Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bending the knee - GS update hint

Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,701
Ok I’m clutching at straw because I really want the next update to be a GS one and I particularly don’t want it to be a bretonnia one

Greenskins can’t trade, their economy is terrible. They don’t raid effectively and it’s hard to make money. What if bending the knee is a hint at a new mechanic where every time you beat a faction leader, you get the chance to subjugate that factions. Also similar to norsca, if you beat a GS faction leader, you get to confederate that GS subfaction

Please CA, we need some GS love

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,420
    Now we just need to look for golden goblets and fleur de lis. Quick dig deep in the lore for a fancy pants Orc warboss who likes the finer things in life :smile: !

I'm sorry to say I agree on the clutching at straws part :neutral: .
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,227
    RikRiorik said:

Now we just need to look for golden goblets and fleur de lis. Quick dig deep in the lore for a fancy pants Orc warboss who likes the finer things in life :smile: !

Yeah would be a funny description to frame us if it is really the GS rewirk. :lol:
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

RikRiorik said:

Yeah would be a funny description to frame us if it is really the GS rewirk. :lol:
    Maybe CA are trolling us with the pic... a reference to river and stone trolls being introduced 😂
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,898
    edited March 2019
    I think that the longer we wait for updates, the more will come in that update.

Dwarfs got what, forging and a kitbashed unit of slayers. Not a ton of stuff, but certainly nice to have. But the Dwarfs didn't need an update, they needed one less than Bretonnia does. Though they did get a lord moved.

Vampire Counts? Did they really need an update? They got some nice stuff, but they didn't need it really. Not like Empire and Greenskins! But I'd say they got more than the Dwarfs. Oh and a lord moved.

Bretonnia? I can't see them moving a Lord, and they do need some decent tweaks, maybe more than Dwarfs and VC did, outside of moving Lords. They're also coming with a Lord Pack DLC so I'm not sure how much we should expect.

My point is, to me it seems clear that CA has their own reason for the rework order and it pretty clearly isn't which faction "needs it most". Considering they know their business and their plans better than we do, maybe that is for the best, yes?

All we need to do is be patient.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 665
    200% Bretonia update.

• CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    OP, I like your optimism. The anarchist in me, sort of likes the idea that CA are just messing with us. But since I have put my planned Bret campaign on hold until the pack comes out, I do hope it is a Bret update.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 671
    Bend the knee to One True Git !!!

• ApolyonApolyon Registered Users Posts: 31
    The Bretonia update seems logic if we consider that Ikit starts on Skavenblight on ME. Ikit will be a supplementary constraint to bretonian realms. Playing Brets without update will be really difficult with Ikit and BM to the south, Lichmeister and Norsca to the north, Noctilus to the west and WE to the east. In that way of mind we could expect a BM update also.
    Apolyon said:

The Bretonia update seems logic if we consider that Ikit starts on Skavenblight on ME. Ikit will be a supplementary constraint to bretonian realms. Playing Brets without update will be really difficult with Ikit and BM to the south, Lichmeister and Norsca to the north, Noctilus to the west and WE to the east. In that way of mind we could expect a BM update also.

That is a good point.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,071
    It's obviously beastmen update, because you need to bend your knees before doing a barrel roll. Ghorhon confirmed.

Believe in humanity!
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,227
    edited March 2019
    Apolyon said:

If there are reworks coming not before game 3 release, it would be Norsca, WoC and beastmen. The latter 2 because of the most likely horde mechanic rework for DoC. Chaos themed focus of game 3 with very likely monogods. Juggernaut mount for WoC. And a possible ghorghon sharing animation with keeper of secrets.
    Norsca with a minimum of 4 new monster hunts in the new area, featuring one monster of each game 3 core race.

So we will very likely see all others (GS, Empire, WE) before them. So maybe a maximum of 3 dlcs after the upcoming LP for game 2?

Araby and Empire rework?
    Grom and Grim, GS rework?
    DoW and WE rework?

Maybe WE and Empire exchanged.

WoC and with game 3, monogod LP or own dlc
    Norsca and ME2 release
    BM with ogre LP or own dlc (hopefully standalone 2.0 BM CP)
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 739
    edited March 2019
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Apolyon said:

If there are reworks coming not before game 3 release, it would be Norsca, WoC and beastmen. The latter 2 because of the most likely horde mechanic rework for DoC. Chaos themed focus of game 3 with very likely monogods. Juggernaut mount for WoC. And a possible ghorghon sharing animation with keeper of secrets.
    Norsca with a minimum of 4 new monster hunts in the new area, featuring one monster of each game 3 core race.

So we will very likely see all others (GS, Empire, WE) before them. So maybe a maximum of 3 dlcs after the upcoming LP for game 2?

Araby and Empire rework?
    DoW and WE rework?

Norsca and ME2 release
    you had to post it here and create your own thread with almost the same copy-paste post?
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,974
    Reghis said:

_Mad_D0c_ said:

Apolyon said:

Araby and Empire rework?
    DoW and WE rework?

Norsca and ME2 release
    you had to post it here and create your own thread with almost the same copy-paste post?
    The internet wont run out of space
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    I would say its a shoe in as a greenskins new confederate mechanic similar to norsca. That screenshot though looks decidedly ungreen.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,443
    I would suggest if you are a fan kf Greenskin you should be **** happy it isnt with this update, LP have much smaller budget than CP, thus the smaller updates. Thats why bretonnia is getting it because they dont need a lot of things.

If it was Greenskins then you could expect nothing more than a new small campaign mechanic and maybe a reskin unit. Thats it.

Wait for the next CP where you will actually have a chance at having much more.

For the LADY !

• ApolyonApolyon Registered Users Posts: 31
    Kranox said:

LP have much smaller budget than CP, thus the smaller updates. Thats why bretonnia is getting it because they dont need a lot of things.

IMHO that's irrevelant, Old World Rework is a redline update program and has probably nothing to do with CP/LP budgets.
    Nonetheless, GS are probably the next rework after Bret's. If Araby - even if I consider it as a low probability option- is added, it makes sens that GS will be uptdated because it would strongly affect southland equilibrium.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    CA clearly left Warhammer 2 out to dry after Norsca, can't believe it's March 2019 and Skaven and Lizardmen are in the state they're in. I think the only greenskin update we will see any time in the future is about a whacky Shrek mod CA promotes for 3K
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    Empire and Greenskins need nothing compared to some of the other factions around. They both have good rosters and the Greenskins are kicking butt even without any updates, and some want more? Okey, Empire need atleast one more LL, but only one. We really need Nagash and Neferata.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
    Theo91 said:

Ok I’m clutching at straw because I really want the next update to be a GS one and I particularly don’t want it to be a bretonnia one

Greenskins can’t trade, their economy is terrible. They don’t raid effectively and it’s hard to make money. What if bending the knee is a hint at a new mechanic where every time you beat a faction leader, you get the chance to subjugate that factions. Also similar to norsca, if you beat a GS faction leader, you get to confederate that GS subfaction

Been a few here clutching at straws, so I agree with you. Seriously, both the Greenskins and the Empire have a lot more units than some, yet some whine on and on about it. I'm actually looking forward to a Bretonnia update, even though I've barely played them. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

• ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 739
    Lucifer said:

Theo91 said:

Been a few here clutching at straws, so I agree with you. Seriously, both the Greenskins and the Empire have a lot more units than some, yet some whine on and on about it. I'm actually looking forward to a Bretonnia update, even though I've barely played them. Makes perfect sense to me.
    you are literally asking for a 10 and 11 Vampire lord while empire and greenskins are missing a lot of units (you would actually understand that fact if you would check the lore instead of being ...well you) and their campaign mechanics are complete trash. like i said no idea, and a complete immunity to arguments
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

NeoYas said:

200% Bretonia update.

Absolutely! Bring it on I say.

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055
    @Reghis use this from the 8th Edition it's the Summary part of the Empire army book.

So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,413
    Please cut out the personal bickering and discuss the topic not each other.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,749
    edited March 2019
    Lucifer said:

Empire and Greenskins need nothing compared to some of the other factions around. They both have good rosters and the Greenskins are kicking butt even without any updates, and some want more? Okey, Empire need atleast one more LL, but only one. We really need Nagash and Neferata.

Wrong.

Quantity of units =/= quality of roster. Empire lacks a 4th LL, and lacks actual mechanics. The GS have broken mechanics and glaring holes in their roster they shouldn't have including a lack of an Orc melee hero, a lack of spears, and a lack of troll variants. In terms of need GS and Empire are head and shoulders above the rest.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!

Lucifer said:

Wrong.

Quantity of units =/= quality of roster. Empire lacks a 4th LL, and lacks actual mechanics. The GS have broken mechanics and glaring holes in their roster they shouldn't have. In terms of need GS and Empire are head and shoulders above the rest.
    Broken mechanics, yeah right. Another one that knows better than CA do, yet who are you?

edited March 2019
    Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

Wrong.

Quantity of units =/= quality of roster. Empire lacks a 4th LL, and lacks actual mechanics. The GS have broken mechanics and glaring holes in their roster they shouldn't have. In terms of need GS and Empire are head and shoulders above the rest.
    Broken mechanics, yeah right. Another one that knows better than CA do, yet who are you?
    Me? I'm Vanilla_Gorilla. Though I suggest @BillyRuffian's suggestion be followed and the topic is discussed.

We don't know what the people at CA think, they haven't expressed their views on it to my knowledge. That said it's quite obvious that WAAAAAGGGHHHH is a broken mechanic. From bugs, to it causing alliances to break up, to being completely ineffectual on the campaign map.

Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,701

Lucifer said:

Wrong.

Quantity of units =/= quality of roster. Empire lacks a 4th LL, and lacks actual mechanics. The GS have broken mechanics and glaring holes in their roster they shouldn't have including a lack of an Orc melee hero, a lack of spears, and a lack of troll variants. In terms of need GS and Empire are head and shoulders above the rest.
    Some of the other comments are pretty odd. You are exactly right that the empire and GS need an update most and I don’t think even CA is disagreeing with this. There won’t be any more undead updates for a long while given how much they’ve invested in them

This thread was supposed to be light hearted as I refused to accept that all the evidence is pointing to the next update being bretonnia (which clearly it is)
    edited March 2019
    Any more bickering here will result in infraction points and/or the thread being closed.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,420
    Lucifer said:

So far the OW updates have virtually only been about small changes and adding a bit of mechanical flair to a race and also about moving a single LL to create more factions and starting positions. Dwarfs got Giant Slayers though and VC got new Lord variants. The Empire’s only defining mechanic is their Imperial Offices which qualifies them as the least intricate race mechanics wise in game. Even their offices are lacklustre now when the Coast have an even broader office mechanic on top of the rest of their uniqueness. So from that standpoint they have needed it quite a bit for a looong time.

Whatever else a race might need apart from mechanics and a possible new starting position so far there is no indication that they’ll recieve it in an OW update. And if they do eventually move either Volkmar or Gelt out of Altdorf instead of adding a new LL I’ll be quite disappointed. But I doubt that a new LL would come with an OW update unless they decide to do a DLC or FLC alongside it.

As for Neferata and Nagash, sure they should be in eventually. And I reckon they will be. But in game 3. As for now we don’t NEED any more undead (at least not of the Vampiric Corruption causing kind). I think the market is quite saturated and we’re all a little fatigued. I like Vamps a lot but even I am aching for anything but Vampires right about now.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    Theo91 said:

Lucifer said:

Wrong.

Some of the other comments are pretty odd. You are exactly right that the empire and GS need an update most and I don’t think even CA is disagreeing with this. There won’t be any more undead updates for a long while given how much they’ve invested in them

This thread was supposed to be light hearted as I refused to accept that all the evidence is pointing to the next update being bretonnia (which clearly it is)
    I too hope the Chalice is held by Grimgor after taking it from cold Brettonian hands.
This discussion has been closed.