Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Royal Hippogryph Knights

AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,356Registered Users
Hey guys, so I was wondering what do you think about the Royal Hippogryph knights.

I feel for their 2000 gold price point, they are underwhelming to say the least, they are really squishy, for their cost making them a risky pick at first, but also their damage is really weak, they do 135 with 6 models and they often knock back enemies meaning they take no damage. They struggle their life out of kill a swordmaster unit wich should be their ideal target, low HP, armored, anti-infantry. They are kinda weak in air battle too; much better to pick pegasus knights.

I just feel that they are not worth 2000 gold, they only get used in certain matchup, because with louen they can swarm large armored models, wich Bretonnia has nothing against, by buffing them it would help fix bretonnias huge weakness to large armored single entities.

What they could do is

+5 MD

+15 AP WS and +5 WS

Maybe something more could be done, but those numbers are just an idea.

Comments

• Green0Green0 Posts: 4,970Registered Users
    they also have perfect vigor, cause terror and 90 armor on a flying 90 speed unit. I believe they beat Star Dragons 1 v 1? Regardless they are cycle chargers. If you let them fight Swordmasters 1 v 1 you're not using them right, I don't see the problem.

They already got decent buffs and are strong now.
  • ystyst Posts: 5,910Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Yea why not, just throw a vigour they dont have. Theres nothing about them that says worth $2000
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • konosmgrkonosmgr Posts: 161Registered Users
    I don't think RHK have perfect vigour.
    sorry my bad I thought Blessing of the Lady was perfect vigor.

I stand corrected, 90 armor and 20% phys. resist. with high HP per model in other words the perfect target to cast Regrowth on.

Really strong if you don't wanna go the Louen route to have terror.
  • ArchonPrimeArchonPrime Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    I think you should pay more attention on Pegasus Knights...RHK are already good(to me al least..)
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,356Registered Users
    Green0 said:

they also have perfect vigor, cause terror and 90 armor on a flying 90 speed unit. I believe they beat Star Dragons 1 v 1? Regardless they are cycle chargers. If you let them fight Swordmasters 1 v 1 you're not using them right, I don't see the problem.

They dont have perfect vigour, and they loose to a star dragon in 1 on 1

• Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,744Registered Users
    edited January 12
    They are good, i would say they just need their flight pattern to be improved, a sthey still tend to bug on the ground.

Maybe +2 MD or smt like that.

But mostly their charge and disengage.
    They r not too far off being viable, likely just missing $200-$300 max.

They could simply just go full grail, getting magic and vigour + some buffs. They r about a sun/moon drag now, just missing unit wiping breath equilvalent ability/convert into stats. They r not too bad, simply overpriced.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
    yst said:

They could simply just go full grail, getting magic and vigour + some buffs. They r about a sun/moon drag now, just missing unit wiping breath equilvalent ability/convert into stats. They r not too bad, simply overpriced.

I think they could get a small buff too, immune to vigour would be a bit too strong for such a high mass unit tough, but a bit more DPS wouldnt hurt

• Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,207Registered Users
    In the festag update they are really very good. They can cycle charge infantry all day long, their pathing and unit cohesiveness is much better, they absolutely annihilate grail knights and they can almost beat a star dragon. I'd say they are more or less worth their cost. Maybe their charge bonus could be boosted a little (50 seems a bit low compared to royal pegasus knights 62). Perfect vigour would also be really nice and would definitely make them worth 2000.
    yst said:

they could get the perfect vogour yes.
    Kranox said:

Green0 said:

up for testing? I find this hard to believe since Dragons are typically weak to multiple-unit flyers.
    Mind guys, im not saying they are trash, im saying they are underwhelming for their 2000 gold price tag, Grail knights and RPK are just a better choice, I only take them vs chaos because bretonnia need heavy AP to take out kholek

edited January 12
    Maybe vigours is what make them special as with breath on dragon.

Still rather they not have it and have some sort of stats/dmg increase. Like i said not that far off being useful, definitely not $2000 yet thats for sure.

Maybe frenzy?
    edited January 12
    Green0 said:

Kranox said:

Green0 said:

up for testing? I find this hard to believe since Dragons are typically weak to multiple-unit flyers.
    Star Dragon loses to RHK afaik

But i do think thet they are close statwise to TG but don't have any breath attack and could use somethign special.

Green0 said:

Kranox said:

Green0 said:

But i do think thet they are close statwise to TG but don't have any breath attack and could use somethign special.
    Wait what ? Just tested this 3 times and Star dragon won really convincingly

Go test it and send me your results

Kranox said:

Green0 said:

Kranox said:

Green0 said:

There's a trick if you want to get RHK to do well vs dragon, you have to force path them so that they surround the dragon. They still lose but it's pretty close.
    yst said:

Maybe vigours is what make them special as with breath on dragon.

Still rather they not have it and have some sort of stats/dmg increase. Like i said not that far off being useful, definitely not $2000 yet thats for sure.

Maybe frenzy?

No not frenzy, that just doesn't fit well. just increase charge bonus a bit (like +8-10).
    Louis_1 said:

Kranox said:

Green0 said:

Kranox said:

Green0 said:

There's a trick if you want to get RHK to do well vs dragon, you have to force path them so that they surround the dragon. They still lose but it's pretty close.
    Oh ok yeah, tough in a straight up attack they die quick

edited January 12
    well they can win but you have to avoid the breath.

But yeah they still could use something for that missing breath attack i think.

Hummm starting to get hella complicated tough.

Still feel its underwhelming. Its basically the same thing as putting a unit in spagetthi line vs a unit in block. But the generally loose.

I just want to see a little something to make them stronger

But yeah they still could use something for that missing breath attack i think.

They're not missing a breath attack, they're not dragons. They serve a different purpose to dragons, they are much better at cycle charging infantry and they are better against cavalry.
    Kranox said:

Hummm starting to get hella complicated tough.

Still feel its underwhelming. Its basically the same thing as putting a unit in spagetthi line vs a unit in block. But the generally loose.

I just want to see a little something to make them stronger

well yes i agree they are good but definitely not TG lvl, and they are supposed to be faction taht is very good in air like VC. Statwise RHK are good, i think they could use something fancy though. They are super expensive.
    They beat any cavalry unit in the game, what more do you want? They don't need anything fancy.
    edited January 12
    Louis_1 said:

They beat any cavalry unit in the game, what more do you want? They don't need anything fancy.

They actually lose to star dragon very badly xD i just tested it. so i dunno maybe they are indded not that good for 2k points.

But they can beat TG in the air. So i dunno they are good but maybe could use something.
    edited January 12
    ^ they were never good for a $2k, ever.

They would be pretty nice at 1.8k but i doubt ppl want that instead of a stronger unit.

Ure paying $500 xtra in addition of a grail knight, and u get... this fat bird knight thing on air thats just lacklustre.
    edited January 12
    They will indeed destroy all ground cav, but comon theycost freaking 2k. I would be very unhappy fi they could not kill a ground cav for this cost. But still could get something for that heavy price. Immune to vigour is not mandatory casue you will sue regrowth on these guys anyway. But they could maybe use like +10 CB indeed.

edited January 12
    yst said:

They would be pretty nice at 1.8k but i doubt ppl want that instead of a stronger unit.

Ure paying $500 xtra in addition of a grail knight, and u get... this fat bird knight thing on air thats just lacklustre.

yea 1800g and then what? Would you like an active ability that gives you a free win too? They currently have over 600 WS all together, which is more than any Dragon, splash damage, 20% physical resistance, possibility to cast Regrowth on them, Terror, 90 speed and 90 armor along with very decent stats. They could see a +2 MD although this would require tuning down Bret cavalry a bit to not make it overpowered, but honestly they are perfectly fine, they shouldn't be autopick like some people here would love them to be.

They aren't even remotely comparable to GK, AP, guaranteed rear charge, Terror... easily worth 500g.
    Green0 said:

yst said:

yea 1800g and then what? Would you like an active ability that gives you a free win too? They currently have over 600 WS all together, which is more than any Dragon, splash damage, 20% physical resistance, possibility to cast Regrowth on them, Terror, 90 speed and 90 armor along with very decent stats. They could see a +2 MD although this would require tuning down Bret cavalry a bit to not make it overpowered, but honestly they are perfectly fine, they shouldn't be autopick like some people here would love them to be.
    in all honsty i don;t know if you are taken seriously anymore in bretonnian threads :D