Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please fix Rogue armies

adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 239
I hope that with the introduction of new pirate "rogue" armies, the AI rogue armies in general will finally be able to actually attack the player. I'm currently playing a ME campaign (after Reinforcement update), and rogue armies will declare war on me but won't attack nor will they attack anyone or get attacked. In general, they seem very isolated, even for rogue armies.

Forward onto Slaughter.

Comments

• SigaretnikSigaretnik Registered Users Posts: 16
    I saw lizardmen with shagots.... cmon ..they would murder each other on site
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,640
    adjung said:

I hope that with the introduction of new pirate "rogue" armies, the AI rogue armies in general will finally be able to actually attack the player. I'm currently playing a ME campaign (after Reinforcement update), and rogue armies will declare war on me but won't attack nor will they attack anyone or get attacked. In general, they seem very isolated, even for rogue armies.

They are a bit passive, but in my games they're a bit more active than in yours by the sounds of things. Have frequently had them invited into war against me and they've attacked, and on a few occasions they've become great chums.

The Wrath of Nature for example accepted a hefty amount of cash and an invitation to a war against Manlet Von Carstein, when he was threatening The Empire and I had to send Alastar and an army over to defend it, as Karl Franz was for reasons best known to himself, dying of attrition in Norsca.

As they were right next to Sylvania, they were able to cripple them by destroying their home province, and they settled there quite happily afterwards, becoming our trusted friends, sadly not surviving Chaos when it finally turned up.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 481
    Different experience to mine to be honest mate. In my most recent Empire campaign i decided to head south and see what the southern Realms were up to. Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes and even Carcassonne... all gone. Now those lands are known as Vashnaars domain.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,599
    While I have seen them be very passive I have also see them be active as well. They have attacked me on occasion, they have gone to war with other factions and taken territory, I have even allied with one that was at war with Naggaroth (I was playing the Everqueen) and had form a bit of an empire in Dark Elf territory (Chaos destroyed them when the invasion happened though).
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 239

Different experience to mine to be honest mate. In my most recent Empire campaign i decided to head south and see what the southern Realms were up to. Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes and even Carcassonne... all gone. Now those lands are known as Vashnaars domain.

Interesting. A while back, Vashnaar used to be MVP in my campaigns as well and leave ridiculously OP fortresses wherever he spawned. But since Q&C and Reinforcement fix, nothing.

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • NariacNariac Registered Users Posts: 248
    I've occasionally seen Rogue Armies settle as well. Most recent times were both Troll-Skullz, and on both occasions they had 4 settlements and were still expanding when I crushed them.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,116
    Rogue armies won't suicide against one of the most powerful factions in the game....... that seems quite smart to me. If your settlements have walls, all at tier 3 with 5+ armies and no 1 or 2 in global strength. How would it be smart to attack you?

Rogue armies should spawn and then pick a target, not necessarily the player. If they can't find a target because everyone nearby is too powerful, then they seem lost as to what to do sometimes. It seems that is what you perceive as broken.

If you wanted, you could actually give them money and send them at a target.... they also do that just fine.

Usually they raid and try to negotiate through diplomacy for money/none aggression pacts. Not every turn, because people complain about spam requests. Players also hate having doom stacks appear on their doorstep without warning.... so what is the solution to "fix" them?

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,327
    I've seen the Arrows of Kurnous (or something close to that) conquer most of Naggarond so they can be active. But it's just as likely they'll just move around a small area too. I like that from the looks of it we'll be getting some sea based rouge armies. Hopefully they make it to ME too.
    Later
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    I've never seen a rogue army do absolutely anything in my campaigns other than stand in one place and occasionally raid.
  • Alanm_jonesAlanm_jones Registered Users Posts: 69
    I've seen both. In my current Avelorn vortex campaign, the Heirs of Morkain are just sitting in Lothern territory doing nothing. Meanwhile Vashnaar spawned behind Malekith and declared war on me almost immediately (at Malekith's request). Still, I was quite a long way away and he didn't do anything, so after a while I asked him for peace. On a whim, I also asked him to declare war on Malekith. A few turns later I have a strong military ally and Vashnaar has 4 of Malekith's settlements in the north-west.

I think sometimes they just need a little push. It is a little weird when they just sit there though.
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    They can be active and take settlements, but they have garrisons of 2-3 units and no ability to recruit new units.

So they never become viable factions
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,383

Lol Vashnaar, the bane of all rogue armies that can end campaigns and cause tears. I remember him from the start of WH2 when he invaded my Tyrion campaign and decide to take half of my domain (good old Vash).
  • PappyTronPappyTron Registered Users Posts: 986
    I had a rogue army full of gold chevron Blood Knights and Grail Knights spawn next to one of my minor settlements, way behind the front lines, and attack the next turn.
    "Back in the sweatshop in Ulthuan, we found an Elf, we tossed it right in the soup. Those hungry bastards ate Elf soup every day. What's the worst thing that could happen? Some little snotling chokes on a hairball and dies? So then you toss him in the soup. I was making money hand over foot, literally. Some gobbo lost a hand or a foot, I'd toss it in the soup" - Grom
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,627
    I’ve seen them do stuff. They shouldn’t necessarily be running rampage either each and every game. That’s what the main races are for. And against the player you’re goven ample time to deal with them if you want to. And if you don’t then you’re to blame.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,192
    The rogue armies differe quite a bit in how they behave. Some sit still and do nothing, others fight everyone around them.

• TaitleachTaitleach Registered Users Posts: 149
    edited May 28
    karge068 said:

They can be active and take settlements, but they have garrisons of 2-3 units and no ability to recruit new units.

So they never become viable factions

In my recent game they a huge garrisons in one turn with elite unites.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,223
    it seems like to me that after you get kinda deep into a campaign ( and your power bar is much bigger in comparison ) rogue armies spawn, don't move... eventually declare war on your, and still don't move.... thats silly.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • DukeusDukeus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 164
    Not a fan of rogue armies anyways. I am fine with Chaos and Skaven spawning out of thin air when you hit the ritual button. And i am used to the Beastman tribes that randomly appear in the old world. But some random Elite fullstack that appears in inner Ulthuan for example is just to stupid.

Reason i build walls in every settlement. Super safe island with gates to protect every way in.Nope, Who cares, we just spawn inside. Glad they afk and dont attack sometimes.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,630
    In my last Clan Mors campaign the Rogue Army Doom Seekers appeared around turn 30 and decided it hates me. Many Skaven died to get rid of this awful conglomeration of Slayers and flame throwers.

They attacked me just fine.
  • YavorYavor Registered Users Posts: 45
    I hate rogue armies. I remove them with mods.