Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Just a little reminder ~~~~~~~~~~~

2»

Comments

• Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,592Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

I don't know of any warhammer game that has ever had absolutely everything.

Goodness knows that even DoW didn't have Striking Scorpions.

Point is, some things are going to be left out.

Actually.....

It took 52 million games and expansions, but Dawn of War 3 did have striking scorpions. And they were a son of a bitch.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,436Registered Users, Moderators
    I haven't played DoW 3, I meant the rest of them.

And apparently everyone hated DoW 3 so eh?

I mean, does it actually have all the units?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 906Registered Users

Canuovea said:

Actually.....

It took 52 million games and expansions, but Dawn of War 3 did have striking scorpions. And they were a son of a bitch.
    Even a blind Knarlok can hit a good unit once in a while. I don't understand how a company can make a great game like DoW and then have no idea what made it great in the first place...

Anyway... *rabble rabble* Got an update. Still wasn't a ghorgon. :(
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,413Registered Users
    edited January 28
    And lets be honest here while BM absolutely should get an update game 3's the best time for it. It's more important the cores are updated now.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,414Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Battlefleet Gothic Armada II has all the ships for all the races in the TT. They released it just a couple of days ago.
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Battlefleet Gothic Armada II has all the ships for all the races in the TT. They released it just a couple of days ago.
    Ah good. The problem is that ships are ships. A very different prospect from a full on army book.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Ah good. The problem is that ships are ships. A very different prospect from a full on army book.
    But I also don't remember other Warhammer games being divided into three parts and sold for 300+$ with all DLC, so your point is kinda moot.
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

But I also don't remember other Warhammer games being divided into three parts and sold for 300+$ with all DLC, so your point is kinda moot.
    I'm fairly sure that Dawn of War 1 was a full priced game with several fairly pricey expansions. Currently you can get all four for about $50 (CAD) on steam, less if you buy the whole pack of course, but each expansion costs the same. Also it was divided into four parts, each standalone. Sounds a bit similar to what we've got here with TWW. Not identical of course but similar. And they wish they had the option for DLCs.

Dawn of War 2 now costs about $76 (again, outside of the bundle) to get the whole game plus expansions (though the last one was standalone), but fairly sure each of those games came out costing a fair bit. With all DLC included you're currently looking at $168. For a game that is pretty old. And here it absolutely was divided into three parts. Pretty sure it would be quite expensive to get all of those as they came out.

Dawn of War 3 was clearly planned to go about it all in the same way until they dropped it like it was hot, and 3 is the only one that had what could even be suggested as full rosters.

So I do not think my point is moot.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,592Registered Users
    edited January 28
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

WAIT! I KNOW ONE!

It's called Warhammer Fantasy Battles. And 40k. You'll shell over the price of a full new released video game for one character model. A small one. Or you could shell over more than the entire price of every dlc and both warhammer 1 and warhammer 2 combined to get about a quarter of the way to a single warlord class titan.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/mars-pattern-warlord-titan-body
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Posts: 142Registered Users
    I am with you @adjung :) please CA, add the Ghorgon and the other Beastmen missing units.
    edited January 28
    Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

I'm fairly sure that Dawn of War 1 was a full priced game with several fairly pricey expansions. Currently you can get all four for about $50 (CAD) on steam, less if you buy the whole pack of course, but each expansion costs the same. Also it was divided into four parts, each standalone. Sounds a bit similar to what we've got here with TWW. Not identical of course but similar. And they wish they had the option for DLCs.

Dawn of War 2 now costs about $76 (again, outside of the bundle) to get the whole game plus expansions (though the last one was standalone), but fairly sure each of those games came out costing a fair bit. With all DLC included you're currently looking at $168. For a game that is pretty old. And here it absolutely was divided into three parts. Pretty sure it would be quite expensive to get all of those as they came out.

Dawn of War 3 was clearly planned to go about it all in the same way until they dropped it like it was hot, and 3 is the only one that had what could even be suggested as full rosters.

Starcraft II would be a better example.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 3,935Registered Users
    Bone Giant was cut out of TK for the event's sake. Ghorgon does not exist. Never forget, CA is CA.

makar55 said:

I really miss guy who was asking for some kind of elf-thing be added to the game.

I'm still here, having meltdown because Merwyrm was not attached to the latest patch.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,037Registered Users
    My hope is that we will see a Beastmen and WoC rework when TW:W3 drops when we have more god-specific assets and more similar skeletons (like the Keeper of Secrets).
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

I'm having a good time with this game ^

It's well worth the money, and the devs already said they will keep updating/balancing and adding more content.
    Rochaid29 said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

I'm having a good time with this game ^

It's well worth the money, and the devs already said they will keep updating/balancing and adding more content.
    Indeed. The first one was meh, but they really really improved on the formula.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,413Registered Users

My hope is that we will see a Beastmen and WoC rework when TW:W3 drops when we have more god-specific assets and more similar skeletons (like the Keeper of Secrets).

When they're doing DoC would be a good time for it, alternatively however they do Monos (if they do them) would also be a good time.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Starcraft 2 isn't a Warhammer game, as according to your original stipulations.

Though it is on par for something GW made in terms of quality story telling, that's for sure. Maybe even a bit better.
    Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Though it is on par for something GW made in terms of quality story telling, that's for sure. Maybe even a bit better.
    A better comparison for the trilogy thing. DoW 1 expansions change gameplay deeply, going from a linear RTS campaign to a strategic sandbox one. Starcraft II is the same game in three parts, like TW: Warhammer.
    Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

A better comparison for the trilogy thing. DoW 1 expansions change gameplay deeply, going from a linear RTS campaign to a strategic sandbox one. Starcraft II is the same game in three parts, like TW: Warhammer.
    TWW's campaigns add to themselves over time, improving repeatability. Starcraft's campaigns are all standalones. Their own things. They don't really combine in any way. On top of that they're all more or less linear. You play the same battles over and over. At least the later two DoW 1 expansions match the Total War format better than Starcraft. Not that DoW 2 was all that different, admittedly.

And I don't see what this has to do with the fact that DoW as a series has several expansions with plenty of cost behind them when they came out. Probably to about the same level as TWW.

Also, this is essentially a business discussion thread. Moving it to the appropriate area.
    Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

Xenos7 said:

Canuovea said:

TWW's campaigns add to themselves over time, improving repeatability. Starcraft's campaigns are all standalones. Their own things. They don't really combine in any way. On top of that they're all more or less linear. You play the same battles over and over. At least the later two DoW 1 expansions match the Total War format better than Starcraft. Not that DoW 2 was all that different, admittedly.

And I don't see what this has to do with the fact that DoW as a series has several expansions with plenty of cost behind them when they came out. Probably to about the same level as TWW.

Also, this is essentially a business discussion thread. Moving it to the appropriate area.
    It's not that. Starcraft II maintains the same gameplay across the trilogy, expanding it in marginal ways. Like WH. DoW adds substantial changes with the last two expansions, like a whole new kind of campaign. So it's not as accurate as a comparison. If WH3 were to add a linear story-based campaign then it would be more similar to what Relic did with DoW 1.
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    There was a time I remember, before the DLC came, there was hope back then and we spoke freely about what we wanted in games. That was an age of openness and opportunity, perhaps innocence too, because when we talked about what we wanted and the price being asked of us, this was not reduced to being a 'business discussion'. It seemed like nothing was out of reach and as long as we stood by a developer, they would never let us down; what we got was worth every penny and all benefitted from the audience expanding outwards from the core, no one cynically thought to chase a new and different one whilst leaving the core behind.

Then the horse armour attacked.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,894Registered Users

Jeez, bois~ mah beloved Ghorgon is not a Giant!

He's completely different from an oversized WH's "El Gigante" (RE4)~ for the love of Slaanesh! :|

Did someone said Spirit Host??!!
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein