Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Terry Feedback General

2»

Comments

• MarukaMaruka Posts: 35Registered Users
    Doomon15 has posted about this elsewhere on the forum, but I thought it might be good to post it here as well.

Terry is great, but I do have a few things on my wishlist.

1. Prefabs
    There are a lot of prefabs available which we do not have access to. It would be great if we could get acces to more of these prefabs. Obviously it would also be amazing if we could create our own prefabs, as Doomon15 suggests as well.

2. Siege functionality
    In particular: The ability to create AI hints, fort perimeters, wall edges, fort area links etc. With the exception of Fort Perimiters, it is actually already possible to add all the siege functionaly in Terry after manually adding the AI hints etc. to a layer file. Fort Perimiters take most work currently, because we have to use a hex edit & PFM to add them.

3. Groups & transform/logic links
    Groups are useful, but you cannot edit their contents without ungrouping. Perhaps groups could use a system similar to the transform/logic link system, but that's not a huge priority for me.

More importantly, it would be very nice if we got the ability to transform-/logic-link objects in Terry. Currently this is possible and necessary for things like custom towers in order for the destruction effects to work correctly. Also for the emitters. Would be very much appreciated if it would be possible to do this in Terry, as this would make it much less cumbersome. As an example of what is possible using these links:

4. Vistas
    Would be nice to have all available vistas actually available in Terry. It's possible to use different environments such as the wood elf night environment, but this requires making a custom vista. Some of these environments are really nice, so it would be great if we could use them more easily!

5. Underway roads & Bridges
    Functional underway roads would be amazing, and would make it much more fun to create underground battles. I assume functional bridges will be included when TWW2 releases, and it would be great to have those as well.

6. Addition props
    I see an old question by Urgat asking whether it would be possible to add destroyed/intact warmachines to Terry as well. It would be nice if this would be added, seeing as that it is actually possible:

• DakkamanDakkaman Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi everyone! Have a big problem:

Recently, Terry for Total War Warhammer dod not export the maps I create.
    If I try to do it it fails and I get this note:

=== TerryTile / c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/e2568d07_b767_462f_af71_851e1428ef0d/test_map.terry ===
    Tile is not in the tile database

=====================================
    Duration: 0 msec(s)

=== Terrain / Tilemap (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/battles/e2568d07_b767_462f_af71_851e1428ef0d/) ===
    Conversion of terrain failed.

Duration: 126 msec(s)

I don't know what I have to do to fix it.... have anyone an idea?
  • GermanPartisanGermanPartisan Posts: 8Registered Users
    I have the exact same error when trying to export. This needs fixing. And an explanation ... how could it possible be that, when only using the games own tools and no costum assets (textures) that something is missing?

=== TerryTile / c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/e0d7f19a_a4cd_4fab_808b_5670a80e3835/tabletop1v1map1.terry ===

=== Terrain / Tilemap (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/battles/e0d7f19a_a4cd_4fab_808b_5670a80e3835/) ===

Duration: 97 msec(s)
  • ZarbonoZarbono Member Posts: 38Registered Users

I have the exact same error when trying to export. This needs fixing. And an explanation ... how could it possible be that, when only using the games own tools and no costum assets (textures) that something is missing?

=== TerryTile / c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/e0d7f19a_a4cd_4fab_808b_5670a80e3835/tabletop1v1map1.terry ===

=== Terrain / Tilemap (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/battles/e0d7f19a_a4cd_4fab_808b_5670a80e3835/) ===

Duration: 97 msec(s)

I am having this same issue. :( Kind of frustrating, I am running the Freshest install I can. I just reformatted My PC, and Warhammer and the Assembly Kit were the first things installed.
  • SkiZzO77SkiZzO77 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Same for me....

=== TerryTile / b:/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/39ba6bea_bf4b_4384_b1b6_578b8becd342/royecto1.terry ===

=== Terrain / Tilemap (b:/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/battles/39ba6bea_bf4b_4384_b1b6_578b8becd342/) ===

Duration: 190 msec(s)

• ZarbonoZarbono Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    SkiZzO77 said:

Same for me....

=== TerryTile / b:/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/39ba6bea_bf4b_4384_b1b6_578b8becd342/royecto1.terry ===

=== Terrain / Tilemap (b:/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/battles/39ba6bea_bf4b_4384_b1b6_578b8becd342/) ===

Duration: 190 msec(s)

This is may actually be do to the fact that there is a prop or building you are using that has no height map data so the conversion process fails at creating a correct Height map for the project. I had to troubleshoot this myself. For instance I am using underway road pieces, and they have no associated height map in the editor so the conversion fails when I try to export.

Since You don't seem to have an object listed in your Error Dialogue it maybe due to some irregularities in the ground sculpt, I would smooth out the rough terrain areas and try exporting again.

@CA_Whelan I have found through some trouble shooting there are no hieghtmaps associated with the Underway building meshes, and as such we cannot export maps using those road pieces. We can certainly export as props but then the meshes have no game logic, ie collision. On the battle map the models just sink right under the prop to the terrain below. Even filling in the Terrain under said prop doesn't make it feel like part of the maps since the models Feet are still clipping through the prop's mesh.

I feel its kind of disappointing that we can't make a proper Dwarf Road yet. Even with the release of the 2nd game just barely 2 months away.
    @Zarbono

I already tried to upload a completle empty map, I deleted even the reference prop and it gives me the same error....

Q @CA_Whelan can we hope that ther will be a fix for this? It's very frustraiting that people, who want to use the editor can't do it or can do it but can't upload their work!
  • DestroyToCreateDestroyToCreate Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    I am looking to create maps and play others have made. Would appreciate a link with Directions, correct/standard Directions, on how to Do this step by step. It is in regards to the terry assembly kit I believe but I am not even 100 percent sure. Some help in this area and educating me on the process with everything it entails will be welcomed.

Again as always thank you for this game. Looking forward to the next one at the end of the month.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,969Registered Users
    Please add more Environments for Vampire Counts. They got 3 Vistas and 3 Environments only.

Norsca has 5 or more I believe.

Empire has 7.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    i have a problem with terry i made a coastline map and done all the sea correct but whe ni load the map in custom battles to test some of the sea doesn't load properly not sure what the problem is or how to fix as it ruined 10 hours of work a couple of screenshots of what it looks like below

• myhomeofficemyhomeoffice Posts: 10Registered Users
    getting steam error 44 when trying to upload new mods or update old mods into steam workshop
    started to get this problem only recently, with new DLC
  • myhomeofficemyhomeoffice Posts: 10Registered Users
    aaand the problem somehow solved itself and now I can upload/update modes
  • Ballsack_fryerBallsack_fryer Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi can we have an option to increase the terrain size for the battle map editor?

For example you are able to increase playable area but the terrain will always be same size can we please make it bigger?
  • JorgeRioFJorgeRioF Posts: 66Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

If you have any problems with or suggestions for the Terry Battle Map Editor please submit them here for easier viewing. We can't promise any instant solves but it's good to have all the information in one place so we can access it all. Feel free to suggest features but do remember we are still in beta.

I have a problem when I use Terry to create a map for Total war Warhammer 2. When I try to add a deployment zone and save the map, an error pops up and it says something about "missing alliance".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file