Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Estalia are the ultimate punching bag of TWW

ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,140
Hi!

With the next LP looming close, I just couldn’t withstand sharing this jolly piece of revelation with you. So with VCoast update in full steam, Estalia got fully deserved title of THE Ultimate Punching Bag of TW: Warhammer world!

I mean look at the campaign - I find it quite funny how Estalia is getting REKT by pretty much every other faction in the setting, including BM and even Bret’s, who are usual punching bags for every decent Old (and New) Worlder. Noctilus, Aranessa, Skavenblight and GS are always happy to join the carnage as well.

Next LP will further cement Estalia’s position as the ultimate loser of TWW by most likely adding a Skaven LL in Skavenblight. I also think eventual DoW DLC won’t add any LL in Estalia, while almost surely adding one in Miragliano, which will elevate Estalia into the Loser Saint status, the Holy Grail of all the underdogs in the Warhammer universe.

Therefore I demand: CA, make them playable! The masochist part of TWW fanbase fully deserves the ultimate orgasm of playing an “impossible” faction. You don’t have to actually add any units besides Estalian Angels. It would be even more fun.

I also challenge every decent forum goer to post a screenshot with Estalia alive after turn 50 (on current update).

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,577

Masochistic indeed.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 2,265
    In the mean time, there are faction unlocker mods and south realm unit mods that would let you play them and turn the tables on all these big bullies.
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • misterZmisterZ Registered Users Posts: 354
    Due to the extreme isolation of the Estalian Peninsula (it is geographically far away from threats such as Chaos), it enjoyed a lot of relief from most of the major threats of the Old World

well gameplay and story segregation.
    Right now they are placeholder and I don't care about they fate... Just wish we will get cool estalia by ca in the futer and we then will see more variotons in estalia fate!
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,624
    Esta who ? Never seen them for the last couple of months

Probably got deleted of the game

• ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,140
    edited February 2019
    misterZ said:

Due to the extreme isolation of the Estalian Peninsula (it is geographically far away from threats such as Chaos), it enjoyed a lot of relief from most of the major threats of the Old World

Right now they are placeholder and I don't care about they fate... Just wish we will get cool estalia by ca in the futer and we then will see more variotons in estalia fate!
    Well, currently the major threats of the Old World in TWW are Vampirates and imploding Bretonnian AI. And they are rather close to Estalia. Chaos on the other hand is just a nuisance, completely irrelevant.

CA should just add Estalian Angels and make them playable after next DLC.

@Harkovast
    Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot about the unlocker. I usually play without any mods but might as well give it a go after LP just for the lulz
  • HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 2,265
    There are some really good mods to give the southern relams their own units.
    They aren't quite official faction quality, but they are pretty damn close.
    (Sadly they don't add any Angels...what an over sight! )

I always like the idea of taking a minor faction and turning them into the big dogs!
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,912
    It just takes one TEB pack for Estalia to roflstomp everyone around. Because new DLC gotta be strooonk you know :p

Also Tilea/Estalia is great fun to play with Crynsos' FU, especially if you like masochistic play.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,988

misterZ said:

Well, currently the major threats of the Old World in TWW are Vampirates and imploding Bretonnian AI. And they are rather close to Estalia. Chaos on the other hand is just a nuisance, completely irrelevant.

CA should just add Estalian Angels and make them playable after next DLC.

@Harkovast
    Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot about the unlocker. I usually play without any mods but might as well give it a go after LP just for the lulz

So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• GCRustGCRust Registered Users Posts: 604
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,626
    Payback from the time before the Bretonnia FLC in TWW1 where Estalia rubbed butt all over Bretonnia to their hearts content. And they were very, VERY content back then.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    edited February 2019
    Estalia was being wiped out long before the Vamps came along, not to mention the new Skaven lair among them. Usually it was the Greenskins or Bretonnia in almost all of my older games.

Funny how some on here want to turn it into a vamp punchbag and ignore that.
    Post edited by Lucifer on

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 843
    The thing about punching bags is that you can beat the crap out of them and they are still fine... the same can't be said for Estalia.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2019
    Estalia since the release of BM update is punchbag.

There 2 years was OK with that, now became problem. Why? Nothing changed add VP or not.

The real changed is Tilea became early game crushed by Aranessa. But Sartosa is major faction, it need expande some where.

TEB R.I.P. just acept it.

Our last hope DoW without Southern Realm.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,753
    There is no way this isnt a joke.

After all, Estalia being a warhammer punching bag makes them closer to lore than 90% of the current in game factions.

I vote to change the name of Estalia's provinces to Skaven food 1, 2, and 3.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,090
    Long gone are the days of launch day Warhammer, before even the Beastmen where you'd see an Estalian Empire every campaign all the way into Bretonnia and the Empire.

They saved my ass against many a chaos invasion back then. Good times.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 444
    Estalia gets deleted every game because they aren't a playable faction surrounded by three hostile playable factions (Beastmen, Noctilus and Sartosa). In this game, non playable factions get a huge autorresolve handicap against AI controlled playable factions. If Estalia was to become playable, and in the hands of a player, you'd be pretty disappointed at that it wouldn't be so hard of a campaign; once you bounce the starting threats, their starting location, a peninsula, is pretty good and defensible, with only the Skaven and the pirates giving trouble, really.
    edited February 2019

From my legendary von Carstein campaign. Bretonnia, wiping the floor with Estalia. No vampires anywhere to be seen. So how about we lay that particular punchbag and the AR one that usually gets slowly introduced alongside them to rest.

Lets not conveniently forget that it was usually the Greenskins or Bretonnia that wiped them out long before VC dlc came along. Even after that, its not happening, at least not in my games by the vampire coast.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,546

Rare footage of Estalians captured...

After watching this, it makes for a great campaign as Lokhir Felheart. I can enslave Estalia.

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,324
    it is the punching bag until we get a southern realms dlc. If we get a DLC i mean there isn't lot of slots left and araby heck thanks to v.coast even albion, amzoans could come
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • kondenado1983kondenado1983 Registered Users Posts: 390
    Kranox said:

Esta who ? Never seen them for the last couple of months

Probably got deleted of the game

Around turn 5
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,307
    I started a Lupio Sunscryer campaign using Cataph's Southern Realms mod and the faction unlocker.

Its actually rather exciting.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    Wardec them all and they'll just attack you over and over instead, and Tilea and Estalia hang around forever. :)

It took Estalia about 80 turns to disappear in my Carcassonne game after I turn 5 stack wiped Noctilus at Bilbali, after stack wiping Kazrak. The skaven went after me all on their own, before they got nuked by Aranessa around turn 60. They'd have lasted the whole game if I'd picked a fight with Aranessa in the same fashion, instead of ignoring her in the hope that she'd kill them off for me so I could take the territory over without having to break my trade agreement.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,577
    Now I feel like playing an Estalia game... god dammit.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Now I feel like playing an Estalia game... god dammit.

Give it a go, I recommend it. I mean, I'm doing it.

I've had to fight a bunch of beastmen, then Noctilus, and I've just taken Skavenblight through some careful maneuvering (now I just gotta hold it). After that I was going to wait for Saltspite to wipe Tilea, but it looks like Tilea is actually winning.

For reference, I'm using Cataph's Southern Realms mod (you need like three parts to this, including the modding framework I believe) and Crysnos' Unlocker with the Closer to Vanilla option.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,140
    edited February 2019
    @Canuovea

Does Cataph’s Southern Realms change the unit roster substantially? What about starting armies? It’s very strange that Tilea is actually winning against Aranessa.

As I said, I am actually waiting until the Lord Pack to play it since I am right now rather fed up with TWW. However, this whole wiping Estalia thing is making me want to try it out. Gonna first check all mods and how they change the game. If they make Estalia too OP, then it loses the whole purpose.

I am currently playing Legendary Hattori in Shogun 2 and its unbelievably tight, I can not afford a single mistake or my campaign will be over (I’m at turn 30 or so with 2 regions so far). It is amazing (though tiring as well). Makes me want something akin to it in TWW.
    @Thomassini there is a fair amount of change, but not to the early roster. Change is different for Estalia, Tilea, and Border Princes though, with some shared units. Tilea and Estalia get pikemen for instance. I would not say they are OP though.

Tilea winning against Saltspite might have more to do with equalized autoresolve since it is now also a LL faction in that mod.