Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is CA doing the right move by prioritizing three kingdoms over warhammer 2

saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 11,046
as the title says is this the right move CA should make
#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Comments

• TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,477
    Keep Investors Happy.

New Release = $$$

DLC = $

How fans feel is irrelevant to the economics of the industry.

(This is through the eyes of the company, not saying if it is good or bad.)
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,138
    If only CA will release the new WTAWO we could get some infos about the fate of WH2.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,073
    For them? Maybe. For me? NO. I wish for it to be last minute banned in China 'in order to protect and preserve domestic market' or something.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• epic_159741717334pmOxTsbepic_159741717334pmOxTsb Registered Users Posts: 183
    If they get 1/10th the market penetration in Asia that ToB got in England...$$$$$$.

Huge new market.

It’s. A. Business.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    edited January 2019
    Talmorean said:

Keep Investors Happy.

New Release = $$$

DLC = $

This is why I didn't believe CA when they said the complaints off of Steam over the number of DLC IN Warhammer 1 influenced their DLC policy for Warhammer 2. They just don't have enough people to work on DLC because they all shifted over to 3K or are still on damage control for ToB.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 2,278
    Yes.

If they're going to bother at all, they should at least try to get it right.

Good 3K is good for CA. Good CA is good for Warhammer.

Unpopular view? I have several. In fact, I have many. I miss mini-campaigns.
    There is a good point about 3K = success.....if it will be a chinese cash cow like everyone says.

Success = a crapload of cash = much more resources fot WH2 DLC's and WH3 = better contents in both quantity and quality
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    edited January 2019

Yes.

Never have I heard such heresy.

I kinda do too actually, if only because it gave Orion some really good quests (showing CA can actually make good quests) and it actually had some real victory conditions (showing CA can also make good victory conditions).
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,885
    Of course they are.

Warhammer has gotten all the love and attention over the past few years. There's no reason to complain about them doing something else.

TWW2 is excellent. A little wait for the next DLC is no problem.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04

Yes.

Never have I heard such heresy.
    Most actions I take do not have the Emperor's consent. I always leave the toilet seat up. I have a nursery for snotlings in my stable, because I feel they are people too. THE SKAVEN ARE REAL.

PS. I'm not even green.

Of course they are.

Warhammer has gotten all the love and attention over the past few years. There's no reason to complain about them doing something else.

Okay for all but......"little".......

Of course they are.

Yep. It's only a little wait for the LP.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398

as the title says is this the right move CA should make

Depends. It is a risky move. CA is hoping to:

1) Break into the Chinese Market (which is a hit or miss)
    2) Grab a good portion of players (hit or miss again)
    3) Profit (assuming nr 1 and nr 2 pass)

The real question is, will 3K have Cantonese/Mandarin ? If it does not, I expect massive downvoting on their game .

Of course they are.

6 (or even more) months, at least, after Coast is not that little.

That said i'm okay with the wait IF CA will give to us a hell of a DLC.....something never seen before.
    It must be a dragon compared with that disgusting little insect of Q&C.
  • zanefsuzanefsu Registered Users Posts: 43
    This is true. Quick fix: CA starts to make even more incredible DLC by investing significant time and resources, then charges a lot more for it. Major FLC should not be a thing, as it’s a great way to get other projects prioritized. Yes, it’s a business, but TWW is the golden goose. If CA would make the manpower investment of making this trilogy their flagship games, I’d be willing to throw money at them.
    Talmorean said:

Keep Investors Happy.

New Release = $$$

DLC = $

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,260
    It's more to do with the Schedule. When they released ToB they put resources into the release, they're doing the same for 3K. It doesn't mean they've forgotten about WH2.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    Probably. Could still go awry. Just remember voting with your wallet.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,159
    edited January 2019
    Yes, because CA and SEGA are both businesses that want to make money.

The Three Kingdoms period is hugely popular in Asia, and Asia a potentially untapped goldmine for them. It makes perfect sense for CA to try and tap into that market with TW: Three Kingdoms. If the game becomes a success then it means money.... lots of money; more money for CA, means more money for SEGA, means more money to spend on development of other projects, including Warhammer.

Anyone who thinks CA should abandon 3K and ignore the potential of the Asian gaming market, or hopes that the game fails out of pure spite, quite frankly need to get their head checked.
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on

Of course they are.

That said i'm okay with the wait IF CA will give to us a hell of a DLC.....something never seen before.
    It's a little wait.

Setting overly high expectations for the DLC is setting yourself up for disappointment. The next LP will be along the lines of the other two, the only difference being we can reasonably expect 6 units from it.

Q&C is great. My favourite DLC of the 3 in TWW2. Great units, great characters, great mechanics.

Of course they are.

I remember you saying back in the day we would have gotten monthly DLC and patches after the Norsca problem was sorted. Still standing behind that statement?
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,465
    3K is not a problem for WH at all.

The problem comes if 3K will be such an incredible success that CA won't create any other WH thing and they will close the 'partnership' with GW. But this is highly unlikely.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

Xenos7 said:

Of course they are.

I remember you saying back in the day we would have gotten monthly DLC and patches after the Norsca problem was sorted. Still standing behind that statement?
    People have been harassing and bullying me for 9 months over that comment. I was wrong, not a big deal, get over it.
  • misterZmisterZ Registered Users Posts: 354
    56 days left...
    we get only 4 trailers...
    we know almost nothing about the game and dont have real gameplay...
    if they will not spam us with materials about the game I don't see a point in make Lord pack after 3k

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 3,770
    edited January 2019
    Yes. They are making the right move.

Warhammer is one of their best selling games hands down but they’re actually making less money off of it, as opposed to Rome 2, due to cuts to GW which is significant. They need a successful in-house title that is their very own IP...especially considering that TOB pretty much flopped. They get a larger piece of the pie with 3K. If 3K does well, this in turn will help out Warhammer 2 DLC likelihood, as well as, a better Warhammer 3 (also with the likelihood of more DLC)

Just means we have to wait longer for DLC for the moment which I’m fine with. Would also be a smart move to consider purchasing 3K if you want to help out Warhammer in the future.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.

Of course they are.

It's a little wait.

Setting overly high expectations for the DLC is setting yourself up for disappointment. The next LP will be along the lines of the other two, the only difference being we can reasonably expect 6 units from it.

Q&C is great. My favourite DLC of the 3 in TWW2. Great units, great characters, great mechanics.
    Points of view. To me 6 months is a pretty long wait, then the DLC could come at the end of the year as far as we know.

Setting myself to disappointment? After all those Rich, Mitch and Grace promisses about how good LZ vs SK will be compared with Q&C trauma?
    Ohw, if the LP will be just like Q&C or Grim&Grave then, to me, it's already a fiasco and a huge disappointment. 6 units > 5 units of Q&C, with the risks of getting Red Crested Skinks, Ark of Sotek and Engine of Gods over creatures like Troglodon, Verminlord, Razordon , Salamander, Jezzails, Storm Fiends etc. etc. is a fiasco. De gustibus.

I already said how much i like Q&C so no need to add anything else.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,852
    What makes you think that they are? The DLC team for WH is NOT the same team as the one developing the core WH games..... Chacnes are that most of the core WH games team, are now working on WH3...

There are so much overtly and absurdly wrong assumptions going on about the structure of work at CA on this forum...
    misterZ said:

56 days left...
    we get only 4 trailers...
    we know almost nothing about the game and dont have real gameplay...
    if they will not spam us with materials about the game I don't see a point in make Lord pack after 3k

Easy there mister...

Premature spam (giggle) never made this forum a happy place. I don't see why 3K is any different.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,728
    From a money making perspective it makes sense for them to prioritize 3k, historical title off there own creation, it's just disappointing to hear more months off no content for this game, it sounded after the last communication we got content would be coming more regularly with more patches and updated as they assured fans they were not being forgotten here and regular communication would be kept up.

It would be great if this is still the case vampire coast was a great start but it sounds like this games being put on hold till 3k is out and not being added to apart from last beta. A flc or old faction update inbetween would be ideal but I have my doubts anything will be added now.

I really hope CA gives us a happy surprise tho

Bonutz619 said:

Just means we have to wait longer for DLC for the moment which I’m fine with. Would also be a smart move to consider purchasing 3K if you want to help out Warhammer in the future.

Not a chance. It's simple business logic they'll keep investing in projects with larger RoI. If there was a problem with Warhammer not being profitable enough to being with, 3K being more profitable will simply make the investment even less attractive to the management.

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398

Xenos7 said:

Of course they are.

People have been harassing and bullying me for 9 months over that comment. I was wrong, not a big deal, get over it.
    It kind of is a big deal when you are repeating the same arguments on a different concept now. ''All is well, CA has everything planned out and their dedicated teams are just taking a little bit longer since they are trying to released masterpieces'' .
This discussion has been closed.