Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will Dong Zhou as DLC or in Base game

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
I personally think it's not a good practice to include it as DLC, most ppl would become outraged to be honest if that happens

What are ppls thoughts on this? Since the warlords list is filled, it only leaves Dong Zhou a candidate for DLC

or will CA surprise us, saying boom

"Dong Zhuo is now part of the playable lords making him the 12th". Which is one way to please fans and give them a lil treat upon release

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,392Registered Users
    edited January 11
    Well, Big D - and by extension Lu Bu - are so popular and iconic to the period, I don't think selling them as separate paid DLC would be well received at all. Maybe as FLC somewhere down the line.

Will he suddenly be revealed as a surprise 12th Warlord? I very much doubt it. Keeping him secret would serve no benefit and just stir up unrest.
    Will he be an unlockable Warlord by finishing the campaign? I very much doubt that too. CA haven't done "unlockable factions" since Medieval 2, I can't imagine any reason for them to go back to it.
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Posts: 621Registered Users
    If he's not in hopefully they add him as FLC at the very least, I refuse to buy a warlord that should be in the game to begin with.
  • JecklJeckl Posts: 371Registered Users
    I think Big D would make a great 12th Lord. Either Day one FLC or something like.

I mean he is a BIG part of the setting (no pun intended) and his posistion (powerful and weak at the same time, like West Rome) would be really fun and cool to play, since the rest look like more weak/ small start.

I can see him coming as DLC, but I would prefer him as FLC (or even a reward for beating the game maybe? though tye don't really do that any more)
    Further more I consider that Morathi's Chaos Corruption must be changed.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,825Registered Users
    I can't see them selling him. I'd say he will probably be FLC later on down the line. Maybe they'll release him with the blood pack as FLC? He was pretty brutal!
  • united84united84 Posts: 587Registered Users
    edited January 11
    If it is going to be FLC, most likely it is going to be something like Emperor Edition for R2.
    However, I won't totally dismiss the idea of it not being a paid DLC.

Companies never remain static. Just look at Blizzard, Bethesda and others.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's avoid turning this thread into another business discussion. Stick with the thread topic, such as it is.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,825Registered Users
    dge1 said:

Let's avoid turning this thread into another business discussion. Stick with the thread topic, such as it is.

A discussion about DLC's is inherently a business discussion is it not?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited January 11
    Krunch said:

dge1 said:

A discussion about DLC's is inherently a business discussion is it not?
    Not necessarily.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,581Registered Users
    edited January 11
    Whom picture is in CA's profile in facebook?

That is LuBu, right?
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,516Registered Users
    edited January 11
    Only the Warlords that was confirmed to be playable at launch would be playable at launch, and CA was clear about what Warlords would be playable. Dong Zhuo would be in the game, but he most likely would not be playable, also if Dong Zhuo would be added with a DLC it could mean that CA would put more work in making his faction, which is not a bad thing and it's better than a FLC.
  • juankkjuankk Posts: 210Registered Users
    Personally I thinks it doesn’t matter if it’s dlc or no I’ll buy it don’t argue for these things :)
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,158Registered Users
    As long as he eventually becomes playable, I'm willing to wait. It still stings that a nobody stole his place, though.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Posts: 412Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

As long as he eventually becomes playable, I'm willing to wait. It still stings that a nobody stole his place, though.

Dude no one stole his place. If he's been put in the game but is unplayable then there is going to have been a gameplay decision somewhere that led to that being the case. You can criticize that decision but suggesting he was cut to make way for another warlord is just not true.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,158Registered Users
    Rob18446 said:

Fossoway said:

Dude no one stole his place. If he's been put in the game but is unplayable then there is going to have been a gameplay decision somewhere that led to that being the case. You can criticize that decision but suggesting he was cut to make way for another warlord is just not true.
    On one hand, you have the tyrant Dong Zhuo. He's literally one of the major antagonist of the setting. He offers a unique challenge (playing as a collapsing empire/starting in control of the emperor), looks amazing, AND starts with Lu Bu.

On the other hand, you have Zheng Jiang, a character that even the fans of the setting know nothing about. She's a bandit lord that starts right beside ANOTHER bandit lord. Her mechanics could easily have been given to bandit lord A (let's call him that as I forgot his name).

If there is a gameplay decision behind this, I am not seeing it. The only reason why she was added instead of him I can think of, sorry in advance if my words offends, is that CA wanted to avoid a all-male roster in the starting line-up. Not saying that CA does not have plans for Dong Zhuo, but it still feels weird that she made the cut and not him.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,516Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Whom picture is in CA's profile in facebook?

That is Lu Bu, right?

Yes it's Lu Bu, but it still don't means that Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu would be playable at launch.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Posts: 412Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Rob18446 said:

Fossoway said:

On one hand, you have the tyrant Dong Zhuo. He's literally one of the major antagonist of the setting. He offers a unique challenge (playing as a collapsing empire/starting in control of the emperor), looks amazing, AND starts with Lu Bu.

On the other hand, you have Zheng Jiang, a character that even the fans of the setting know nothing about. She's a bandit lord that starts right beside ANOTHER bandit lord. Her mechanics could easily have been given to bandit lord A (let's call him that as I forgot his name).

If there is a gameplay decision behind this, I am not seeing it. The only reason why she was added instead of him I can think of, sorry in advance if my words offends, is that CA wanted to avoid a all-male roster in the starting line-up. Not saying that CA does not have plans for Dong Zhuo, but it still feels weird that she made the cut and not him.
    There's are ten other male warlords in the game that could have been cut to make room for him and still include a female option and a fair portion are far less important than him. The only sensible reason for him being cut is that his faction has a purpose in the game that makes it unsuitable for player use. Besides I wouldn't worry about it, modders will no doubt unlock his faction pretty quick.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    edited January 13

I personally think it's not a good practice to include it as DLC, most ppl would become outraged to be honest if that happens

What are ppls thoughts on this? Since the warlords list is filled, it only leaves Dong Zhou a candidate for DLC

or will CA surprise us, saying boom

"Dong Zhuo is now part of the playable lords making him the 12th". Which is one way to please fans and give them a lil treat upon release

I wouldn't be outraged, disappointed and suprised, but not outraged.

I don't agree with everything CA does. I'm also baffled they prioritized someone like Kong Rong, Zhang Yan and Zheng Jiang over him. (hell i'm suprised they didnt include Liu Zhang for the sake of his start position bringing more variation).

But CA made the choices they did, they aren't me so there's bound to be some disagreements. As said i wouldn't be outraged, just disappointed.

If Dong Zhuo, or Lu Bu, doesn't at the very least make it as DLC....Then i'd be very disappointed.

That being said. I don't need a perfect game tailored perfectly to my wishes and desires to entertain me.

• GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    I think they will probably be saving Dong Zhou for a big trailer closer to release.