Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Future of WH2 DLC (missing units)

2»

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,665
    I fully expect TWW3 to be the game that sees a plethora of different DLCs to bring things more or less to completion. While there is plenty of stuff left to add as the kind of DLCs we’ve grown accustomed to in game 3 as well I expect different quirky little DLCs to round out the series as a whole. It might take a while but TWW3 will hopefully be the gift that keeps on giving.

Somewhere down the line I have half a hope that even different and better designed mini campaigns might be added or maybe even smaller map expansions.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    Draxynnic said:

(insert obligatory comment here that whatever the bandwagon brigade says, the Oracle on Trog is a unit, not a character and character mount)

Prior to Q&C, when it seemed that CA was just not doing spellcaster lords for the Elves, I was advocating for the Annointed as an additional generic lord for the High Elves. You call it "just a lord noble", but it really isn't despite being armed with a halberd: Annointed, on the tabletop, are marked by the bonuses they give to their unit (at least on foot), and I could see the Annointed behaving similar to Arch-Lectors, being a Lord focused more on granting defensive buffs to allies within their aura over personal fighting ability.

You're also getting Caradryan and Korhil mixed up. The Phoenix Guard, despite the name, are not bodyguards - that's the White Lions, of whom Korhil is the captain. Probably the most suitable way to implement Caradryan would probably be to implement the Annointed, and then have Caradryan being a special Annointed that could be picked up at a high Influence cost.

(As much as I like them, Imrik and Belannaer could probably be given similar treatment.)

I was thinking the same: that they could add the Anointed at the same time as Caradryan. Korhil is basically the exact same as Alastar in terms of looks and being a white lion and all which is why I didn't add him and why I ha Caradryan listed as the bodyguard type because, for the sake of having as much veriaty as possible, I think he should be added and Korhil should be left at the wayside.

I'll adjust what i said about the Anointed, remove my slagging off of him since you make some good points :p
    @Pocman

Thorek Ironbrow will likely appear in the stead of Kazador.

A main goal of my list was to go over the most likely and reasonable thinks that CA could realistically do which is why some things might be missing. i could add every named dwarf lord and hero but that would make the list pure wish fulfilment and less of a request aimed at CA with reasonable terms.

The only real reason I could see to add Gorfang Rotgut would be to relieve Grimgor and Azhag's wrongly placed position at Black Crag and re shuffle them but to me that's not really necessary. CA could easily move one or the other without having to add him. the Greenskins are only likely to get one more pick if we're lucky and to me Grom + Niblet or Gorbad Ironclaw would be far more interesting and unique choices

Grom could start around Ulthuan and exist in the vortex campaign

Gorbad could be a mounted cavalry heavy lord, starting in a position of strength near the Empire (he could be a Horde Waaaaahh faction potentially)

I believe Gorbad and Grom were also around at the same time and attacked the empire at the same time too so there's precedent to add them both or one or the other I think.

Bleakswords are already in the game and they are totally useless so I'm not sure why you'd want the same for the High Elves.

I actually added Apophas but it doesn't seem to have updated that.
    edited February 2019
    RikRiorik said:

I fully expect TWW3 to be the game that sees a plethora of different DLCs to bring things more or less to completion. While there is plenty of stuff left to add as the kind of DLCs we’ve grown accustomed to in game 3 as well I expect different quirky little DLCs to round out the series as a whole. It might take a while but TWW3 will hopefully be the gift that keeps on giving.

Somewhere down the line I have half a hope that even different and better designed mini campaigns might be added or maybe even smaller map expansions.

Problem with game 3 is we don't know if the New World is going to be in it or how it will incorporate all the factions thus far and a lot of people don't like the end times for various reasons.

CA could potentially have 2 or 3 different maps in the third game: the main campaign, a kind of mortal empires east and a kind of mortal empires west or something. Maybe they could even make up their own map with everyone on it, I'm not sure, but I know that there's a great possibility that a lot of stuff from 2 might not make it in which is why I'd like as much piled into 2 as possible. if we do get all this stuff in 2 then it may be more likely we see it all added in 3 over time, sort of securing it for the future.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,665

RikRiorik said:

Problem with game 3 is we don't know if the New World is going to be in it or how it will incorporate all the factions thus far and a lot of people don't like the end times for various reasons.

CA could potentially have 2 or 3 different maps in the third game: the main campaign, a kind of mortal empires east and a kind of mortal empires west or something. Maybe they could even make up their own map with everyone on it, I'm not sure, but I know that there's a great possibility that a lot of stuff from 2 might not make it in which is why I'd like as much piled into 2 as possible. if we do get all this stuff in 2 then it may be more likely we see it all added in 3 over time, sort of securing it for the future.
    Old datamined map sees us have what we have now in ME and then the bit that is currently under the fog of war to the east. While entirely possible that this is inaccurate I don’t think it’ll be by much in the end.

We’ll see.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,305
    Vampire Coast is also mission an undead merwyrm.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    Twilight sisters are Def one I wanna see for WE but maybe Daith too.

Gotrek and Felix are character I do really want to see but have no idea how they could be implemented

• blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,150
    amand de aquitiene is already in the files as a leftover from the WE DLC I think

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)