Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thrones of Britannia Fixes

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 319Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
edited January 14 in General Discussion

We're updating Thrones of Britannia with some fixes - to find out what, check out the latest update at the top of this post: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-steel-statecraft-update-patch-notes

Comments

• mosestonomosestono Posts: 17Registered Users
    please provide dlcs
  • Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Posts: 865Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    mosestono said:

please provide dlcs

We don’t have any additional DLC for Thrones planned right now. We’re just focused on how players are finding the Steel and Statecraft Update for the time being.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,133Registered Users
    edited January 15
    Grace_CA said:

mosestono said:

please provide dlcs

We don’t have any additional DLC for Thrones planned right now. We’re just focused on how players are finding the Steel and Statecraft Update for the time being.
    "right now", so we could still hope for new DLC? I really hope for Norman playable faction. :)

I have to admit Steel and Statecraft is a good patch except Recruitment Revamp. I found a gambling with units spawn is more funny.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

mosestono said:

please provide dlcs

well, a little sorry ... I loved TOB from the first moment, probably at the beginning to go against the avalanche of dislike that the project had taken, then, seriously, for the game itself, the historical period that I didn't know and you allowed me to deepen with the study and how much love I saw from this small part of the CA production team. surely there was more give and take here than in other parts of the forum. so thanks to those who worked there starting from jack lusted up to the guys in the last patch.

I hope to see HUNDREDS of saga titles with the same attention to detail and love.

PS: if you miss a dlc .... I recommend .... William the conqueror!
  • bluflarebluflare Posts: 18Registered Users
    I don't see anything in the notes addressing legitimacy. It's very hard to gain and with a -1 per turn you will eventually go and stay negative, even with the tech gains. I'm not even sure if I will ever gain another 20 legitimacy to confederate any of the remaining gaelic factions
  • ErnakErnak Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks for the patch and the info. Here there are some bugs that I found:

- Buildings miniatures from the new patch: the have a triangle in a corner, their drawing quality is a bit lower and the background different. For example, the butcher miniature from previous patch had better quality than the new one.
    - Playing as Dyflin, the longpport conquest mission is issued twice (in two consequtive turns).
    - Add a high resolution map for diplomacy and governors map. The map is beautiful, but when you make zoom it is not as nice as it should.
    - God's Will event: It gives you the option to Appease the Church, which causes -20% recruitment cost for all units and -20% unit replenishment. I think that it should be +20% recruitment cost for all units and -20% unit replenishment. Making cheaper to recrtuit more units makes no sense. (It is corrected)
    - When attacking a village which contains an army (a minor village), make attackers to appear in the opposite place of the village in battle map. Sometimes they appear in the village side, which reduces the immersion.
    - Units blink when they are forticied and you pass the turn during enemies turns.
    - Sometimes, when you simulate a battle, while commanders fight, you can see one to be double. One copy does not move and it is transparent.
    - In saved campaings window, cloud section, the sort by date button does not work.
    - Roads in the west of Irland: textures around the road do no match the textures of the soorunding land, making roads to look a bit artificial.
    - Playing as Dyflin Céli dé Abbey building is asked to be converted to an abbey for getting the benefits of the building; but effects, description and miniature of both buildings are the same one.
    - When a saved game is loaded, markers on the top of the IU (food, gold, etc.) do not show proper values till you pass the turn.

Some improvements that I suggest:

- In the character inspection window:
    - Governors: add some info like happiness, food and money production and the name of the province they govern.
    - For generals: add some info like army's health, supplies and name of province (the name could appear in green if you own it or in red if it is an enemy territory, yellow for provinces of kingdoms which are not in war with you).
    - Blood pack: it would be nice to add more opions in graphic options section. Like choosing if blood appear or not in battle, in battle simulation fight, in the miniatures of units and in the campaing event miniatures (for example the attrition by snow event).
    - In battle loading screen, it appears the expereicence of the units, but not its armour level (gold, silver or bronze). Same for pop-ups in battles. It would be nice to have also the armour level in both.

Please, take them into account.
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    Thanks for the detailed list, @Ernak :)

We will try to look into these issues.

Thanks again, we appreciate your input :)
    I hope you can enjoy the game even with the flaws it dose have :)
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • FritjofFritjof Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited January 22
    Hey thanks to listen to the cummunity :)

I also have a few suggestions
    namely, after several rounds, I found out that these 2 things can be improven
    to make the game feel better and more interesting :

- more building options and choices
    - possibility to decide between the church or pagan beliefs
    Post edited by Fritjof on
    will you update all the game info pls?
    Grace_CA said:

mosestono said:

please provide dlcs

so at least can you guys please let us use norse and nomaund as playables? because many people want to use these two factions. they have good units and nomadic start, we can settle any where of the map.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    edited January 23

Hi Dionisiev, will there be new feature / content for this game in the near future ? Is it possible to add some sort of manpower that tied to recruitment system ? It will make big kingdom feels big and powerful while small one feels small. The game lose so many micro aspect from previous titles thus making it quite "empty" IMO. It can benefit from additional content or new feature.

War weariness will be great addition, like it will force us to use diplomacy more than to resort anything with war

NB : Please don't be too soon in abandoning this game for another new saga game.
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella

Thanks, all post-release support is very much appreciated :smile:
  • sunshinetroopersunshinetrooper Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited January 25
    bluflare said:

I don't see anything in the notes addressing legitimacy. It's very hard to gain and with a -1 per turn you will eventually go and stay negative, even with the tech gains. I'm not even sure if I will ever gain another 20 legitimacy to confederate any of the remaining gaelic factions

Yeah, I struggle with this too. By the time I can confederate anyone, its mid game and a waste of time, far easier to just take over their one farm province and be done with them. Given CA removed ambushes as they had the statistical information that showed how few people used the mechanic, I'm surprised they aren't seeing something about the legitimacy mechanic. Also, bring back war fervour.
    Fritjof said:

Hey thanks to listen to the cummunity :)

I also have a few suggestions
    namely, after several rounds, I found out that these 2 things can be improven
    to make the game feel better and more interesting :

- more building options and choices
    - possibility to decide between the church or pagan beliefs

There is already a pagan mechanic for Dyflin faction - it doesn't make much sense otherwise as everyone else was mostly christian.

Wait, when do we get the update? Is it live? as I still have the clergy appeased bug.
    Post edited by sunshinetrooper on
    Ernak said:

Thanks for the patch and the info. Here there are some bugs that I found:

- Buildings miniatures from the new patch: the have a triangle in a corner, their drawing quality is a bit lower and the background different. For example, the butcher miniature from previous patch had better quality than the new one.
    - Playing as Dyflin, the longpport conquest mission is issued twice (in two consequtive turns).
    - Add a high resolution map for diplomacy and governors map. The map is beautiful, but when you make zoom it is not as nice as it should.
    - God's Will event: It gives you the option to Appease the Church, which causes -20% recruitment cost for all units and -20% unit replenishment. I think that it should be +20% recruitment cost for all units and -20% unit replenishment. Making cheaper to recrtuit more units makes no sense. (It is corrected)
    - When attacking a village which contains an army (a minor village), make attackers to appear in the opposite place of the village in battle map. Sometimes they appear in the village side, which reduces the immersion.
    - Units blink when they are forticied and you pass the turn during enemies turns.
    - Sometimes, when you simulate a battle, while commanders fight, you can see one to be double. One copy does not move and it is transparent.
    - In saved campaings window, cloud section, the sort by date button does not work.
    - Roads in the west of Irland: textures around the road do no match the textures of the soorunding land, making roads to look a bit artificial.
    - Playing as Dyflin Céli dé Abbey building is asked to be converted to an abbey for getting the benefits of the building; but effects, description and miniature of both buildings are the same one.
    - When a saved game is loaded, markers on the top of the IU (food, gold, etc.) do not show proper values till you pass the turn.

Some improvements that I suggest:

- In the character inspection window:
    - Governors: add some info like happiness, food and money production and the name of the province they govern.
    - For generals: add some info like army's health, supplies and name of province (the name could appear in green if you own it or in red if it is an enemy territory, yellow for provinces of kingdoms which are not in war with you).
    - Blood pack: it would be nice to add more opions in graphic options section. Like choosing if blood appear or not in battle, in battle simulation fight, in the miniatures of units and in the campaing event miniatures (for example the attrition by snow event).
    - In battle loading screen, it appears the expereicence of the units, but not its armour level (gold, silver or bronze). Same for pop-ups in battles. It would be nice to have also the armour level in both.

Please, take them into account.

I have another one for the list:

In the Custom Battle menu, when clicking into units for creating the army, click sound is played twice.
  • FornachiariFornachiari Junior Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    Friends developers, I ask you to consider adding population to the game. And that this population, based on its social class, serves to recruit troops. In this way, territories that have suffered many battles, recruitments or changes of ownership, resent the time of recruitment, being slower or impossible to recruit troops. This would help to give immersion and realism to the mechanics of recruitment.

As a reference I leave you People of Rome 2 (P ++).
  • X7ExecutorX7X7ExecutorX7 Posts: 5Registered Users
    "Unlimited memory" option automatically disables "god rays" and "cloud shadows" options.

Are devs going to respond on that bug???
    I want to suggest some more corrections :p

Campaing:
    In Inertia Creeps event, the description of the effect and the symbol does not match.
    In campaing map, when space bar is pressed, the settlement strenght indicator is always orange.
    In campaing map, when TAB is pressed, the armies health bar is always at max (in land and sea).
    In campaing map, when TAB is pressed, monastery and saint symbols are the same one.
    Abbey bouilding chain: there is one chain line with different symbols for every congregation (Benedictine, Celí Dé, non-congregation), but the other has the same symbol for all of them.
    The campaing map performance drops a lot in long campaings. In the first turn, there is no performance issues, but around turn 200 the camera movement in the map in no longer smooth. I have a GTX 1060

Battles:
    The indicator that appears above each unit card showing if they are winning or not (green/red) most of the times do not match the one that appears with each unit when pressing space bar or the pop-up window's info.
    In Bornais siege map, there is an invisible wall in between two houses, just in front of the central gates.
    In sieges, if the gates are opened there is no way to make your units to use the siege towers for getting into the walls.
    It would be also nice to add an option to make your archers to fire directly to siege equipment (towers+battering rams).
    Burned siege towers have surprisingly low quality textures.
    There is no way to reorganise the position of the units inside a group. And unit cards can only be dragged one by one for reorganising them.
    For archers: both normal shots and flaming shots have a bonus of 'base reload time:30'. It appears in the description pop-up window that is shown when you choose the shot type.
    In naval foggy naval battles, it rains but archers can use faming shots.
    In coastal battle the price of some units change regarding if you choose them to use a ship or not.
    The description of the units contains their tiers. For some of them this label do not reflect neither their price nor their stats.

Plase, take them into account! :)
  • Pall45Pall45 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Ernak said:

The campaing map performance drops a lot in long campaings. In the first turn, there is no performance issues, but around turn 200 the camera movement in the map in no longer smooth.

The same here but wanna add. Don't have to go deep in game. I've conquered all the map and got the same. I was curious so I used cheats (but who cares?) and made it through 20-30 turns. And then you get it. Impossible to do things on global map and not getting annoyed, constant freezes when trying to move map, like every second. And while the turn duration is almost instant and nothing happens on the map so fps should be even higher than it was in the beginning of the game, you see the complete opposite. I have good graphic card, I play at max settings always but in that situation changing settings to the very low doesn't change a thing. So I guess it's some problem in game algorithms, maybe timeouts to calculate smth, don't know.

What I suggest must be fixed too - bonuses for shields and bows your general gets from buildings. The shield effectiveness bonuses don't work at all. They change nothing. And bows accuracy bonus change there damage value instead, not precision. I really hope to play the game with them fixed one day :smile: