Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Exactly 59 days till 3K... Where is the hypetrain? Where is the media blitz?

ReprotoxicReprotoxic Posts: 90Registered Users
Exactly 59 days till Three Kingdoms. Posters are STILL all that's being regularly shown. Where is the info train?? Where is the live campaign map overview? My point is maybe it's time to show current gameplay? Battle-speed, unit collision, AI? Full start position overview, full map flyover, AI on campaign map? Maybe literally anything besides character posters? To be honest in 59 days not much can be changed I'm getting concerned...

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - First Look Campaign Map was uploaded a little over THREE MONTHS before Warhammer 2 launched. Where is the juicy news and unit showcases? It comes out in less than two months and I honestly feel like we have seen nearly nothing. Please don't mistake my caps for anger I'm just legit confused. WHERE IS THE INFO ABOUT THIS GAME?? That's all.

Comments

• mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,681Registered Users
    Hear, hear. And no coy cryptic nonsense please. We want to see some proper playthroughs. (I assume I am speaking for all of us when I say that.)
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 158Registered Users
    Today is the day, trust me!
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,681Registered Users
    edited January 8
    "Quintilius CArus, give me back muh gameplayz!" - 1m4atorCZarDVfiliSAugus2s666
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,142Registered Users
    You know the other time CA didn't release actual game-play footage for a launch?

Rome 2.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,500Registered Users
    I think a lot of folks in England are only coming back from their Christmas break this week. Monday is probably a write-off as everyone's depressed as hell from going back to work, Tuesday and Wednesday is spent getting back into the swing of things and getting back on track, and Thursday and Friday to plan out the schedule for the coming weeks.

So I'd say next week is when we'll start hearing news and getting information again.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,164Registered Users
    It’s an absolute outrage how this game is marketed. Unfortunately ca doesn’t seem to care about consumer criticism nor are they actively communicating with their fan base on these forums. It’s a complete mistery to me why the follow such policies. Hence the company I work for would kill for all the consumer info we’re giving ca for free.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,213Registered Users
    I think the historic games has been hit hard, CA seems a bit worried about over hyping their historic games now and the community is a bit wary.
  • united84united84 Posts: 615Registered Users

You know the other time CA didn't release actual game-play footage for a launch?

Rome 2.

If you compared R2 to Three Kingdoms,

1. R2 showcase longer battles (Battle of teutoburg & Battle of the nile) months before release, 3K had shorter battles.
    2. R2 had 1 full campaign gameplay months before release. 3K, None. Only a showcase of diplomacy interface with no Ai gameplay.
    3. R2 had a skirmish vs Ai. 3K, None.
    4. In addition, I am not even counting those rally point videos which disclose a lot about the game. 3k, none. Only posters & warlord legends.

I am not surprise at all if most of the budget goes to Warhammer 3 and TW3K is treated like a "side" project for CA. Yea, Thrones is a good example.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,142Registered Users
    united84 said:

Rome 2.

1. R2 showcase longer battles (Battle of teutoburg & Battle of the nile) months before release, 3K had shorter battles.
    2. R2 had 1 full campaign gameplay months before release. 3K, None. Only a showcase of diplomacy interface with no Ai gameplay.
    4. In addition, I am not even counting those rally point videos which disclose a lot about the game. 3k, none. Only posters & warlord legends.

I am not surprise at all if most of the budget goes to Warhammer 3 and TW3K is treated like a "side" project for CA. Yea, Thrones is a good example.
    That's nonsense. Warhammer 2 has had 3 DLCs drops in 16 months.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,846Registered Users
    I'd say CA was probably worried about having us be bloated on TW content, and wants to starve us for a bit so when they do have food again we jump on it. Based in how hungry people are for news in this thread, I'd say it's working.
  • united84united84 Posts: 615Registered Users
    edited January 8

united84 said:

Rome 2.

That's nonsense. Warhammer 2 has had 3 DLCs drops in 16 months.
    Read carefully, I said Warhammer 3.

Not sure what you are implying about warhammer 2 but the Mortal Empires Map with the old world faction port is some of the most ambitious content ever undertook by CA. Not sure what y'all warhammer fanboys are complaining.
    Krunch said:

I'd say CA was probably worried about having us be bloated on TW content, and wants to starve us for a bit so when they do have food again we jump on it. Based in how hungry people are for news in this thread, I'd say it's working.

I don't think it's a case of CA carefully stage-managing hype and "drip-feeding" juicy tidbits of info to get people going "Oh man, what we know so far sounds so cool, I can't wait to hear more!".

It's more a case of genuine confusion among players who are saying "These Warlord Legend's blogs are cool and all, but they only contain scraps of info or brief mentions of new character/gameplay mechanics that aren't properly explained."

And why has there been so little mention (almost none, practically) of Guanxi or Espionage?

It's as though the whole thing is a bit... well, I don't want to say "scatterbrained", but that's kind of how it feels.
  • ystyst Posts: 6,196Registered Users
    Relax, games likely delayed
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • bellyboybellyboy Posts: 144Registered Users
    A skilled hawk hides its talons.

However, I would appreciate system requirements. I'm waiting on that before deciding whether or not to purchase.
    bellyboy said:

A skilled hawk hides its talons.

Sounds like a dumbass hawk. If I had talons, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be showing those thing off. "Hey guys, you seen my kickass talons yet? Screech"
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 238Registered Users
    It is really a little bit strange that there is no big advertising for their next major title. Just look how much they did it with Rome 2 and even Attila. Hell even ToB gets more attention that 3K
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 675Registered Users
    Something's not right. Having purchased all ca historical titles from day one I am starting to feel disrecpted by ca. That's not good given the fact that I (we) have supported them from day one.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 238Registered Users

Something's not right. Having purchased all ca historical titles from day one I am starting to feel disrecpted by ca. That's not good given the fact that I (we) have supported them from day one.

I think something is wrong with the current state of the game. I will not be surprised if they change the release date back into late 2019
    Ca should take an example on paradox with regard to communication. Next game imperator Rome has many dev diary’s and already some play throughs. Getting really tired of all this secrecy.
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited January 9

Krunch said:

I don't think it's a case of CA carefully stage-managing hype and "drip-feeding" juicy tidbits of info to get people going "Oh man, what we know so far sounds so cool, I can't wait to hear more!".

It's more a case of genuine confusion among players who are saying "These Warlord Legend's blogs are cool and all, but they only contain scraps of info or brief mentions of new character/gameplay mechanics that aren't properly explained."

And why has there been so little mention (almost none, practically) of Guanxi or Espionage?

It's as though the whole thing is a bit... well, I don't want to say "scatterbrained", but that's kind of how it feels.
    What's odd is that the release date is only really 2 months away. Only 2 months. They should have been trying to promote this more heavily.
    I'm just going to re-post Axelrad's comment from another thread, because I think it's an interesting point and might shed some light on the whole thing.
    Axelrad said:

...Showing things too early can deflate sales in lots of different ways, but hasn't actually been shown to help them much, so the general trend in AAA games has been towards shorter marketing periods that have a more intense tail-end so that everyone is hyped for the game as it is coming out. I think 8 weeks is a solid marketing period, so we should see them really ramping things up this week or next. I'd be surprised if they go for a shorter period - I've seen people argue for 2-4 weeks of intense marketing as the "new thing" in this age of shorter attention spans, but it's generally seen as too risky.

Yeah read that one but not entirely in line with for example paradox, which has excellent sales on its titles but an other way of promoting.

Anyway as a fan of the franchise I can only feedback on what I would have liked. Don’t get the feeling that it helps a lot though 😉Will just have to wait and see.
  • juankkjuankk Posts: 210Registered Users
    I made the mistake of disagreeing with so many wallpapers and lack of info in facebook, and CA told me sarcastically that we have got more than enought info for decide if buying this game or not,,.Ive played this franchise since rome 1 but i swear that whenever other franchise develope this kind of games ill be the first one on leaving this total war games, i prefer not to be constantly bombed with comercials and pre-order offers for something that i barely know how it is going to be
    juankk said:

I made the mistake of disagreeing with so many wallpapers and lack of info in facebook, and CA told me sarcastically that we have got more than enought info for decide if buying this game or not,,.Ive played this franchise since rome 1 but i swear that whenever other franchise develope this kind of games ill be the first one on leaving this total war games, i prefer not to be constantly bombed with comercials and pre-order offers for something that i barely know how it is going to be

They did not respond sarcastically at all.

What they said was; They are certain that by the time the game releases, we will have been shown enough to decide whether or not we think the game is worth pre-ordering or just buying on the day it releases.
  • Sir_SeabiznessSir_Seabizness Posts: 6Registered Users
    Not really too relevant in here, but I'm on the total war scene after a hiatus, I haven't heard much about online play, and totalwar.org no longer has clans... did the whole online clans and tournements thing die?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,771Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's all lighten up just a bit.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,605Registered Users
    As long as there are more unique characters being revealed, Im fine.
  • BuhyrBuhyr Senior Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    Well as a resume , we can’t complain or express our opinion , anything that won’t be saying how beautiful and great CA is ,will be closed in forum.Great again don’t worry administrators I won’t complain again and I won’t express my opinion ( nice censure) .
    Buhyr said:

Well as a resume , we can’t complain or express our opinion , anything that won’t be saying how beautiful and great CA is ,will be closed in forum.Great again don’t worry administrators I won’t complain again and I won’t express my opinion ( nice censure) .

Can understand how you feel. Ca tends to be a little arrogant towards it’s community especially on this title. Tob and Rome was a different cup of tea. Really liked the personal approach from jack lusted for example on thrones.

Don’t feel any sympathy for the communication around this title. But it get’s repetitive. So better to focus on things that give postive energy 😉
  • BuhyrBuhyr Senior Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    LESAMA said:

Buhyr said:

Can understand how you feel. Ca tends to be a little arrogant towards it’s community especially on this title. Tob and Rome was a different cup of tea. Really liked the personal approach from jack lusted for example on thrones.

Don’t feel any sympathy for the communication around this title. But it get’s repetitive. So better to focus on things that give postive energy 😉
    Totally indeed , now forward I’ll spend my time on searching paradox games and wait for the final release of three kingdoms despite of being fair or not how the game is widely or closely shown to community. In the end I’ve realised that towardis marketing strategies costumers have little to do about it.