Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vlad von Carstein Campaign - Legendary

LuciferLucifer MemberEngland U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Playing as Vlad von Carstein. I aim to unite Sylvania under my banner, and then lay waste to the empire and beyond! To start with, I recruit Isabella, a must have! With Isabella at my side and two of her vampiress sisters, what could go wrong?

My opening moves are to construct better defences and ways to improve dark magic. I go on the offensive straight away. I go right for Castle Drakenhof. In a costly victory, I wipe-out the Vampire Counts, and of course sit on my throne.

Now it is time to take all of Sylvania, and rebuild it to my will, and to replenish my forces before making a move on the Templehof brood.

I start research in to the Book of Arkhan and from there all the way to Dread Animator.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.

Comments

• LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    Log 3-6.

After beginning construction of the gold shaft in Castle Drakenhof. Isabella and I, cross the border into Eschen, and begin raiding, The Templehof brood are still as yet, unaware of my intentions and assume good will between vampires and necromancers. They can think that, for now.

Raising the dead as we march north, our first legion begins to grow.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

edited January 2019
    Log 7.

The Templehof brood have made a critical error, and left Templehof unguarded. moving both of their legions into eastern Sylvania. I now see the opening I was looking for, I now see the beginning of their demise.

I shall assault Templehof without even waiting for siege equipment. They will not be expecting that.

Templehof, falls quickly to my advancing legions, and I quickly begin construction within the city. Now, the Templehof brood will likely counter attack, now that they have seen my plan and scheme unfolding.

edited January 2019
    Log 8.

The Templehof brood fail to react to my attack upon Templehof city. Perhaps, news is slow to reach them. I will not wait around to find out, and immediately attack Fort Oberstyre along with Isabella and her legion of bats and Vargheists.

The small town quickly falls to our assault, and is added to my growing empire and unification of Sylvania.

Log 9.

With western Sylvania unified under my will. I use the Evocation of Nagash to recruit better trained units to my legions, and it will also increase the amount I can recruit. There is little the Templehof brood can do now, having lost their capital and fort in western Sylvania. It is but a matter of time now, before I retake the rest of eastern Sylvania.

Isabella, at present, will oversee Fort Oberstyre and the construction and expansion of military buildings and defences there.

Log 10.

In a futile attempt at hitting back at my plan. Van Kruger, that imbecile, sends a small force to raid the Drakenhof lands. I now make my move, and will destroy his entire legion at, Eschen.

Log 11.

Eschen falls to my assault and Van Kruger, is wounded.

An emissary from the Templehof brood comes to the Blood Court and offers peace and dark magic. I know it is all over for them, so for now, I accept. The dark magic will help me rapidly expand Sylvania's construction.

Naturally, being as forgiving as I am, myself and Isabella cross the border into Waldenhof, and begin raiding the lands.

edited January 2019
    Log 12.

As raiding continued in the lands of Waldenhof. My plans of rapid construction are moving along nicely, and it is time to finish off Van Kruger and the Templehof brood. Sylvania, is almost united as one.

Dwarfs cross the border into Sylvania. It would seem that Zhufbar has been confederated with that stubborn meatbag, Thorgrim Grudgebearer. I smile as I know the taint of undeath will already be claiming its first victims, and look forward to putting these Dwarfs to the sword.

Log 13.

Waldenhaf, is mine, and Sylvania is once again whole. It is time to begin spreading the taint of undeath. I also begin to use my influence in the Blood Court and sour relations between the Dwarfs and the Empire.

Now that eastern Sylvania is united. I begin the commandment for better trained units that will form the backbone of my legions. I will now look at claiming Empire lands for my empire, and further souring their relations as I plot and scheme their downfall.

edited January 2019
    Log 14.

As the building of various military and civic buildings continues. Dwarfs! Now two armies march and then camp in Sylvania. While they have not declared war upon me, yet. I think it is time to show them who is in charge here. I give orders to begin raiding their lands, and sacking their towns and cities.

Log 15-17.

One of the Dwarf armies moves back to Zhufbar, but one continues to stay, is if taunting me. I will continue to raid their lands and now Isabella is en-route to raid Karag Dromar.

I make a note to pillage the two mass graves that are now part of the Sylvanian landscape.

Log 18-19.

As Isabella nears Karag Dromar, an Orc force from the Bloody Spearz clan, led by Gnashrak, takes Karak Dromar. They then proceed to raid western Sylvania! I move my legion to attack. I am soon joined by Isabella's legion and we both attack. Its a bloodbath and none of the Orcs make it out of the woods alive, the Sylvanian mist soon covers the mass grave.

edited January 2019
    Log 20.

As I move to Schwartzhafen to oversee the construction of the town walls. A Dwarf army heads towards Karag Dromar. I won't intervene in this just yet, but I will continue to raid the lands of Zhufbar. When the construction of the defences of Sylvania is complete, then, the war can begin, but for now, my vampiress's are spreading the taint of undeath to the Empire, and Dwarfs.

I continue to use my influence to sour relations between the Dwarfs and eachother, and the the Empire.

edited January 2019
    Log 21-22.

The taint of undeath is spreading and Karak Hirn has declared war upon me. These Dwarfs are becoming troublesome, and I may deal with them first. I shall begin plans to secure the entire mountainous regions surrounding Sylvania.

An agent from Stirland has attempted to assassinate one of my vampiress's who is spreading the vampiric taint of undeath. I will need banshee spies and wight kings, very soon.

edited January 2019
    Log 23-24

My vampiress wounds the Stirland agent, but the spread of the taint of undeath is slowing. I think Stirland is now taking steps to slowing if not removing it altogether. I may reinforce my efforts there with another vampire.

I look to making it a mission, to go to and take Bechafen. It will enforce my long term plans of expansion should this city fall into my grasp. I begin plans to move out north of Sylvania, and I notice Talabecland has taken, Essen. Essen, would be valuable to me also. I may bypass Essen for now and focus on my mission, as the defences of Sylvania are still far from complete. I will ponder that option to take it or bypass it.

edited January 2019
    Log 25-28.

War has broken out between Stirland and Averland. I will watch this turn of events with interest. My two vampiress agents continue to spread the taint of undeath to the Moot. The upgrading of the buildings and their expansion proceeding quicker then expected. Isabella, does have a way with this far exceeding that of many. Very soon, I will be able to upgrade my legions with graveguard soldiers who're far better armed and armoured.

My plan to expand north will begin soon, and Essen, will be taken from the grip of the Empire.

edited January 2019
    Log 29-30.

An attack by Averland armies on the Moot, has failed, according to my agents.

The taint of undeath is spreading and gathering pace. The combined efforts of my vampiress's is working. They have also reported wounding another agent of Stirland. I have recruited a necromancer and a wight king to join me in my expedition north of Sylvania. As soon as they arrive, I can move out.

edited January 2019
    Log 31-34.

Much construction around Sylvania has been completed. Now two units of experienced graveguard accompany my legion. As I cross the border into the region of Essen and begin raiding. Ostermark forces retake the town. They, will soon know my presence, and my wrath.

Isabella's legion will soon be near mine, and her vargheists will prove devastating to the Empires ranged units.

Log 35.

I recruit a new general to lead a legion and oversee the construction and defence of Sylvania. Ernst von Schwartzhafen, of my von Carstein bloodline, will also oversee the Blood Court, and we will benefit from his added influence and relations.

The Dwarfs have yet again crossed over into western Sylvania. Although the taint of undeath is claiming is victims, I make a note to increase its effects with the Awakened Battlefield. An army from Talabecland has also been spotted near Essen. This, could get interesting as Isabella's legion, is also very near.

Log 36.
    The Battle of Essen.

As mine and Isabella's legions converge on Essen. The Ostermark defenders were a bit more than we thought. They had good ranged units in their army and a mortar. As the battle began, I ordered my heavy cavalry of blood knights to charge those ranged units and keep them off balance. Isabella's vargheists and bats also kept them fighting for their lives.

The Ostermark army and garrison, some two thousand eight hundred men, perished in the onslaught. The mass grave will serve me well, and Essen is in my grip.

Log 37-38.

After securing Essen, I push north over the border into Bechafen. I see from a distance that the city is already under siege by Talabecland forces. This, will make it easier for me, as I will destroy both armies.

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    edited January 2019
    I'm not a fan of pretty much anything vampire or zombie, I usually hope they get wiped out early game or do the deed myself, but I'm actually rooting for you on this one. After seeing your Bretonnian campaign, I'm seeing this as some good entertainment to follow.

Good luck! Keep it up!
    edited January 2019
    Log 38-40.
    The fall of Bechafen.

As my legion storms the city walls. The defenders put up a furious defence, but it was not in their favor. The entire army and garrison was wiped out. My legion, will soon be reinforced with more graveguard soldiers, and my mission here at Bechafen, complete. Though, I still need to fight more Empire troops.

This part of my plan complete. I will heavily fortify Bechafen and use it as a bastion for further incursions north, and to stop any incursions south into Sylvania.

edited January 2019

I'm not a fan of pretty much anything vampire or zombie, I usually hope they get wiped out early game or do the deed myself, but I'm actually rooting for you on this one. After seeing your Bretonnian campaign, I'm seeing this as some good entertainment to follow.

Good luck! Keep it up!

Thanks, for a long time I never really played the other factions or races, as I just enjoyed playing the vampires. I do aim to play all before game three comes. Bretonnia is a lot of fun, and intense. I think next time, I can probably beat it, now I have a bit more knowledge on what to expect. >:)

edited January 2019
    Log 41-47.
    Loss of Bechafen.

After taking the city. I came under heavy attack by Ostland. Two very experienced veteran armies sieged the city and attacked. Although they had heavy losses. Vlad, was wounded after putting up a good defence of the city. Isabella's legion now far more upgraded with many graveguard units has moved to Eseen, and is poised to counter attack, as soon as her vampiress sisters arrive.

The Empire has confederated Stirland, and are stepping up attacks via their agents.
    Post edited by Lucifer on

Log 48-60.

The war continues to rage on. Lots of small battles with Ostland, and the re-taking of Bechafen, only to lose it again a few turns later in a coordinated counter attack which wounded both Isabella, and Vlad.

With advances in technology and in upgrades to the soldiers, the legions are a force to be reckoned with, and I think the new legions that come from these upgrades will prove decisive.

Log 60-67.

After re-capturing Bechafenl, and wounding both generals of Ostland. I will immediately go on the offensive and attack Castle von Rauken.

Although I was victorious at Bechafen. It has cost me dearly, and it will take a short time to replenish my legions.

edited January 2019
    Log 68.

After sacking Castle von Rauken, my legions marched back towards Bechafen, Where they'll refit for the coming offensive that will see Ostland wiped out.

I have also ordered the construction of heavier fort defences for Bechafen. Constuction is progressing well at Sylvania, and there's not much more left to do, overall.

edited January 2019
    Log 68-71.

After receiving intel on the Carstein ring that will secure my hold on Sylvania, and send a bold and clear message to all who would oppose me. I decide to make a strategic decision and change my tactics with Ostland. I accept their peace proposal, and in turn will meddle in their affairs and attempt to create war between them and the Empire, through the Blood Court. This will allow me to pursue other goals for now as Isabella has some pressing goals also, and it will give me time to complete the defences and fortification of Bechafen.

I leave Count Ernt von Schwartzenhafen in command of Bechafen, and he will oversee the final construction of the forts and defences of the area. I am pleased with this decision. Everything is going according to plan, and myself and Isabella set out to once again raid Empire lands, we have a blood thirst to quench, after-all.

Log 72.

Dwarfs! Have declared war upon me and have damaged the walls at Eschen. They will pay dearly for this! They have meddled in my affairs for the last time. Countess Leichberg, who I left in charge of Sylvania, will begin assebling her legion and start putting the Dwarf holds to the torch.

It is time to secure the mountainous region around Sylvania.

edited January 2019
    Log 73.

My influence and meddling in the affairs of the Empire and Dwarfs are paying off. War! Has broken out between the Dwarfs and Talabecland. My laughing echoes deep into the night. As I write this log, two small Talabecland armies cross into Sylvania and head towards the Dwarfs lands. I will watch this progress with interest, as the taint of undeath is particularly strong here, and already the armies are being sapped and decimated. My construction of the Balefire Hearth has ensured a deeper spread of the taint of undeath.

Myself and Isabella, continue to raid the Empires lands towards the destination of Kemperbad.