Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Adorable units in the Warhammer world: Snotling Pump Wagon

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,448

"If I find out 'oo ate me favourite snottie then there is gonna be sum trouble. I wuz savin him, I wuz. Ded clever lil' feller - he could fetchit right quick. Cource it wuz never wot I asked fer, but yer could see he wuz eager. Poor lil' feller."

—Orc Warlord Grizgutz Badax

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    I really wish we had snotlings...

I miss having hordes of puppy like greenskins to keep my foes busy while the boyz smash and maul everything.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    Skinks. End of discussion.

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,615
    My favourite unit in TT. Heck, they were everyone's favourite. My opponents were sometimes reluctant to target them because they too wanted to see what hilarious consequences might ensue if it reached the front line.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,349
    edited January 2019
    Honestly, with some of the cool greenskins units I've seen floating around that aren't in the game (there was this giant stone statue possessed by Gork or Mork, forget the name of it) they could make a new greenskins race or campaign pack representing greenskins native to the new world and lustria.

I'd think it would be cool anyways.

Edit because autocorrect can be a pain.
    Post edited by Rikis on
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,201
    Rikis said:

Honestly, with some of the cool greenskins units I've seen floating around that aren't in the game (there was this giant stone statue possessed by Work or More, forget the name of it) they could make a new greenskins race or campaign pack representing greenskins native to the new world and lustria.

I'd think it would be cool anyways.

it was literally called Stone Idol of Gork (or Mork).
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 843
    I have a friend of mine that thinks squigs are the most adorable thing in WH. Followed closely by Snotlings and Goblins.

I remember when she made a 2500 point Skarsnik army. It had 40 squigs (+10 handlers) in a massive block. It also had 6 units of night goblins with 3 fanatics each (total of 18) Skarsnik and a night goblin shaman. She also had 2 mangler squigs.

I thought it was gonna go poorly for her... boy was I wrong. There was so much pandemonium with the fanatics and mangler squigs that her opponent didn't know what to do (he was Skaven). They got decimated. By about turn 3 it was clear they had lost.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,312

My favourite unit in TT. Heck, they were everyone's favourite. My opponents were sometimes reluctant to target them because they too wanted to see what hilarious consequences might ensue if it reached the front line.

Dude, this unit was ridiculous in the TT. On par with Doomfire Warlocks with my most hated units to fight against!

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,503
    Is this a kamikaze wagon?
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,114
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Ramshakle Greenskin Doomwheel.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,480
    edited January 2019
    Wyvax said:

_Mad_D0c_ said:

So basically, yes, it is a kamikaze weapon?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Enforest said:

Dude, this unit was ridiculous in the TT. On par with Doomfire Warlocks with my most hated units to fight against!
    Yeah if it actually made it to combat it could deal some serious hurt. Of course, it also had a tendency to trundle along at a snails pace. I'm a master at rolling 'snake-eyes'.

The randomness of Orc and Goblin armies were a serious draw for me. Fanatics, squig hoppers, squig herds, doom-divers, pump-wagons... and then there was animosity where your units would stop to pull faces or even attack an ally... So much fun! If that stuff actually frustrated anybody, then they should have collected elves.

Greenskins are missing that magic in this game at the moment. Maybe a snottie pump wagon would actually go a long way to bringing back the green "charm".
    Canuovea said:

Wyvax said:

_Mad_D0c_ said:

Snotlings were unbreakable in TT because they were too stupid to understand danger.

Kamikaze? No. They don't seek death, they just don't understand the risk. They are like children playing with firearms.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,114
    You know for Swarm units that are basically a bunch of small animals, (bats, snakes, scarabs, rats) I get how those couldn't be implemented. But Snotlings and Nurglings are basically tiny humanoids, maybe a third the size of a standard gobbo. Just make them function like infantry but with smaller models and very high numbers like 200+ on ultra. Make them a new size category on their card and stats that reflect their swarm nature.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    gholin said:

I really wish we had snotlings...

I miss having hordes of puppy like greenskins to keep my foes busy while the boyz smash and maul everything.

With... "exploding spores"... "S2" yes but have enough of them and considering said "Spores" ignore armour...

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,865

I have a friend of mine that thinks squigs are the most adorable thing in WH. Followed closely by Snotlings and Goblins.

I remember when she made a 2500 point Skarsnik army. It had 40 squigs (+10 handlers) in a massive block. It also had 6 units of night goblins with 3 fanatics each (total of 18) Skarsnik and a night goblin shaman. She also had 2 mangler squigs.

I thought it was gonna go poorly for her... boy was I wrong. There was so much pandemonium with the fanatics and mangler squigs that her opponent didn't know what to do (he was Skaven). They got decimated. By about turn 3 it was clear they had lost.

Mangler squigs were the best/worst thing ever! (depending on which side they were on compared to me).

I remeber the awesome moment in one of the battles I played where a mangler squig rampaged sideways along the entire battleline, hitting both sides in several combats, and even killing the orc warboss from the top of his wyvern(while leaving the wyvern itself unharmed, but confused). Ahh, good times!
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,076
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,656
    Akinks are the most adorable intelligent beings ever, like there is no competition

Look at that FACE !

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,724
    Canuovea said:

Wyvax said:

_Mad_D0c_ said:

Yep, I hid the stats and the Pt. Cost but these are its rules.

Notice the Unbreakable/Unstable rules, those are effectively what make the undead not retreat and instead crumble. Also it had really low leadership, so they crumbled as soon as their charge was over.

I honestly want it to come in a flying variant called a Snotling Flappa Bird. Taking inspiration from the Flappa upgrade and the Giant Sploden Spores I wanted it to be explicitly kamikaze weapon. Kinda like an aerial squadron of Goblin Doom Divers.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,575
    aaa the little rascals deserve a spot in the game.

I am quite shocked by the quote from the Orc Warboss, that truly means they have to be adorable.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • tanspan88tanspan88 Registered Users Posts: 201

I remember these dwarf drunks. They used to have their own rules and everything!
    I miss the humour of warhammer. Shame everything went so grim dark.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,912
    tanspan88 said:

I remember these dwarf drunks. They used to have their own rules and everything!
    I miss the humour of warhammer. Shame everything went so grim dark.

Bugman needs to happen with drunk rangers