Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A wish for a Total War Saga game: The Fall of Constantinople, 1453

FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,225Registered Users
So I've been thinking on what the next Saga game could be, which interesting period has not be covered yet, with lots of factions and where history could have gone in a complete different direction.

The Fall of Constantinople, AKA the fall of the last remnants of the Byzantine/Roman Empire has never been covered in a Total War game, as far as I know. It was a period of total war (title drop!) between the Ottoman Empire and the Christian Kingdoms of south east Europe.

Possible factions:
- Byzantine Empire
- Ottoman Empire
- Hungary
- Albania
- Venice
- Kingdom of Cyprus
- Bosnia
- Serbia
- Wallachia
- Knights of St John (Rhodes)

The map would include the Greek peninsula and modern Turkey, and feature famous commanders such and Skanderbeg of Albania, Sultan Mehmed II of the Ottoman Empire, and Constantine XI Palaiologos, the last Roman Emperor.

Here is a video by Kings and Generals that covers the time period:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8W0OTGQEY8E

What do you guys think? Does that fit the conditions for a Saga game?

Comments

• MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior Member Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
    It will be wonderful. B)
    “Victory is for those who can say "Victory is mine". Success is for those who can begin saying "I will succeed" and say "I have succeeded" in the end.”
    ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,139Registered Users
    - Knights of St John (Rhodes)

The siege of Rhodes is like a mini siege of Vienna, a brave defence against insane odds.
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    Would be awesome but would prefer it to span the whole map, so you can bring the Roman empire back to it's former glory!
  • MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior Member Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
    edited January 25
    TW Saga Costantinapole 1453 can be good but if they will make TW Medieval III, they will make 453 - 1492. So it will contain 1453 and this wars. I dont know will TW Medieval III possible. Lots of people want to TW Medieval III but I dont want it. Beause we see lots of medieval pc gamse. and already we have Medieval II. I think they will make TW Saga 100 years wars or TW Saga 30 years wars.
    They are my opinion. (Sorry my English is not very good.)
    “Victory is for those who can say "Victory is mine". Success is for those who can begin saying "I will succeed" and say "I have succeeded" in the end.”
    ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,225Registered Users

Would be awesome but would prefer it to span the whole map, so you can bring the Roman empire back to it's former glory!

Then is wouldn't be a Saga game anymore :blush:
    MuhsinTpd said:

TW Saga Costantinapole 1453 can be good but if they will make TW Medieval III, they will make 453 - 1492. So it will contain 1453 and this wars. I dont know will TW Medieval III possible. Lots of people want to TW Medieval III but I dont want it. Beause we see lots of medieval pc gamse. and already we have Medieval II. I think they will make TW Saga 100 years wars or TW Saga 30 years wars.
    They are my opinion. (Sorry my English is not very good.)

But it would be too vague and not concentrate on this specific conflict. The purpose of a Saga game is for a zoomed in conflict, that's why the Fall of Constantinople is a valid scenario. And I'd rather they moved away from Western Europe, we've seen a lot of it in the past games.

BTW, I've just noticed this, but the ruler of Wallachia during this time is Vlad III the Impaler, AKA the guy who inspired Dracula. Would be a nice touch to include him in a Total War Game.
  • ikkiikki Junior Member Posts: 120Registered Users
    or if someone wants to go really whacky... a russian conquest of siberia by your own Stroganovs or other noble with cossacks -game could be fun.
    Both with holy hermits that travel far away from the bustle. Send a colonist to where they are as the hermit increases population, trade etc and once the place is much more developed and populated the hermits move again to somewhere deserted where thy can be left in peace. People sought blessings from being near those that didnt want any company. Poor hermits.

And by befriending a multitude of tribes or fighting them. All the time looking for trade to keep the city and road building going to keep the business in business.
    Northern colonization is safer but in the south closer to the border of mongols & manchus etc.. the land is more bountiful. Take your pick. Ad when you reach the coast and maybe even go south along the usuri problems pop up. You may be offered a deal to give up land, kowtow, but trade.
    Or fight.

Now if you did befriend the mongols, you should have the forces to deal with the manchus. If you did get the mongols favor the manchus may be still embroidled in trying to take over the mings. And not be very strong. Perhaps een get ming assistance as ypu have a mutual enemy? Ofcourse what happens then is anyones guess...

Hell.. why not go into america while at it?