Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

C.A. makes a new FPS game.

DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,315Registered Users
Did you all hear the news on twitter ?

I quote a tweet by C.A.

'So this happend. @NeilBlomkamp dropped by CA HQ for a behind-the-scenes look at the development of our brand-new FPS IP!'

What are we all thinking about this ? Good or bad news for our beloved Warhammer game ? Maybe thats where all the resources are going lately ?

Me personally ? I am slightly worried to be quite honest with everyone of you. I would rather see some more work be done on our fantasy game. But of course there is more people to serve then just our fantasy hyped up dreams haha ;)

What do you guys think ?

OW !! soon there will be another 'your all time favorite...... of Warhammer 1&2' Make sure you are ready for that one ;) !

Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,724Registered Users, Moderators
    CA has made a bunch of non-Total War stuff while also making Total War stuff.

Didn't they make Halo Wars 2? And Alien Isolation?

I don't see this being a problem.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 15,341Registered Users
    I don't much care.

I mean good luck to all involved and all that jazz, but outside that? Not concerned with it. I certainly don't see any reason to be upset, irked, or worried.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,315Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Yes they did make Alien, and that was quite a succses if I remember :) ?

I just hope some teams won't move to another and effect our beloved Warhammer, but of course CA does more then just Warhammer and we are patiently and looking immense forward to the Lizardman / Skaven Lord pack. cant wait to play as LM again, of right now it feels a bit empty compared to the others, so I wait till they get there cool new stuff !

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

I don't much care.

I mean good luck to all involved and all that jazz, but outside that? Not concerned with it. I certainly don't see any reason to be upset, irked, or worried.

Definitly not upset, CA should do what they want :) and if its a succses, maybe we even profit, but does this mean Total war teams will be send to work on those games ? How does that work ? meaning we can expect less juice for WH ?

Thats my main worry, futher then that, I would only applaud them. More money, more profit, means more for the fantasy teams budget I reason. Thats never a bad thing ;) ! Maybe we can finally get that Ghorgen !?

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,908Registered Users
    Yeah Alien Isolation was a top game for them, I think it should have VR support.

At the moment though I'm more concerned with the TW franchise!
    edited February 5
    DarkLordD said:

I don't much care.

Definitly not upset, CA should do what they want :) and if its a succses, maybe we even profit, but does this mean Total war teams will be send to work on those games ? How does that work ? meaning we can expect less juice for WH ?

Thats my main worry, futher then that, I would only applaud them. More money, more profit, means more for the fantasy teams budget I reason. Thats never a bad thing ;) ! Maybe we can finally get that Ghorgen !?
    *Shrug* it's not worth worrying over, not for me anyway, each to their own and all that jazz.

TWW will get its love.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 735Registered Users
    The team behind Alien Isolation doesn't work under CA for some time now. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-26-alien-isolation-2-rumour-isnt-true
    If you've been paying attention to CA's twitter or their interviews, you'd know that they were hinting at this game ever since 2017, with a lot of job advertisements asking for people that are experiencing in shooting games , namely also a game economy manager, https://www.creative-assembly.com/careers/view/game-economy-designer/oxw08fwV .
    It's also going to be on consoles and possibly have a microtransaction focus.
    Not to mention some requests for a mobile game designer as well. https://www.pockettactics.com/articles/total-war-mobile-ccg/

I don't know how this will work out. We are already seeing the result of them working on multiple TW titles at the same time and delaying other title's content for the current title they're marketing. I don't like it one bit

DarkLordD said:

I don't much care.

*Shrug* it's not worth worrying over, not for me anyway, each to their own and all that jazz.

TWW will get its love.
    I am sure it will. I do expect Wh 3 to go with a BIIIG boom. I wonder what they have all planed for that. Do we even dare to expect some east cultures to make it in eventually ?

DarkLordD said:

DarkLordD said:

I don't much care.

TWW will get its love.
    I am sure it will. I do expect Wh 3 to go with a BIIIG boom. I wonder what they have all planed for that. Do we even dare to expect some east cultures to make it in eventually ?
    I would love to see Cathay and a big ol wonderful DoW roster full of units from places we won't see and all the Army book stuff too.

Frankly though I'm most hyped for Rhinox Riders

DarkLordD said:

DarkLordD said:

I don't much care.

TWW will get its love.
    I would love to see Cathay and a big ol wonderful DoW roster full of units from places we won't see and all the Army book stuff too.

Ha I know you are, its no secret you are an Orgre uber fan ;) !

I will hope for you they make it in ! I wonder how they will play as a faction. Ogres only got big units I assume ? or do they have 'normal' infantry as well ? some GReenskins of Hobgoblins for example ?

I don't know waht to expect from them a 100% yet, will it be a faction with few units model per unit since all of them are categorized as monstrous ? or will they also have units with 60 models that function as normal infantry instead of monster infantry etc ?

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,304Registered Users
    New Space Marine game :) !

Since they have the Warhammer IP, and that this titlw has been demanded so **** much

DarkLordD said:

Canuovea said:

Yes they did make Alien, and that was quite a succses if I remember :) ?

I just hope some teams won't move to another and effect our beloved Warhammer, but of course CA does more then just Warhammer and we are patiently and looking immense forward to the Lizardman / Skaven Lord pack. cant wait to play as LM again, of right now it feels a bit empty compared to the others, so I wait till they get there cool new stuff !

Its 2 very different teams I think, its not the same type of devs that work on a Strategy and FPS game

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,617Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Since they have the Warhammer IP, and that this titlw has been demanded so **** much

They don't have the 40k license.

DarkLordD said:

DarkLordD said:

DarkLordD said:

I don't much care.

TWW will get its love.

Ha I know you are, its no secret you are an Orgre uber fan ;) !

I will hope for you they make it in ! I wonder how they will play as a faction. Ogres only got big units I assume ? or do they have 'normal' infantry as well ? some GReenskins of Hobgoblins for example ?

I don't know waht to expect from them a 100% yet, will it be a faction with few units model per unit since all of them are categorized as monstrous ? or will they also have units with 60 models that function as normal infantry instead of monster infantry etc ?
    I'm sure they will, Rhinox's are used in 3 units including the riders.

Ogres will be all monstrous sans Gnoblars which are like Goblins but far weaker. I'm hoping they function roughly like a Cav force with similar numbers and reliant on overwhelming portions of the enemy battle line in a frenetic and kinetic style before they can be held down.

I am hoping for Manbiters too which would be a weak tier 2 unit. but that'd be it for infantry units for Ogres.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 705Registered Users
    They revealed a type of mobile spinoff from alien isolation and hinted that PC and console shooter with MMO parts a month ago. Even hinted with "read, play and watch" there are novels, maybe short films beside videogames of the Alien franchise in developement.

I am very curios about this Aluen shooter game. Alien isolation was very good, but I mostly play games with a bigger egoshooter part.

Even Alien Isolation was very good it was not that financial access for sega.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,617Registered Users
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

They revealed a type of mobile spinoff from alien isolation and hinted that PC and console shooter with MMO parts a month ago. Even hinted with "read, play and watch" there are novels, maybe short films beside videogames of the Alien franchise in developement.

I am very curios about this Aluen shooter game. Alien isolation was very good, but I mostly play games with a bigger egoshooter part.

Even Alien Isolation was very good it was not that financial access for sega.

The mobile Alien game isn't made by CA, that's from some Chinese developer.

• BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    so 40k =P

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Kranox said:

They don't have the 40k license.
    Maybe yes, maybe no ;)

• 4uk4ata4uk4ata Posts: 895Registered Users
    edited February 5
    Well, I certainly think the TW team has spread itself way too thin between all those releases, and I'm not buying the "don't worry guys, it's different teams" line. IF it's a different department altogether, eh, I don't mind. CA want to make money, if people give them money for stuff that doesn't concern me, so what :) ?

I want some Tehenhauin, Southern Realms/DoW, Kislev, Ogre Kingdoms, Boris and Elspeth as soon as possible. Anything else is an extra.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,576Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

They also made Spartan Total Warrior and Viking battle for Asgard
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,942Registered Users
    Alien: Isolation was really good though.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • JhoDeviloJhoDevilo Posts: 76Registered Users
    What the Teams are working on March 2019

Fantasy New Contents and Pre Production Team:

The Fantasy Teams have been extremely busy this month due to Three Kingdoms release, its 1st incoming new DLC and our new FPS yet to be revealed, even if it is in Gold!
    There won’t be any actual news for a while. Keep following us!
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,398Registered Users

The team behind Alien Isolation doesn't work under CA for some time now. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-26-alien-isolation-2-rumour-isnt-true
    If you've been paying attention to CA's twitter or their interviews, you'd know that they were hinting at this game ever since 2017, with a lot of job advertisements asking for people that are experiencing in shooting games , namely also a game economy manager, https://www.creative-assembly.com/careers/view/game-economy-designer/oxw08fwV .
    It's also going to be on consoles and possibly have a microtransaction focus.
    Not to mention some requests for a mobile game designer as well. https://www.pockettactics.com/articles/total-war-mobile-ccg/

I don't know how this will work out. We are already seeing the result of them working on multiple TW titles at the same time and delaying other title's content for the current title they're marketing. I don't like it one bit

You cant just switch people working on total war titles to a fps like u can between 3k and warhammer though
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 201Registered Users
    Hmm nah FPS are a bit frantic for me. Wouldnt mind a chariot simulator tho. “Aaaand a little to the left.. ok now the long road to kislev”
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 383Registered Users
    edited February 5
    Well who's to say the FPS isn't Warhammer Fantasy.
    For example, i could see CA working on a game where you play as a rebel Peasant Bowmen, member of the Herrimault, fighting against the Bretonnian nobility with just bow and arrow. You would also fight your way through the random greenskin or beastman war band along with your fellow peasant brothers and your leader Bertrand the Brigante. The game would end with you getting randomly mauled and crushed, unnoticed, during one of Orion's Wild Hunts.
    CA please!
  • tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 201Registered Users

Well who's to say the FPS isn't Warhammer Fantasy.
    For example, i could see CA working on a game where you play as a rebel Peasant Bowmen, member of the Herrimault, fighting against the Bretonnian nobility with just bow and arrow. You would also fight your way through the random greenskin or beastman war band along with your fellow peasant brothers and your leader Bertrand the Brigante. The game would end with you getting randomly mauled and crushed, unnoticed, during one of Orion's Wild Hunts.
    CA please!

And don’t forget you can’t actually kill anything. Would be unloreful
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    Neil Blomkamp typically makes scfi movies, I wouldn't expect the Warhammer fantasy or 40k ip.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,103Registered Users
    I think it's a good move by CA.

It could be very profitable if they hit the nail on the head. There is a big 'ole market out there for FPS. Hopefully, they know what they're doing and succeed. Alien Isolation was a triumph in my eyes. Even if most of those devs have moved on, it shows there are people in the company who have a nose for a winning formula.

As for the strategy side of the business? It is probably irrelevant, so long as the company doesn't bankrupt itself. The investment/returns ratio won't be affected much, I expect. How many people got into TW because of the Aliens game?

Anyway... business discussions. What do most of us really know in our comfy armchairs?
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,424Registered Users
    Do ya'll remember Spartan Total Warrior?

Loved that game. I always hoped for a series of Warrior games set in the historical periods of the TW games.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Anyone remember Spartan Total Warrior?
    One of my favourite games as a kid

C.A. has some talent in other fields it’s just that they’re bread and butter is copy paste RTS games 😂