Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please help

StephenCStephenC Junior MemberPosts: 3Registered Users
edited August 2011 in Empire: Total War
Just started playing this and am a little confused, i am on the rioad to independance campaign and have done as required so fat , however keep beinfg askled to build a dock yard eats of James town only cant see Jamestown anywhere someone please tell me what I am doing wrong :(
Post edited by StephenC on

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 9,781Registered Users, Moderators
    edited August 2011
    Jamestown is your starting city/region capital. Move your mouse cursor over the various buildings you see on the campaign map and the names of the locations will be displayed in a box. There will be a location on the sea coast to the "screen" right of Jamestown, Click on the location and you will see several options displayed, one of which is to build a dockyard. Just select it and you are done.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
  • StephenCStephenC Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    My starting capital is Williamsburg ? The shipyard I have is Yorktown .............going mad trying to fiond where the hell i am supposed to build a port sorry to be a pain
  • McLManMcLMan Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    I just got the game myself. I had read this earlier and just started playing the Road to Independence campaign. I got the same directive, although I live very near Williamsburg and Jamestown and know that Yorktown is East of both. :o

Not_Jamestown.jpg
  • ColfaxColfax Senior Member Posts: 967Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Guys the RTI is just to help you warm up. Once you start playing the other campaigns and battles, I think you will really enjoy this game.
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
  • McLManMcLMan Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    I'm really liking it so far. I've been a long time Civilization player and had intrest in the total war series, just never pulled the trigger. I noticed Steam had ETW and NTW bundled for $30 and took the plunge. I really enjoy the battles. I will enjoy trying to get good at them. My biggest problem so far is I get so into what's going on in one part of the battlefield that I still have idle units waiting around at their start position.

I'm sure I'll have quite a few questions for you guys in the days ahead.
    edited August 2011
    Here is a much better way to get into this game.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/72-How-to-Build-the-British-Empire-Tips-and-Hints-for-GB

This is a list of Tips on how to play Great Britain. I think France and Great Britain are some of the best two starting factions in the game. There are so many anti Francophones out there that there is not a lot of info on playing the French Campaign. However, give them both a whirl.
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
  • Lord Yogi BearLord Yogi Bear Senior Member Posts: 375Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    I prefer the prussians as staring or the british
  • StephenCStephenC Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Thanks lads appreciate that
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Prussia is a good faction, but probably not a good choice for your very first Grand Campaign. You will find yourself with two divided provinces and surrounded by other countries that don't like you very much. Yes, your troops will be excellent, but you'll struggle to get as many onto the field as the Austrians, Poles, Swedes or even the French.
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    edited August 2011
    I like Prussia, but I just think its a terrible one to start with. Honestly, I stared with USA, and I thought the game was pretty mediocre. Then I played Prussia as my first time playing the normal Grand Campaign, and I was about ready to throw the game out and never play it again. Then I played GB, and I thought wow what an amazing game!