Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The WORST things about TWW2 (i.e. needing change; in a current version as of February 2019)

13»

Comments

• Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,246

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

Greatest issue for me is no Red Duke and Boris Todbringer, yet.

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

Surtha Ek is a meme Lord who should never be a real LL.

As for those, yeah, hopefully soon for Boris. Not so keen on more Vampires though.
    He already is a faction lord. Where’s the harm in making him playable?
    He's already playable.
    Surtha Ek is playable? I know he isn't in the campaign. Is he in MP? I don't know, and like 95% of players, don't really care.
    Confederate him as Norsca and he becomes playable. That's as far as they should go with a character that's only famous for a rather lame meme.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure when anyone talks about a LL being playable they mean selectable from the start. Otherwise no one would want any of the lords already in the game. That being said, how in any way does it negatively impact the game if they made him "selectable"? Faction unlockers do this already so it's not hard to do. It has no negative impact on anything else in the game or the production schedule of anything coming so I don't see why someone would deny that content.
    Chaos has the largest character roster in the lore. I would absolutely hate and despise CA if they wasted a slot on a lame meme character instead.

Think Tretch's reception was bad (and he actually was an armybook character)? Multiply that by a 1000 if Surtha Ek steals the spot of someone like Valkia, Sayl the Faithless, Vardek Chrom or Vilitch the Curseling.

Sorry, they can keep the fanfaction characters for factions that have close to no associated characters like VCoast. Norsca should get better because there's a large pool to pick from.
    Tretch is a Army Book character (full reference sheet in spoiler tag).

Also remember that Norscan lords cannot already be aligned with any Chaos God due to their mechanic.
    You have noticed I actually acknowledged that, right?

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

As for those, yeah, hopefully soon for Boris. Not so keen on more Vampires though.
    He's already playable.
    Surtha Ek is playable? I know he isn't in the campaign. Is he in MP? I don't know, and like 95% of players, don't really care.
    Confederate him as Norsca and he becomes playable. That's as far as they should go with a character that's only famous for a rather lame meme.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure when anyone talks about a LL being playable they mean selectable from the start. Otherwise no one would want any of the lords already in the game. That being said, how in any way does it negatively impact the game if they made him "selectable"? Faction unlockers do this already so it's not hard to do. It has no negative impact on anything else in the game or the production schedule of anything coming so I don't see why someone would deny that content.
    Chaos has the largest character roster in the lore. I would absolutely hate and despise CA if they wasted a slot on a lame meme character instead.

Think Tretch's reception was bad (and he actually was an armybook character)? Multiply that by a 1000 if Surtha Ek steals the spot of someone like Valkia, Sayl the Faithless, Vardek Chrom or Vilitch the Curseling.

Sorry, they can keep the fanfaction characters for factions that have close to no associated characters like VCoast. Norsca should get better because there's a large pool to pick from.
    Where is this "slot" coming from though? It's not like if they made Surtha Ek a playable LL tomorrow for Skaeling that'd mean another LL wouldn't come. There's no evidence of that. You're making up a scenario to be afraid of.
    Evidence? You have to be pretty out there to think there are no limited slots for units and characters. Every unit and character they have to license and so it costs them money, of course they budgeted for it.
    Going by your own logic, they don't have to license Surtha Ek so he doesn't occupy a slot.
    They still have to work on that character and his faction, don't they? Quest battles, items, skill tree, faction balance, unique voicelines... you know, budget stuff that could go to a lore character instead.
    Sure. But you didn't use this argument in the previous post.
    Ehem, why throw out money for a meme character that is bound to **** off a lot of their buyers when the funds would be better funneled towards a lore character that might cost more but also create more satisfied customers? Budget!
    I'm not arguing against that. I'm arguing against the licensed characters thing.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Tretch is a Army Book character (full reference sheet in spoiler tag).

Also remember that Norscan lords cannot already be aligned with any Chaos God due to their mechanic.
    You have noticed I actually acknowledged that, right?

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Where is this "slot" coming from though? It's not like if they made Surtha Ek a playable LL tomorrow for Skaeling that'd mean another LL wouldn't come. There's no evidence of that. You're making up a scenario to be afraid of.
    Evidence? You have to be pretty out there to think there are no limited slots for units and characters. Every unit and character they have to license and so it costs them money, of course they budgeted for it.
    Going by your own logic, they don't have to license Surtha Ek so he doesn't occupy a slot.
    They still have to work on that character and his faction, don't they? Quest battles, items, skill tree, faction balance, unique voicelines... you know, budget stuff that could go to a lore character instead.
    Sure. But you didn't use this argument in the previous post.
    Ehem, why throw out money for a meme character that is bound to **** off a lot of their buyers when the funds would be better funneled towards a lore character that might cost more but also create more satisfied customers? Budget!
    Again, I’m only arguing that adding Surtha Ek as he exists now wouldn’t cost the same as adding a full new LL. Every time I say this you then argue that it would take up the slot of another LL. It would cost very little to add Surtha Ek and Skaeling as they are now without any alterations, new models, VO, or mechanics. And, as i’ve already said, I would argue differently if we were talking about implementing Ek with new models, mounts, animations, and such. I’m not, nor has anyone, argued for that. Then that would take away enough money to affect the implementation of another lord.
    Later