Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

new update does not load old mortal empires saves anymore

PdcGunnerPdcGunner Posts: 349Registered Users
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
tried playing Warhammer II tonight. had to download an update. Once it finished (an a driver update,) I try loading up my empire Campaign. The blue progress bar appears and a immediately brings me back to the main screen.

Is anyone experiencing this issue? any trouble shooting tips?

I'll try to do a Warhammer II race on vortex to see if its the same.

Comments

• PdcGunnerPdcGunner Posts: 349Registered Users
    edited January 2019
    UPDATE: I was able to load both old vortex campaigns and start and load a new mortal empires map as a TWWI race as well as load old mortal empires campaigns as TWWII races, but my older campaign as the empire, that I just saved a few days ago is no longer valid. instead of the red progress bar, it is the blue one and brings me to the main page.

-Update Clarifying that I can load old saves as TWWII races
    Post edited by PdcGunner on
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,136Registered Users
    You can opt into the betas to keep playing on old saves. Check out the blogpost.
    which beta? I am already in the coast beta.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,478Registered Users, Moderators
    PdcGunner said:

The Coast Beta just went live, and it might have automatically opted you out.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

PdcGunner said:

The Coast Beta just went live, and it might have automatically opted you out.
    exited the game It still says I'm coast beta next to the title. Should I leave the beta now and go back in?

also submitting a request to CA Support.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,848Registered Users
    Opt back out of it, and it should be ok. Mine was.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • Frank9945671Frank9945671 Posts: 165Registered Users
    Year 2019, ppl don't know how to load saved games or can't for some reason, someone complain about mysterious crashes since game's launch, especially about VC DLC, maybe because of mods or bad PC, or... dunno
    hey all,

I just wanted to update that my I got my campaign to work.

Took a hunch that I should probably enter the launcher beta and leave the coast beta. Despite it being just released

I now can load up that empire campaign again.