Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Counts Boom in Mortal Empires Campaign

PvtFleshbangPvtFleshbang Posts: 2Registered Users
Hey,

i am confused about my Mortal Empires campaign with Clan Mors:

I am in round 151 now and the Vampire Counts just explode on wealth. There are exaclty 10 VC armies in close to Karak Eight Peaks right now and i know from a former war with VC, that there will be no end of the coninuous river of high class armies they send me until there will be peace. These armies are full of grave guards, Terrorgheists, Vargheists, Varghulfs and other elite units.

I mean i play on very hard but i have never seen anything like this in my about 600 hours of playing Total War Warhammer campaigns.

Did anyone else have an issue like this or is this one unique?

I think this should be checked at least.

Comments

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    I see it as well. In my Greenskin campaign I had to relocate to Kislev because I was beset on both sides by endless hordes of vampires. My biggest issue was the Necrarchs but I could see the Vampire Counts to the North encroaching on me soon to declare war for sure.

It’s probably the corruption mechanic, they can now access early game AP with their ghost units being in the tree building, as well as grave guard being anti infantry and that’s all the Dwarfs have. Low upkeep on unbreakable infantry helps them field more armies. And the positioning of where they start is good too. I think they just happen to be in a really sweet spot to take over the really good Dwarf holds and that’s what happens.
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    ME really suffers from snowballing because any faction can inhabit any settlement, and the penalties for bad climate don't seem to really do much to the AI.

Undead snowball even more because the attrition from undead corruption is so intense it makes it impossible for the AI to effectively attack them. The AI may be able to capture a settlement or two but because the corruption lingers the army doesn't replenish and ends up being easily mopped up by even vastly inferior undead forces before it can take any more settlements.

So once they get going they are pretty much impossible for anyone but the player to stop. Corruption probably needs a rework generally - rather than attrition it probably ought to lower leadership or something like that, or maybe give bonuses to the undead instead. Something that doesn't make it such a huge advantage.
  • PvtFleshbangPvtFleshbang Posts: 2Registered Users
    Here is bunch of screenshots which show the army compositions.

• StephinceStephince Posts: 2,451Registered Users
    Confirming Undead as the new superpower.
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Posts: 262Registered Users
    I'm of the opinion the AI cheats more in tw2.

In my legendary game, Tyrion with 1 town only can run a stack with 6 dragons, 3 dragon princes, 4 swordmasters of howeth, 1 eagle claw 3 silver helms, 3 seaguard.

AI with less towns than me are running 3x as many armies. I think in the first game they generally ran twice as many armies as me.

It's frustrating because it makes the games into massive slogfests.

It wouldn't surprise me that the same issue was in mortal empires.

The AI tends to snowball due to the way combat between ai resolves. But now the winning sides get more armies and songo quicker.
  • stankgangstastankgangsta Junior Member Posts: 238Registered Users
    If the player takes out the Dwarfs it ducks up the Old World order
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,618Registered Users

Hey,

i am confused about my Mortal Empires campaign with Clan Mors:

I am in round 151 now and the Vampire Counts just explode on wealth. There are exaclty 10 VC armies in close to Karak Eight Peaks right now and i know from a former war with VC, that there will be no end of the coninuous river of high class armies they send me until there will be peace. These armies are full of grave guards, Terrorgheists, Vargheists, Varghulfs and other elite units.

I mean i play on very hard but i have never seen anything like this in my about 600 hours of playing Total War Warhammer campaigns.

Did anyone else have an issue like this or is this one unique?

I think this should be checked at least.

This is exactly what I faced. I needed 6 or 7 of my own well built DE stacks to break up the Von C's and Vampire Counts mega army stacks.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,479Registered Users
    In my Dark Elf / Very Hard Campaign Vampire Counts are gone.
    Basically Wood Elves, Dwarves, Hexoatl, not much mure...
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Occupying anywhere may give people illusive sense of snowballing, this is especially so in higher difficulty at which AI has more incomes. In fact, some of those unpleasant / inhabitable settlements have some decent de-buff to the AI too and it looks arguably punishing. What maybe lacking is climate's regional effects on armies at the moment.
  • KryoneKryone Posts: 2Registered Users
    Looks like my campaign. Now that they can settle anywhere, and more precisely in those full of gold dwarf town, they are really powerful.
  • antigonusoneeyeantigonusoneeye Posts: 237Registered Users
    definitely seen the same thing. I think part of the problem is that VC don't take attrition in low corruption territories if they own them, while mortals do. It would certainly help if they didn't replenish their losses so efficiently. Also, I have noticed that the AI seems to heal as soon as their turn ends, while the player has to wait until the beginning of his next turn. That is doubly painful for a faction with raise dead, as it means that failed attacks on their enemies in their territory give them most of their army right back while still biting deep into the mortal faction's troop count.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,737Registered Users
    Vampire Counts have profited the most from the expanded building slots, since they're a faction meant to grow tall before they grow wide.

• AvartAvart Posts: 79Registered Users
    It is true.. Mortal Empires always end dealing with VC because the AI can not attack effectively(they run take attrition damage and die) so they take all the empire and dwarf provinces until the player gets to them.
    They always build the building with the vampiric corruption in adjacent provinces in every settlement so you have to deal with them fast and you get that debuff on lords and heroes in growth wherever you stand.

Vampric corruption breaks Mortal Empires campaign for me.I simply dont want to deal with it.
    Almost the same with the Norsca settlements but it is more doable because you can attack them from sea.Except the ones in the center.And no adjacent corruptive building.Actually not the same at all.
    I think it is the adjacent building corruption that make them win.Nothing else.
  • Nicodemus_AquilusNicodemus_Aquilus Posts: 5Registered Users
    I couldn't agree more. I love the Empire campaign. After the last update or two I have to race to knock out the VC or the whole old world is over whelmed, and this is worse at higher levels of difficulty. It's really stealing the fun and replayability out of my favorite game. CA please help us your our only hope.