Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Princess question

Go EazyGo Eazy Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 108
edited August 2011 in Medieval II: Total War
So I had a prince wanting to marry a princess but I could not figure out how to get her and him together. On that note how do I even get a princess to get out of a castle?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Go Eazy on

Comments

• Celt1114Celt1114 Member Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited July 2010
    Go Eazy wrote: »
    So I had a prince wanting to marry a princess but I could not figure out how to get her and him together. On that note how do I even get a princess to get out of a castle?

Thanks in advance.

Just click on the princess and click on the guy who wants to marry her. You'll be given the option (usually a small button with a picture on it), of either sending her on a diplomatic mission, or sending her to become somebodys wife.
    Sometimes you'll have to act quickly because princesses get snagged up before they even reach their destination, or before you even know they exist.
  • IBlewAFuseIBlewAFuse Senior Member CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 1,398
    edited July 2010
    They don't really get snagged up, but what can happen is if you accept one of those "a family member?" thing, it could be the same princess you want to marry someone else.

You should also be aware as sometimes your princess will disown you and flee with the General.
  • Celt1114Celt1114 Member Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited July 2010
    I've had princes ask for the hand of a princess and offer me money, only to get married to someone else before I had the chance to send her to him, during the same turn the prince requested her.
    That's what I mean by snagged up.
  • IBlewAFuseIBlewAFuse Senior Member CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 1,398
    edited July 2010
    oh, I thought you meant the princess would disappear off the map since you accepted the marriage of "a candidate for adoption" and therefore cancel the mission. That's happened far too many times to me.
  • Go EazyGo Eazy Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 108
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the help, I clicked on her last night but didn't see anything pop up. I'm sure I just overlooked it. Thanks again : )
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,686
    edited July 2010
    To marry a Princess off, doesn't matter to who, you can select the Princess, then move the mouse over the Genetleman in question. If he is not already married then you will get an option to marry. They have to get close enough to get together on the same turn before tha actual marriage will take place.

You can also marry her to the unmarried heir of another faction. Again, the marriage, if accepted, will not occur until she moves close enough for them to get together on the same turn.

You can also have a diplomat propose the marriage. If accepted the marriage will occur immediately. How easy it happens will depend a great deal on your relationship with the faction you are dealing with.

As said, you can also move her around and use as a diplomat.

It is always a good idea to marry her off as quickly as possible. The negative traits start building up pretty quickly. Once she has ac***ulated several, you may as well put her on a ship and let the pirates or an enemy fleet sink it.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Moderators Posts: 4,606
    edited July 2010
    Alternatively, give her a dose of the plague and send her on a european vacation...I've often found that to be a highly useful endeavour for princesses, diplomats and spies, etc.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • CheChe Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 804
    edited July 2010
    dge1 wrote: »
    To marry a Princess off, doesn't matter to who, you can select the Princess, then move the mouse over the Genetleman in question. If he is not already married then you will get an option to marry. They have to get close enough to get together on the same turn before tha actual marriage will take place.

You can also marry her to the unmarried heir of another faction. Again, the marriage, if accepted, will not occur until she moves close enough for them to get together on the same turn.

You can also have a diplomat propose the marriage. If accepted the marriage will occur immediately. How easy it happens will depend a great deal on your relationship with the faction you are dealing with.

As said, you can also move her around and use as a diplomat.

It is always a good idea to marry her off as quickly as possible. The negative traits start building up pretty quickly. Once she has ac***ulated several, you may as well put her on a ship and let the pirates or an enemy fleet sink it.

Hey, don't swear, dge1! :D Heheheheh! :D
    "You can learn more about a man in one hour of play, than in an entire year of conversation" - Plato

"Just because you don't take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you" - Pericles, 430BC

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine" - Ernesto "Che" Guevara
  • sdw1000sdw1000 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 623
    edited August 2011
    I married my King to a Spanish princess. That **** couple haven't produced any children! Doesn't help Spain keeps wanting to declare war on me. Prob doesn't help bedroom performance.
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    - William Tecumseh Sherman
  • DJMuschmeisterDJMuschmeister Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    If a general asks to marry a princess and you accept, it happens without moving her. If you want to initiate her marriage she has to go meet the general.

Related anecdote: I discovered three charming princesses had grown up in York and I tried to ship them to the mainland. Germans came and sank the fleet. I just laughed, but I wish the game recognized the pointless tragedy and gave traits to the next of kin accordingly.
  • LouThundersLouThunders Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 312
    edited August 2011
    LOL.... I have a worse but equally funny tragedy.

I was playing as Milan and ruled the entire Northern Italy. I was planning to marry my princess off to the Hungarian heir. They ruled the Balkans, Austria, and Switzerland, so I figured they'd make good allies. She was on her way to the Prince, before she fell victim of an assassination. And, what do you know? The assassin's Hungarian! Clearly Laszlo wasn't straight in the head, so I declared war and spanked them all the way back to Budapest, all because of a woman :D
    Dealer in THUNDER and death! (Sorry Nappy!)