Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What time does Total War usually release on Steam?

YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
Do to shift change at my work, the day off I scheduled to play Total War: 3 Kingdoms, might not be as necessary depending on release time.

Does anyone remember or have knowledge of what time previous games unlocked at? Was it a EST focus released like Midnight EST or maybe Europe focus time release or, whatever. Just wondering if anyone remembers what time they went live.

Comments

• AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited February 8
    I don't think it would be accurate to say they release at an always predictable time whatever release may have been in the past if you are just trying to base it on release history.

They _have been_ pretty standard as to releasing at the announced time though, once the time is announced. As to whether they are time focused, I don't recall a specific pattern. I don't recall any releases though where steam unlock occurred at like, zero-dark-thirty.

Of course, I'm an old guy, and release times usually only matter to me because I have to pay attention to the forums when that happens as it is all hands on deck then.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,076Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Perhaps unsurprisingly it's usually a UK time-based release so that CA can have staff available at the time.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    Thanks, wasnt sure if its uniform or not. So even if it is a midnight release id be looking at UK time, at least thats something to work around.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,143Registered Users
    15:00 GMT usually.