Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Coast DLC Crash to desktop issue

1235»

Comments

• bowCrossRepeaterbowCrossRepeater Registered Users Posts: 3
    "Is this fixed? Can I go back to play?? I want to finish my campaign.."

^This !!!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,213

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ffloydffloyd Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    I'm having a problem where the game crashes every time I win a settlement battle and do anything other than sack it. I had played two campaigns with the vampire coast DLC and had no problems with any of them. Then I started A barrow legion campaign and by turn 6 the game crashes whenever I occupy a settlement. Both times I destroyed the factions in question (the orcs and dwarves in barrow legion starting province.) I thought it might be a problem with destroying factions but then I reloaded Blessed dread campaign that previously had no issues and now it crashes whenever I occupy any settlement even if it does not destroy the faction. The game is now completely unplayable. Please help.

Edit The issue has been fixed! it seems that using 12x was causing the problems. switched back to 11x and it works fine. I suggest trying this.
    Post edited by ffloyd on
  • AizuAizu Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited December 2018
    YA LETS START A NEW LEGENDARY SAVE AND **** MY ORIGINAL SAVE!!!! Just BS man. They just fix it for people wanted to start a new save not fix it with people having loads of hours on their save to be crushed cause of this crash. Nice CA nice.
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    looks like they fix it in the "festtag update" its in the patch/fix nots at the top
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,213
    Aizu said:

YA LETS START A NEW LEGENDARY SAVE AND **** MY ORIGINAL SAVE!!!! Just BS man. They just fix it for people wanted to start a new save not fix it with people having loads of hours on their save to be crushed cause of this crash. Nice CA nice.
    It's supposed to work retroactively https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2292516/#Comment_2292516

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

• BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    Aizu said:

Aizu said:

It's supposed to work retroactively https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2292516/#Comment_2292516
    Just tried it out myself - only for the all-deciding battle, though. It worked in my old save. Not sure how well or buggy all the other changes tie into old saves, as I hadn't had the time to play and see, but the crash upon defeating a VC faction with active Pirate Coves is fixed retroactively.
    edited December 2018

Aizu said:

I mean it doesnt work for me. I changed it to coastal beta doesnt work.
    And he said it best to start a new save to make it work so.. rip 233 turns in and i crash cause of the pirates cove but nope it just crashes when I'm loading up the save.
  • RothnicRothnic Registered Users Posts: 3
    So what's the verdict? What do I do to fix the crashing when the last settlement of a VC goes down?
  • BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    Try downloading the Festag Patch Beta (https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-festag-update-beta), or wait for the full Patch to come out (might only be next year, as was stated somewhere). Then try to load up your save-game - if that doesn't crash like it does for Aizu then try fighting the VC faction and killing them. If that doesn't crash (like in my case), keep playing and see how it goes. No idea how stable it'll be considering all the changes the patch brings and the explicit advice to start a new campaign.
    If it does still crash, however, no way around the start of a new campaign. Not much else one can do to rescue an existing save.
    Bahaar said:

Try downloading the Festag Patch Beta (https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-festag-update-beta), or wait for the full Patch to come out (might only be next year, as was stated somewhere). Then try to load up your save-game - if that doesn't crash like it does for Aizu then try fighting the VC faction and killing them. If that doesn't crash (like in my case), keep playing and see how it goes. No idea how stable it'll be considering all the changes the patch brings and the explicit advice to start a new campaign.
    If it does still crash, however, no way around the start of a new campaign. Not much else one can do to rescue an existing save.

It doesn't work with my existing save. Prob need to just wait for the full patch to come out next year which sucks.

And I'm playing as a VC faction so that won't work for me.
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    guys look out if you try the beta festtage update and dont start a new campain. Your chars will only have 15 skillpoints left even if they where lvl 40. If you use the mod to respec they sill only have 15 points.
  • kymulv54kymulv54 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Just noticed today that I still got the achievement for "winning" a campaign as a VC faction even though my last move of eliminating the Vampire Coast crashes the game. So I guess I'm just missing out on a screen play or some splash art?
  • hillibily333hillibily333 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    This bug is preventing me from finishing my Lothern campaign. I have conquered the Elven Isle, Dark Elf tundra, and both Lizardmen tropical locations (all with exception to the final city of Lord Harkon...).

My game crashes after the completion of my turn, if either myself or my Mummified allies end Harkon's final city, which happens at the end of my current turn, the game crashes without fail every time.

An update on the patch for this bug would be much appreciated. It makes conquering the whole map impossible and drastically limits game-play.

CA did release this statement on a holiday bug-fix/update, which I'm sure most of you are aware of.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/594570/announcements/detail/1718584000971002227

This is a fix that they really need to release sooner rather than later though.
  • ThundergitzThundergitz Registered Users Posts: 9
    Soo... just checked my saved games, and still, almost after a month, it crashes...

So when might i try again? early next year? correct?

Nice game, oh wait, here's some DLC, oh and you can't finish any game for 2 months......wut?... oh, just random crashes or something.....****?.....yeah, the problem was clear from the start........y u no fix?..........well, no money in a patch now is there.........
  • ThundergitzThundergitz Registered Users Posts: 9
    Anybody contacted a lawyer yet to gather all money back claims?
  • OptiCellPrimeOptiCellPrime Registered Users Posts: 1
    I've been having a similar issue to where playing as Mazdamundi, I would attack the star tower (the vampire coast's last settlement) and as soon as I chose any of the options for what I wanted to do with the settlement, it would crash. It gave me an error about how it couldn't find a certain file or something.(I'm away from my computer at tue moment) Can anyone give any tips or has this bug not been fixed yet? I could simply not take it but their hero's are wrecking my infrastructure and refuse to die.
  • maniack24maniack24 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi all. I know I'm late to the party but has this issue been resolved? I see CA still has not replied to this post after they "passed these issues over to our QA team for further investigation". If anyone has found a solution, please let me know. I'm having the same issue as I try to take Vampire Coast's last settlement. It keeps crashing once I destroy the faction. And I'm literally on 370 turns by now, this is not a campaign I can just repeat!
    maniack24 said:

Hi all. I know I'm late to the party but has this issue been resolved? I see CA still has not replied to this post after they "passed these issues over to our QA team for further investigation". If anyone has found a solution, please let me know. I'm having the same issue as I try to take Vampire Coast's last settlement. It keeps crashing once I destroy the faction. And I'm literally on 370 turns by now, this is not a campaign I can just repeat!

There is a fix in the Festag beta https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/231575/the-total-war-warhammer-ii-festag-update-beta

• ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 490
    sigh, I wish players would spend more time paying attention to the news and patch notes rather than continuing to make posts on threads that are no longer relevant since the issue is largely fixed in the beta patch.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

• sgtabn173sgtabn173 Registered Users Posts: 1
    December 31st and this just ruined my campaign 247 turns in. Ridiculous.
  • ithilianithilian Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi everyone!

The game crashes when one of the vapire coast factions are destroyed... so this problem iis already happening since the expansion came up.... so how long is taking to fix this? Unbelievable!
  • UltimaKreciaUltimaKrecia Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    Havent tried the beta patch yet but my campaign crashes at the Vampire Coasts turn in turn 233. While iam playing as Tomb Kings. But i dont know if that has something to do with them beeing eliminated cause they have 2 settlements left where one is besieged by tyrion. And the other VC races have plenty of settlements left.

Edit: After downloading the Beta and testing it, it turns out the crash was actually caused by the Vampire Coast that got destroyed. I managed to get to turn 234 lets hope it wont crash again at a certain point.
    Post edited by UltimaKrecia on
  • RothnicRothnic Registered Users Posts: 3
    So I used the coast patch, it works, but now I cant create pirate coves with my agents.... wtf
  • romdawgggromdawggg Registered Users Posts: 1
    Yea sorry to tell you boys, its still not fixed as of 20th January, 258 turn campaign as Alarielle, Lothern kills sartosa and game crashes... The worst thing is... This is my doing, I brought this death upon myself, I took Sartosa (city) from them and they started to die out due to no city, so in a desperate act they hit one of Lotherns cities and died, now im just reliving this endless cycle... Please spare me the pain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file