Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 legendary lords overview: Skarbrand

2»

Comments

• Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 418Registered Users

Makes me so happy for monogods :smile:
    So happy at all the hints too, and eagerly awaiting the next batch of em :blush:

Mono and divided, as is best :wink:

Nah, undivided just like on the TT and the lore is best.

Skarbrand is an undivided LL.
    Undivided at launch and monogods as DLCs is best.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,111Registered Users

tanspan88 said:

Yeah all the Khorne characters are the same: “so there was this guy/thing right? It got reaaaaaally angry and killed loooooads of stuff. The end.”

If they emphasised khornes martial honour rather than him being so angry all the time there might be some space for personality. Im just imagining all the angry shouting every time i click somewhere playing them 😖

The universe would be much more interesting with grey gods, unfortunately they're all black.

Khorne would be great grey, but as is he's straight evil so he suffers more than any other god.
    Playing as Wulfrik constant time fight against evil factions, High elf (100+ relations) and dwarfs (900+ relations) my best bro, both military ally.
    Worship to Khorne.
    Is I'm doing something wrong?
    This has no relevance to my point.

That as an evil race you can fight other evil races doesn't change how boring Khorne is.

Khorne is simply the least interesting Chaos god.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    Cortes31 said:

Makes me so happy for monogods :smile:
    So happy at all the hints too, and eagerly awaiting the next batch of em :blush:

Mono and divided, as is best :wink:

Nah, undivided just like on the TT and the lore is best.

Skarbrand is an undivided LL.
    Undivided at launch and monogods as DLCs is best.
    Agreed.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators

Oh look. Monogods again.

I'm watching. Keep it civil.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 511Registered Users
    edited February 16

tanspan88 said:

Yeah all the Khorne characters are the same: “so there was this guy/thing right? It got reaaaaaally angry and killed loooooads of stuff. The end.”

If they emphasised khornes martial honour rather than him being so angry all the time there might be some space for personality. Im just imagining all the angry shouting every time i click somewhere playing them 😖

The universe would be much more interesting with grey gods, unfortunately they're all black.

Khorne would be great grey, but as is he's straight evil so he suffers more than any other god.
    Playing as Wulfrik constant time fight against evil factions, High elf (100+ relations) and dwarfs (900+ relations) my best bro, both military ally.
    Worship to Khorne.
    Is I'm doing something wrong?
    This has no relevance to my point.

That as an evil race you can fight other evil races doesn't change how boring Khorne is.

Khorne is simply the least interesting Chaos god.
    So...you think that Khorne is bOrInG. Okay and who cares? Sorry but who are you? Are you the spokesman of the entire WH community?
    I think Khorne is cool and i'm not the only one. Don't try to put yourself over everyone who thinks differently from you.

Peace and love.

Edited for civility, notably right after I said to keep it civil. Cheers, Canuovea
    Post edited by Canuovea on

#FORGHORGON
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 353Registered Users

Can we just have a single Chaos thread without saying **** and denigrate Monos? Thank you.
    #NeverForget

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,546Registered Users
    edited February 16
    This is not another monogod vs DoC discussion.
    Off topic posts are not the way to further discussion.
    Do so on another thread.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,546Registered Users

Can we just have a single Chaos thread without saying **** and denigrate Monos? Thank you.

This is just too great, and happens every time sadly.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    People are allowed to express their opinions on the subject of monogods, so long as it remains on the topic of the OP. Keep it about Skarbrand, people.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Skarbrand's whole personality is that he doesn't have a personality, that's his gimmick. So of course he's boring.

Rage by itself isn't interesting. The why is interesting, very interesting. How Skarbrand became a personality-less is interesting. Now that he has none and is just a big hulk of walking death he's just well... boring, especially compared to the other DoC LL's, and even relative to the other Khorne characters who have some degree of personality.

In terms of his position Skarbrand is most definitely a DoC LL. If CA decide to do Monogods he could, but being withheld for that seems like a waste. DoC deserves its most over the top LL's, which means the Greater Demons.

@Cortes31

Continuing that line of thought I'd like to see Monogods done in 2 campaign pack DLC's. Monogods are just reskins of existing WoC and BM units with DoC units thrown in and a couple unique units. Keep Skarbrand as the DoC LL then pick two others for the Monogod spots.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 4,302Registered Users
    Just to take another dump on Khornate daemons.

Admittably there have been quite a few games with a Tzeentch focus like this one so far and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning but still it always feels like Khorne is the go to guy for Daemons. Undoubtedly helped by everyone ever in cinema, litersture and computer games envisioning Daemons mostly down the route of big red, fiery and horned Khorne type Daemons. You can only take so much Khorneflakes with your milk before that wondrous flavour starts feeling bland.

I’m also a Word Bearers fanatic but even I have to admit they can start to feel bland with their overusage as the bad guys (often coupled with Khornate Daemons!).
    Lord of the Undermountain
    RikRiorik said:

Just to take another dump on Khornate daemons.

Admittably there have been quite a few games with a Tzeentch focus like this one so far and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning but still it always feels like Khorne is the go to guy for Daemons. Undoubtedly helped by everyone ever in cinema, litersture and computer games envisioning Daemons mostly down the route of big red, fiery and horned Khorne type Daemons. You can only take so much Khorneflakes with your milk before that wondrous flavour starts feeling bland.

I’m also a Word Bearers fanatic but even I have to admit they can start to feel bland with their overusage as the bad guys (often coupled with Khornate Daemons!).

It's part of their design. Because Each God is designed to work with the other gods they all have these restricted personalities. Khorne's probably the most restricted of all as his personality is just war and more war whereas the others are war and *something else*

If old SB was doing something interesting like trying to get his personality back, or trying to stick it to Khorne it'd be different, but as is he's just running around in full hulk mode. That's fine, and he absolutely should be a DoC LL but at the same time there's just not a personality there to relate to, he literally has none.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,382Registered Users
    Eh 90% of characters in Warhammer are entirely one dimensional with a single motivation and a single personality trait.

Eh 90% of characters in Warhammer are entirely one dimensional with a single motivation and a single personality trait.

Not sure that is fair...

I mean, if it is wrong it isn't far wrong, but they have put some effort into more than 10% of their characters.
2»