Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help experinced players

OTO1012OTO1012 Posts: 1Registered Users
Whats the best total for for naval battles (top 3)

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,881Registered Users
    OTO1012 said:

Empire/Napoleon
    Shogun 2
    RomeII/Attila
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,463Registered Users
    edited January 26
    It sort of depends on what you're looking for and what you enjoy.

If you're looking for naval battles set in melee-focused eras, where the primary tactics are boarding actions and ramming, then I would say:
    1: Rome 2
    2: Shogun 2 (base game)
    3: Attila

If you're looking for naval battles where gunpowder is the main weapon and firepower, positioning, and maneuvering are key, then:
    1: Napoleon
    2: Empire
    3: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai

Overall, I would say the best/funnest naval battles can be found in:
    1: Empire & Napoleon (they're essentially the same game, but Napoleon is far less buggy)
    2: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai
    2: Rome 2

Those are just my opinions, others may say differently. Also, I never played Attila, but ToB's naval battles were so lacklustre, I'm willing to bet that Attila's were better simply by virtue of being the only other option.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,101Registered Users
    Shogun 2 FotS
    Shogun 2
    meh..
  • OTO1012OTO1012 Posts: 1Registered Users

OTO1012 said:

Empire/Napoleon
    Shogun 2
    RomeII/Attila
    Thankyou so so much
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,127Registered Users, Moderators
    Moving to General Total War Chat.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour