Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Your favorite cavalry unit in Warhammer 1&2

DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,318Registered Users
It seems many folks seem to like my series of post from the 'your favorite' series. Thank you for the support and its great fun to read everyone's choices ;) !

NOTE !! ... There seem to be a con artist on this forum who steals my series (yes mr bretonnia I look at you :P) don't let him fool you !! THIS is the original series, and the only one :D ! (kidding of course, but also kinda not).


Today I am going to ask you : what is your all time favorite cavalry unit in the entire game ? This includes warhammer 1&2 together !

There will be a rule book in place again and I highly suggest you to read it before giving an answer. I still see a lot of people giving answers that are not aloud in the great book of rules, so please, read them before posting your favorite cavalry unit !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES

You can only pick 1 unit as your favorite cavalry unit.

Your favorite cavalry unit comes from the game, not anything added in by mods.

Your choice can't be in anyway influenced by mods (lets say stats are buffed, and therefore you like the unit better then its original form).

You need to tel us WHY you like your unit, otherwise this post loses it purpose.

There is no need to tell others why there choice might be a poor one in your eyes, everyone has there own favorite unit.

No mount from any legendary lord/hero's are allowed.

RoR units are allowed.

You should pick your choice without taking cost effectiveness in consideration. I want to hear your RAW answer of which cavalry unit is your absolute favorite.

Any DLC or FLC cavalry units are allowed.

I ask for your favorite unit in the game, not lore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I start off again.


This is the easiest pick ever so far (don't you worry, I have a LOT more posts coming up on this series ^^ Lots of ideas).

My absolute 101% favorite cavalry unit is : The Grail Knights of Bretonnia




I don't care what people say about the eternal struggle between the Blood Knights vs the Grail Knights, these guys are just completely IT !! They got so much style and are so good I even dare charging them right into a group of spears and halberds.

It does help that Bretonnia is one of my favorite faction in the game/lore and it would only fit well to see such a heroic cavalry unit in the roster of Bretonnia.

I love the idea that these knights went trough so much in order to receive there blessing and with it, there superpowers to become the pinnacle of whats good in mankind.

I am also in absolute awl with the Lady of the Lake and the idea the Grail Knights will protect her till the end of time and beyond if need too.


These units are my absolute favorite cavalry unit in the game, they feel very versatile and are extremely tough. I never ever make a heavy cavalry build army, but with Bretonnia and the Grail Knights I make an excepting. I let king Louen only ride with Knights and nothing else (role-play reasons). The Grail Knights form the bulk with around 10/12 or so in 1 army and the rest Royal Hippogryph and Royal Pegasus and a paladin. It works all the time ! and they destroy ANYTHING in there path. I might even say its one of the strongest army I use.

These guys are just awesome, demigods among man. I love them, and I LOVE there style.


Now its your turn again. Remember, 1, and 1 ONLY .. choose wisely ;) .. good luck !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
«13

Comments

  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,729Registered Users
    By the Lady, Grail Knights!
  • Odie0351Odie0351 Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Knights of the Blazing Sun!

    Coolest human armor in the game to me, love that black and gold!
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,318Registered Users

    By the Lady, Grail Knights!

    May the lady bless you and your offspring a thousand and one time my good Bretonnian friend! You made the right choice!
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

    --~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    Royal Pegasus Knights.

    Liked them ever since i watched the bretonnia trailer and see them epic flapping knights :3
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,542Registered Users
    It's the only cavalry I found out how to use (right click on enemy - wait till he dies - to the next one).



  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    Not a con man, but a fan 😉

    Ok so this is a really easy topic For me



    The Mighty and Pure Grail knights, those guys they are just wow.

    They have the most devastating charge of any Cavalry with a Charge bonus over 100 with lance formation. The combinaison of their speed, charge and immune to vigour makes them a terror in late battle, when everyone of exhausted they are still perfectly fine, going in and out of engagements, their blessing of the lady gives them even more survivability.

    In the lore they are just the perfect representant of good, they protect their godess till the end and beyond.

    They are superhuman, beating vampires in combat, they are made to kill the undead and to protect the kingdom of bretonnia.

    To the Lady !


  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Oooooo so many


    1.Blood Knights
    2. Grail Knights
    3. Chaos Knights
    4. Knights of the Blazing sun
    5. And Centigors


    I’m seeing a pattern in all my favourite units being game 1
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,318Registered Users
    Aryndelin said:

    Royal Pegasus Knights.

    Liked them ever since i watched the bretonnia trailer and see them epic flapping knights :3

    Yes !! And they do some awesome damage !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

    --~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,318Registered Users
    Kranox said:

    Not a con man, but a fan 😉

    Ok so this is a really easy topic For me



    The Mighty and Pure Grail knights, those guys they are just wow.

    They have the most devastating charge of any Cavalry with a Charge bonus over 100 with lance formation. The combinaison of their speed, charge and immune to vigour makes them a terror in late battle, when everyone of exhausted they are still perfectly fine, going in and out of engagements, their blessing of the lady gives them even more survivability.

    In the lore they are just the perfect representant of good, they protect their godess till the end and beyond.

    They are superhuman, beating vampires in combat, they are made to kill the undead and to protect the kingdom of bretonnia.

    To the Lady !

    My friend! You wrote a real testament to there awesomeness there. Hail to you, hail and all glory to the lady !!!

    May the grail knights bring goodness the world again! And let Bretonnia rule for eternity !!!

    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

    --~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 3,009Registered Users
    demigryph knights

    wreck anything large and murder infantry on top + a cool look

    snip

    It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

    the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

    I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,729Registered Users
    Let me just drop it here







    Honour is all, chivalry is all.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    **** thats a real Knight !


  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    Just a fun fact Grail knights even beat Fireborn in Lance


  • Mech_4Mech_4 Posts: 196Registered Users
    edited January 12
    I really like the Silver Helms. Young nobles seeking to prove themselves on the field, brave and proud.
    The rather light scale armour design along with the white horses, bright metal and colours works well without being too much. It's fun watching them charge around the battlefield.





  • Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,189Registered Users
    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.





  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    Grail Guardians.

    Why? Cos stikkas are for snivellin' snotling-fondlers. Gimme a decent choppa any day.

    PS Boar Boyz shoulda been da best, but dey is nuffin! It's not proppa.
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Posts: 74Registered Users
    Do Doomwheels or Rat Ogres count? Rat Ogres in particular since I tend to use them as flex cav-rear guard.


    If not, then I guess I'd have to go with Doomfire Warlocks. Similar to Doomwheels and Rat Ogres, they're so damn fun to micro that I have to make sure I don't get caught up on using them and neglect all my other units
  • Patrickfinzi0904Patrickfinzi0904 Posts: 383Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Squig Hoppers - buffed by a gobbo lord they have a sick charge for their cost, amazing melee attack som they han stay inn prolonged combat. Armor piercing and fast.

    Also, very cool.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    Louis_1 said:

    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.





    Too coward and weak to fight the grail knights, because they know that death would await them.

    Coward pointy ears


  • Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,189Registered Users
    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.





    Too coward and weak to fight the grail knights, because they know that death would await them.

    Coward pointy ears
    It could actually be an interesting fight. Grail knights are powered by the Lady aka Lileath, Wild Riders powered by Kurnous (Lileath's Father). I doubt wild riders are scared of anything though, but yeah in a 1v1 duel a grail knight would win without a doubt, but he'd have to catch the wild rider first. Really there's nothing grail knights could do to stop wild riders.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    Louis_1 said:

    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.





    Too coward and weak to fight the grail knights, because they know that death would await them.

    Coward pointy ears
    It could actually be an interesting fight. Grail knights are powered by the Lady aka Lileath, Wild Riders powered by Kurnous (Lileath's Father). I doubt wild riders are scared of anything though, but yeah in a 1v1 duel a grail knight would win without a doubt, but he'd have to catch the wild rider first. Really there's nothing grail knights could do to stop wild riders.
    They would just hop on Pegasus and catch them. One day or another in a battle wild riders will need to meet Grail knights in combat. Also remember Grail Knights are also one of the fastest Heavy cav, they are not slow by any means, unlike chaos knights


  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,943Registered Users
    Blood Knights!
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users

    Blood Knights!

    Why ? WE NEED AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS HERESY !


  • Otters007Otters007 Posts: 637Registered Users
    Blood Knights for me. Their performance in both anti-large and anti-infantry roles is outstanding, and they look so damn cool, their blood red armour is awesome.

    Oh, and they are vampires riding skeletal steeds. What's not to love?



  • Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,189Registered Users
    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.

    Too coward and weak to fight the grail knights, because they know that death would await them.

    Coward pointy ears
    It could actually be an interesting fight. Grail knights are powered by the Lady aka Lileath, Wild Riders powered by Kurnous (Lileath's Father). I doubt wild riders are scared of anything though, but yeah in a 1v1 duel a grail knight would win without a doubt, but he'd have to catch the wild rider first. Really there's nothing grail knights could do to stop wild riders.
    They would just hop on Pegasus and catch them. One day or another in a battle wild riders will need to meet Grail knights in combat. Also remember Grail Knights are also one of the fastest Heavy cav, they are not slow by any means, unlike chaos knights
    Depends, in game pegasus knights are faster but lorewise and according to table-top wild riders were faster than pegasus knights. Wild Riders can also draw with royal pegasus knights in game if they can bait a charge to make them land so they can turn around and get their own charge.

    Why would wild riders just wait around to meet grails anyway, Wood elves aren't really known for fighting pitched battles or playing fair.

  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    Louis_1 said:

    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.

    Too coward and weak to fight the grail knights, because they know that death would await them.

    Coward pointy ears
    It could actually be an interesting fight. Grail knights are powered by the Lady aka Lileath, Wild Riders powered by Kurnous (Lileath's Father). I doubt wild riders are scared of anything though, but yeah in a 1v1 duel a grail knight would win without a doubt, but he'd have to catch the wild rider first. Really there's nothing grail knights could do to stop wild riders.
    They would just hop on Pegasus and catch them. One day or another in a battle wild riders will need to meet Grail knights in combat. Also remember Grail Knights are also one of the fastest Heavy cav, they are not slow by any means, unlike chaos knights
    Depends, in game pegasus knights are faster but lorewise and according to table-top wild riders were faster than pegasus knights. Wild Riders can also draw with royal pegasus knights in game if they can bait a charge to make them land so they can turn around and get their own charge.

    Why would wild riders just wait around to meet grails anyway, Wood elves aren't really known for fighting pitched battles or playing fair.

    Why are we even having this debate 😂😂

    Its getting funny, Grail knights are the superior warrior, but wild riders are deadly, but they just need to make sure not to meet Heavy cav


  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    Otters007 said:

    Blood Knights for me. Their performance in both anti-large and anti-infantry roles is outstanding, and they look so damn cool, their blood red armour is awesome.

    Oh, and they are vampires riding skeletal steeds. What's not to love?



    I really love the rivalry between Blood Knights and Grail knights, GK generally win in those encounters in the lore, but mainly because they are made to fight undead, they have an aura that weakens undead, wich makes GK have the upper hand. They are really close matched in pure strenght tough. Wich I love.

    For me its the best rivalry in the lore. I love how BK are also kind of honorable in battle.


  • Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,189Registered Users
    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Kranox said:

    Louis_1 said:

    Wild Riders! For Kurnous!!


    They turn light cav into mince meat and can outrun any heavy cav. They have a very special and unique place among cavalry as they are a bridge between light harass and heavy shock cav.

    These guys are just the most ferocious cavalry unit in the game. Who needs armour when you are powered by Kurnous, have magic tattoos and glowing eyes and ride Steeds of Kurnous, immortal spirits of the hunt.

    They laugh at the quaint morality and piety of the grail knights, riding down swathes of brettonians and razing their villages with joyful fury before the grail knights even know they've arrived.

    Too coward and weak to fight the grail knights, because they know that death would await them.

    Coward pointy ears
    It could actually be an interesting fight. Grail knights are powered by the Lady aka Lileath, Wild Riders powered by Kurnous (Lileath's Father). I doubt wild riders are scared of anything though, but yeah in a 1v1 duel a grail knight would win without a doubt, but he'd have to catch the wild rider first. Really there's nothing grail knights could do to stop wild riders.
    They would just hop on Pegasus and catch them. One day or another in a battle wild riders will need to meet Grail knights in combat. Also remember Grail Knights are also one of the fastest Heavy cav, they are not slow by any means, unlike chaos knights
    Depends, in game pegasus knights are faster but lorewise and according to table-top wild riders were faster than pegasus knights. Wild Riders can also draw with royal pegasus knights in game if they can bait a charge to make them land so they can turn around and get their own charge.

    Why would wild riders just wait around to meet grails anyway, Wood elves aren't really known for fighting pitched battles or playing fair.

    Why are we even having this debate 😂😂

    Its getting funny, Grail knights are the superior warrior, but wild riders are deadly, but they just need to make sure not to meet Heavy cav
    Haha I don't know I guess I just like arguing with Bretonnia fans. For ze Lady! (and Kurnous)
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,073Registered Users
    Reiksguard. They were my first cavalry unit in a Total War game, and they are just a solid unit. Good stats, high charge bonus, high armor, and very cost-effective. They also look amazing and are the elite of the Knightly Orders, tasked with guarding the Emperor and preserving the Empire. People from all over the Empire can join their ranks, so long as they prove their worth and loyalty to the Emperor. They are the Emperor's will made manifest. Now we need Reiksfoot.



    But I have to give an honorable mention to Horned Ones, since Lizardmen are my favorite faction and they are one of the best cavalry units in the game right now, even better than Grail units (assuming they aren't in lance formation) and Demigryph Knights (BOTH variants).
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,729Registered Users
    Kranox said:

    Otters007 said:

    Blood Knights for me. Their performance in both anti-large and anti-infantry roles is outstanding, and they look so damn cool, their blood red armour is awesome.

    Oh, and they are vampires riding skeletal steeds. What's not to love?



    I really love the rivalry between Blood Knights and Grail knights, GK generally win in those encounters in the lore, but mainly because they are made to fight undead, they have an aura that weakens undead, wich makes GK have the upper hand. They are really close matched in pure strenght tough. Wich I love.

    For me its the best rivalry in the lore. I love how BK are also kind of honorable in battle.
    That epic moment when BK and Gk go togetehr to fight chaos in their last stand. Most epic moment of End times :) For ze Lady! Freeeedooooom!
Sign In or Register to comment.