Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Best Total War titles for beginners?

ficobaficoba Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi,

I would like to embark on the adventure of a Total War game, but currently, I have never played any of the following.
With one exception near a Napoleon Total War demo. But it's been a few years now.

Sometimes I play to Civilization IV/V & Beyond Earth. Certainly, this style of play is different from what we find in the Total War saga :)

I saw a video on Youtube and the Youtuber recommanded:
1/ Warhammer
2/ Shogun 2
3/ Rome 2

What do you think of this preferred ranking?
Are there any Total War titles not recommended for a great noob like me?
Which ones could make me love and progress in the Total War universe?

I have seen Total War Warhammer 2 is it right for me?

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,130Registered Users, Moderators
    Personally, I'd say that Warhammer is pretty good. Generally the campaign mechanics are less complicated or more specific to various factions. Battles are decent but there are a lot of different things to consider.

Shogun 2 probably has the least complicated battles because every faction has pretty much the same units.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ficobaficoba Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi Canuovea,

Thank you very much for your answer.
    I will try Warhammer 2 in this case :)!
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 161Registered Users
    Better start with Rome I and Medieval II. Later games are much more boring and unstable.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • ficobaficoba Posts: 3Registered Users
    Ok thank for this information.
    Yesterday, I purchased Warhammer 2 and the little I played, I became a fan :D!

I started a campaign to gradually understand the mechanics of this game. I took Tyrion a High Elf.

I find a few aspects of Heroes of Might and Magic and Cossacks of course this game is different, but it is quite fun!

I think in a few months I will take a new TW: Rome 1 or 2 ; Shotgun 2 or Napoleon. I do not know for the moment, but I want to discover some previous TW.