Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos campaign awoken morons

Lupus_VindiceLupus_Vindice Posts: 5Registered Users
edited January 20 in Feedback & Suggestions
Seriously CA when are you going to get a grip of the chaos campaign ???
I get Baersonling awoken then go trash the Dwarfs meanwhile Baer just sit there like plebs doing sod all.
Now Ostermark and Kislev have already started colonising the settlements i have razed and by the time i can get back to deal with them they are fully healed full stacks again.
Why the hell do the awoken tribes not go and colonise these settlements ???
Just makes the game plain annoying and frustrating.

IMO giving the player a little more control over the awoken tribes could solve this.
I just want to give them basic commands like go colonise this settlement, Stay put build forces, Go raid etc etc.
if they were at least attempting to be useful i could live with the rest.

Edit. Forgot to add I don't expect the awoken tribes to be good all i really want from them is to colonise settlements behind me otherwise I am essentially just helping AI factions like Kislev get stronger without having to fight anything.

Comments

• Lupus_VindiceLupus_Vindice Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited January 20
    Now can't even pin the Ostermark army down as it can run further than i can move Kholeks force despite already having his campaign movement buff maxed.
    And just look at all the full stacks wandering around up here already colonising everything I have destroyed.

It's laughable at best.
    Do you still have to fight against the chaos invasion stacks too when they arrive or have they at least changed that ?
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 378Registered Users
    Same here. Tried it many times in Warhammer 1. They either just sit there eating durt, or they just bullrush into Kislev with 3 units of Marauder Horsemen and 1 hero... Never had any form of help from these guys.
    kevManiac said:

Same here. Tried it many times in Warhammer 1. They either just sit there eating durt, or they just bullrush into Kislev with 3 units of Marauder Horsemen and 1 hero... Never had any form of help from these guys.

It baffles the hell out of me that they have done sod all about it since game 1 came out.
    Only thing that makes chaos enjoyable to play are mods.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,831Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I'm guessing this is supposed to be feedback and not just a Rant. It certainly does not belong in General Discussion.

Moved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,287Registered Users
    Chaos proprally get there stuff together with game 3, as it should (if game 3 will be chaos based mostly that is) because then you can get the best out of it.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 378Registered Users

kevManiac said:

It baffles the hell out of me that they have done sod all about it since game 1 came out.
    Only thing that makes chaos enjoyable to play are mods.
    Yeah I don't know why they haven't fix this. Maybe it is incorporated in the AI in general? I see many posts where people say that allies are worthless. Haven't made a lot of allies in any other playthrough (for having a military alliance is more problematic in terms of getting dragged into wars), so I don't know whether that is true.
  • sCorsCor Posts: 128Registered Users
    Norsca can only colonize port settlements.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Posts: 563Registered Users
    Awoken tribes were more useful before Norsca was added. Now they can't settle everything and so they're really just in the way. But you need to awaken five tribes to unlock Siggy, so my recommendation is to use him as your starting lord and just forget about awakening.

That said, resettlement is nice. Early on, you are going to be hard strapped for growth and new settlements are a great source of growth. Having many armies in your face is annoying but if you sell the marauder building and instead go directly for chaos warriors then you're very likely to win those battles, particularly if you team up with a second lord.
    edited January 20
    dge1 said:

I'm guessing this is supposed to be feedback and not just a Rant. It certainly does not belong in General Discussion.

Moved.

Yes it is a bit of a rant but what do you expect when chaos has been in this same position since game 1.
    I paid the pre order price to get chaos as i thought they would be a fun faction to play oh how wrong can i be.

Easier to ally with Skaven than the Norscan tribes that worship the chaos gods yeah makes perfect sense to me lol.
    Awoken tribes already have poor armies that are easily beaten and on top of that the AI is useless with them.
    They suicide rush into Kislev or just sit there doing nothing when they could easily be colonising the settlements in my wake. Meanwhile multiple full stacks from multiple factions run around doing the colonising your tribes should have already done.
    Enemy armies that are impossible to catch despite ranking up your campaign movement skills asap.

Ok so more than a bit of a rant but you guys at creative should have sorted this already IMHO there are plenty of people that have talked about this so you guys have the feedback you just need to action it.
    We should not have to wait til game 3 for a faction from game 1 to be sorted out sorry but that's just fact.

Edit.
    Just wanted you to also know this is not some hate filled rant at CA just pretty frustrated.
    I have been playing total war since the first shogun game and love the work you guys do.
    This is just something that is past the point of should have been fixed.
    Post edited by Lupus_Vindice on
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 335Registered Users
    edited January 20

Seriously CA when are you going to get a grip of the chaos campaign ???
    I get Baersonling awoken then go trash the Dwarfs meanwhile Baer just sit there like plebs doing sod all.
    Now Ostermark and Kislev have already started colonising the settlements i have razed and by the time i can get back to deal with them they are fully healed full stacks again.
    Why the hell do the awoken tribes not go and colonise these settlements ???
    Just makes the game plain annoying and frustrating.

IMO giving the player a little more control over the awoken tribes could solve this.
    I just want to give them basic commands like go colonise this settlement, Stay put build forces, Go raid etc etc.
    if they were at least attempting to be useful i could live with the rest.

Edit. Forgot to add I don't expect the awoken tribes to be good all i really want from them is to colonise settlements behind me otherwise I am essentially just helping AI factions like Kislev get stronger without having to fight anything.

If u want to be taken seriously u don't start with '' morons '' anyway the awoken tribes should be pretty weak and defensive. the three main, that used to be Skaeling, Varg and Bjorning are the only good Factions of Norsca tribes, now u have Norsca and Wintertooth are top. don't know about the old top, I know Bjorning is part of the chaos invasion now.

When I played as chaos in the campaign i looked for alliances with beastman, vampires, Skaven etc. all the bad guys really and maby neutral tomb kings and ofc rogue army's. when u have one good stack in any campaign as every race, diplomacy becomes very important. scouting all the possible allies with a hero or lord asap. If u struggle with this, try to give them a gift and then negotiate or just a small gift that improves relations for multiple turns and then try again later. or join way against there enemies.
    There are plenty of fun ways to play the chaos campaign even letting allies do the work for u and u pick up the pieces.
    Since TWW3 is going to be very Chaos-based I am sure they will improve where they can in the future.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 335Registered Users
    edited January 20
    Just try to leave things like ' morons '' out the next time it does not help.

Anyway, if u play the Chaos campaign u can make an alliance with every bad guys like beastman, skaven, vampires, rogue army's ect. and i think even tombkings. so if u have a good stack u should scout all the possible allies asap with a lord or hero.

If u struggle with an alliance join war against the same enemies as them and ask for relations or send them some gold to and ask for improvement in relations, if that does not work do it anyway for multiple turns increased relations and check again later. u should also give them orders when u have vessels or a defensive or military alliance or ask them to join war.
    if they allready are defensive or military allies u can also just declare war and they will join automaticly.
    edited January 20
    Marker said:

Just try to leave things like ' morons '' out the next time it does not help.

Anyway, if u play the Chaos campaign u can make an alliance with every bad guys like beastman, skaven, vampires, rogue army's ect. and i think even tombkings. so if u have a good stack u should scout all the possible allies asap with a lord or hero.

If u struggle with an alliance join war against the same enemies as them and ask for relations or send them some gold to and ask for improvement in relations, if that does not work do it anyway for multiple turns increased relations and check again later. u should also give them orders when u have vessels or a defensive or military alliance or ask them to join war.
    if they allready are defensive or military allies u can also just declare war and they will join automaticly.

The moron thing is just a descriptive for how they behave which is pretty accurate as far as i am concerned.
    As i said i don't expect them to be powerful but as it stands they are not even remotely useful.
    Where alliances are concerned it should be easier to ally with Norscan tribes than factions like the Skaven as i stated above somewhere.
    Chaos campaign has needed some work since game 1 and that is what winds me up the most 2bh as i have already said should not have to wait for game 3 for a game 1 faction to be addressed.
    And if there is something vital coming in game 3 that makes them work so much better why bring chaos out so early they could have released a diff faction with the pre order instead.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,846Registered Users
    sCor said:

Norsca can only colonize port settlements.

Yes unfortunately, even though a much more sea based Vampire Coast can colonize everywhere.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file