Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War King's Return

MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior MemberTürkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
Hi friends. When I searched at internet, I saw Total War King's Return game for mobil android. Is it a official TW game? Do any one know about it?

facebook.com/TotalWar.KingsReturn/

“Victory is for those who can say "Victory is mine". Success is for those who can begin saying "I will succeed" and say "I have succeeded" in the end.”
― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    edited January 30
    No, this is a slightly upgraded version to a game like War and Order. A terrible type of game, you must spend to survive.

I think it's a bit sneaky tbh, the horseman on the true TW brand is very similar to this one, but you can see differences.
  • MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior Member Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
    It's opening page is that: but not working.

“Victory is for those who can say "Victory is mine". Success is for those who can begin saying "I will succeed" and say "I have succeeded" in the end.”
    ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
    The game doesn't appear to have been created by CA or published by SEGA. Yeah, this seems to be illegal use of the Total War name and logo.

They're using the TW logo and name; trademark violations, tort of passing off; CA/SEGA lawyers are going to have oh so much fun suing these copycats for all they're worth.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users

No, this is a slightly upgraded version to a game like War and Order. A terrible type of game, you must spend to survive.

I think it's a bit sneaky tbh, the horseman on the true TW brand is very similar to this one, but you can see differences.

Not all that sneaky; most courts would still rule in CA's favour. If nothing else, it's likely enough to get the game booted off the app store.

It's sort of like opening "Dominos" pizza and thinking you'd not get sued because you didn't put in the apostrophe.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    edited January 30
    cool_lad said:

Not all that sneaky; most courts would still rule in CA's favour. If nothing else, it's likely enough to get the game booted off the app store.

It's sort of like opening "Dominos" pizza and thinking you'd not get sued because you didn't put in the apostrophe.
    Ah you're right..

This is pure illegal then. I've just checked the YouTube channel using it and it's a patreon supporting it.

@Grace_CA @CA_Duck

Is this illegal use of the TW trademark?

• Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Posts: 865Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    Thanks for the heads up - will look into this.
  • MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior Member Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
    edited January 31
    So I fined a good topic for CA. This is a Exex Mobil Games' game but now it is not playable. And I see Elex's Lord of War that look like TW Kingdoms Battle:

@Grace_CA @CA_Duck

― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk