I think it's a shame but it isn't my call. Just means I'll have to find something else to focus on for a while.

The way I see it, TWWH had every sign of being a classic cash cow. And cash cows should necessarily be milked while they're fit and able. Leave it too long and they may well age and die. And what CA is doing right now is precisely that, they are refraining from pumping out as much TWWH content as they damn well can.

I can understand why they want to also keep a different franchise running, since being a single franchise company is a bit risky, but they've had years to sort out their production capacity and hire enough staffers for two independent teams. Instead it feels to me as if they have "optimized" their capacity a bit too much, to the point where they have to constantly shuffle workers from one team to the other.

• doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,854
    It could be extremely good news, meaning they are preparing two Lizardmen
    and one Skaven LL with unique faction mechanics.
    And a really meaningful overhaul of the Greenskins or the Empire.
    Which takes time. Lots of time.

• Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Registered Users Posts: 143
    Timpeyo said:

It is a shame to think it's going to be such a long wait till any more content or communication again from CA, as I doubt a flc array will come or any flc inbetween.

There sole focus sounds to be on there other game now, which I guess there hoping they will make more money on.

I think the problem will be fans exspectations of the lord pack will grow and grow because off the wait and I don't think it will be what they hope, I see it being a very small pack with a few units maybe reusing model frames, the lords will prob be lots of fun but I think people will be wanting more for there buck by then.

I do hope I'm wrong tho but will have to wait and see

Yes, if CA can't even release a little Make War Not Love content this means all their teams are working at 3 Kingdoms. The Lord Pack is at the edge of being a failure right now because they will have no manpower and resources to work at any other TW content bar 3 Kingdoms and its DLC.

I think Razordon, Salamander, Troglodon, all the Forge World units, Ripperdactyl riders, Verminlord, Jezzails, Ratlings, Giant Rats, Stormfiends and Doomflayer won't be in the Lord Pack. I doubt for Tehenhauin, Gor-Rok, Nakai, Thanquol, Skreech and Ikit Claw presence because they need time. Time that CA can't steal from 3 Kingdoms. The Lords must be very cheap like Tretch. So they will very probably add Snikch and Tichi Huichi.

Ark of Sotek, Skink Cohort clones with red crest, Engine of Gods, White Stormvermin, Wind Mortars and Packmasters will be the Lord Pack units. The worst of the worst but this won't take away time and manpower to 3 Kingdoms.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,090
    Buuut...two teams guys!!1Remember??Two teams!!1Seriously to hell with you CA for not only releasing your half-assed shoe horned vampire coast before more deserving factions, but also making us wait forever till next content drop.

Believe in humanity!
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,347
    tyrannus said:

Buuut...two teams guys!!1Remember??Two teams!!1Seriously to hell with you CA for not only releasing your half-assed shoe horned vampire coast before more deserving factions, but also making us wait forever till next content drop.

This really grates me too. Not a lizard/skaven fan but it would have made more sense to release their pack before vampirates
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    It's like CA are trying to stop me buying 3K.

If they are, they're succeeding. This isn't just horrendous PR when you upset the people who are almost begging for new DLC to buy, but it also shows terrible forethought and planning. Truly terrible strategy.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,885
    In a choice between releasing the large content first or the small the logical answer in this case was the large. I'd still have preferred LM/Skaven first though.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,185
    That is a shame. I was hoping for something for MWNL.

And of course 3K is going to get DLC before we do then, because they have the Yellow Turban DLC releasing alongside 3K.

I am also considering closing this discussion thread because people have begun insulting each other. In fact, it started hilariously early. Instead I am going to go back and do some editing. Please don't make me regret that.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,194

In a choice between releasing the large content first or the small the logical answer in this case was the large. I'd still have preferred LM/Skaven first though.

The logical course of action was to release the Lord Pack, which would have brought two races already in-game up to the strength of the others currently in-game, giving us a balanced game and new content.

By giving us the Vampire Coast first, two of the main races remain weak, and we have new content but an unbalanced game.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    I'm being proven right again and again as time passes. That being said, I did say Skaven would be Game III.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,852
    So... Are people just wilfully ignoring that 'Make War, Not Love' is a SEGA event, and not one facilitated by CA?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375

So... Are people just wilfully ignoring that 'Make War, Not Love' is a SEGA event, and not one facilitated by CA?

alway, Dutch
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092

But CA has participated and given us MWNL goodies in the past. Don't see why SEGA running it should matter when it hasn't mattered before.

At least the hardcore CA apologists can't hype us up anymore for... nothing. Our worst fears were realized. No content, no updates, no bug fixes until after 3K. It'll probably still be another 2 months after that before we even get a teaser.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398

But CA has participated and given us MWNL goodies in the past. Don't see why SEGA running it should matter when it hasn't mattered before.

At least the hardcore CA apologists can't hype us up anymore for... nothing. Our worst fears were realized. No content, no updates, no bug fixes until after 3K. It'll probably still be another 2 months after that before we even get a teaser.
    I am more curious how they will try to justify the long wait when the lord pack will be a disappointment .

''Uh, it took a long time because of the complex designs for the characters and the unique hero '' - proceeds to give a couple of re-skins with a generic hero with garbage abilities/generic abilities.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375

Read it again. "MWNL isn't happening this year". Not "we are not participating in it this year"

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461

Read it again. "MWNL isn't happening this year". Not "we are not participating in it this year"

Kind of makes sense too. With DoW3 flopping and the charade of the year before when they had to give all the games stuff for free because it appeared as though the event was rigged in favour of Warhammer.

Best part is we won't get a patch for goodness knows how long.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Sir_SeabiznessSir_Seabizness Registered Users Posts: 6
    Well as an original totalwar player since shogun, who hasn't played since empire/Napoleon until this coming thursday!(took a long break from gaming) I can't wait for 3k and frankly don't care about WH.

I know why some do but I frankly was disappointed when I heard they came out with it, the reason why I loved this game is because of history, warfare, and the ability to change that history. WH is pure fantasy and I just have no interest in that but to each their own! I knew there would be years before something new which was part of my hiatus and Rome/shogun was already done so that wasn't enough to pull me out.

So that's why I'm excited for 3k being focused on more, finally a new era/area!

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280

Well as an original totalwar player since shogun, who hasn't played since empire/Napoleon until this coming thursday!(took a long break from gaming) I can't wait for 3k and frankly don't care about WH.

I know why some do but I frankly was disappointed when I heard they came out with it, the reason why I loved this game is because of history, warfare, and the ability to change that history. WH is pure fantasy and I just have no interest in that but to each their own! I knew there would be years before something new which was part of my hiatus and Rome/shogun was already done so that wasn't enough to pull me out.

I you love TW because of history I'm willing to bet you know very little about history. Historical accuracy is at most at Mel Gibson/Ridley Scott level, and I'm being generous.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,471
    Xenos7 said:

I you love TW because of history I'm willing to bet you know very little about history. Historical accuracy is at most at Mel Gibson/Ridley Scott level, and I'm being generous.
    I would cut down in the assumption department and he never talked about historical accuracy.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

I would cut down in the assumption department and he never talked about historical accuracy.
    I'm just tired of all these people saying they don't like fantasy because they love history. If they really loved history they would know TW titles are a joke from that point of view.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,576
    MLNW was never ever a promised continuation and it's a promotion done by SEGA that their underlings are likely just made to follow. Likely has far more to do with daddy SEGA simply discontinuing the promotion, which was lackluster across all the titles anyways. It wasn't a CA thing, just a thing CA was likely nudged to participate in. Even if it is disappointing to lose it.

Also, all these people saying it will kill the game. Same things said here months before Vampire Coast was released. Ya know just before it became a successful sell. The very faction that Vampire Coast came out says it's not a dead game. Dead games don't get anything let alone a campaign pack of that caliber.

I can agree the pacing is butts, I can agree that not getting more factions and lord packs is butts, that communication has been bad. But dead game? No. Hasn't been a good game? That's also hogwash.

And surprise, when the next lord pack comes out people will buy it and all this notion of rage will go to the back burner a bit till a month later when people start lighting fires again saying the game they just got DLC for is dead. Utter friggen nonsense.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,852
    edited January 2019

Erhmmm.......... Because 'Make War, Not Love' is not happening AT ALL this year.... I don't see how CA is to blame for that.... I mean... Hardcore CA accusers surely cannot be running on so low fuel, that they have to blame CA for something outside of their control?

Addendum: Even if it were happening, then it still wouldn't be up to CA to participate, but 100% a decission resting on SEGA. So if SEGA has decided that CA is not to participate, then how exactly is CA to blame? How low are the CA accusers running exactly?....
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398

''I can't wait for 3k'' '' the reason why I loved this game is because of history, warfare, and the ability to change that history. WH is pure fantasy''

Um sure, because the Romance of the three kingdom is EXTREMELY historical lol.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,217

Xenos7 said:

I just another company to make a Warhammer FB game now. Paradox, Slitherine, are you there?

I'm willing to sacrifice a bag of fingernails and 3 cups of peeled skin for CD Projekt RED to venture into strategy format.
    That's **** disgusting, man. What the heck?
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,787
    Yeah this is definitely worst case scenario. All I want is a more fleshed out TWW, as much as CA can be given the freedom to expand.

The fact that they are just dropping the ball and moving on is such a disappointment, like they’re just not interested anymore in fulfilling its potential.

I’m definitely not buying 3K (don’t care about historical when my dream game is sitting there gathering dust) just like I didn’t give even half a **** about ToB.

But if it’s clear they’re going to neglect the game and they aren’t going to make a decent effort to bring it to its potential then **** it I won’t even buy TWW3. My favorite races are released already, If a depressing drip feed of content and barren patch support is what we get for TWW2 why would it be different for the final game in the trilogy?
    Whew that was a slog to read...

Alright... well... just to be the voice of hope here. No DLC for a while doesn't necessarily mean no good patching for a while.

Maybe the next DLC is actually something really ambitious that they're being hush hush about and have been working on for a while now. Maybe it's Araby? Who knows.

MLNW was always a pretty lame gimmick, and DoW3 did suffer its rather gruesome demise during the last one. I could see it being an easily failed thing at this point. Besides... what other strategy games are there from Sega to compete with atm?

The loss of one marketing thing doesn't mean the whole franchise is dead.

I do think there is some over reaction going on here.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,787
    This does serve to punctuate that content drought and apparent neglect that await us for the majority of the coming year(s).

I’m no CA apologist. However! judging by the amount of bitching around here for every MWNL I totally understand if they don’t want to do it again.

Now things may be different on Reddit where all their fans allegedly hang out, but were I in their shoes I would abandon it as well after witnessing the volume off butthurt that inevitably ensues on these forums.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,885
    Arsenic said:

The logical course of action was to release the Lord Pack, which would have brought two races already in-game up to the strength of the others currently in-game, giving us a balanced game and new content.

By giving us the Vampire Coast first, two of the main races remain weak, and we have new content but an unbalanced game.
    That may be logical from a gameplay perspective, from a CA perspective the larger DLC is obviously more important, hence it being released first.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
    Why do the devs haunt reddit more than their own forums? That actually really annoys me since I don't use reddit.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092

Erhmmm.......... Because 'Make War, Not Love' is not happening AT ALL this year.... I don't see how CA is to blame for that.... I mean... Hardcore CA accusers surely cannot be running on so low fuel, that they have to blame CA for something outside of their control?

Addendum: Even if it were happening, then it still wouldn't be up to CA to participate, but 100% a decission resting on SEGA. So if SEGA has decided that CA is not to participate, then how exactly is CA to blame? How low are the CA accusers running exactly?....
    I can see this as a great opportunity for CA to say "No! We'll have our own MWNL update! We are loyal to our fans!" I can only assume CA can't see it or they just refuse to care.

The next update needs to really be spectacular to make up for the half year of nothing. Really excited to see how much effort they put into it now that they are giving themselves plenty of time to tint a unit some other color and call it a RoR.