Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the Teams are Working on February 2019

Comments

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,081

We really don't need the Realm of Chaos... imagine Athel Loren in XXL with a 90 to 95% Attrition rate. For everyone, aside maybe the most powerful Chaos Lords and of course for Daemons.

FUUUUUUN. And it also likely wouldn't constantly change as the Realm of Chaos would do.

The Realm of Chaos could be an 'Mini-Campaign Map' and/or factions would have an tech for that.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,684
    Tayvar said:

Game 1 launched with 2 good and 2 evil races as core. Same for game 2. In these games the Empire and HE are the mist popular by wide margins.

I highly doubt they'll shift from the successful formula to go all evil, especially to Chaos when Chaos has proven unpopular.

Happily with this Ogre or Chaos Dwarf hint it looks like they're going down the right path.

Chaos have a lot of lore and cool models, it's all that matters, all the main 'good factions's are already in the game and CA is not going to sell those factions twice, so Monogods Armies make total sense.
    If they want to fallout 76 the game.

If it's a good idea to make 7 races from 3 Chaos army books why not apply that logic to other races? By this logic we should be wanting at least 2 races for every single army book.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,951

Tayvar said:

Game 1 launched with 2 good and 2 evil races as core. Same for game 2. In these games the Empire and HE are the mist popular by wide margins.

I highly doubt they'll shift from the successful formula to go all evil, especially to Chaos when Chaos has proven unpopular.

Happily with this Ogre or Chaos Dwarf hint it looks like they're going down the right path.

Chaos have a lot of lore and cool models, it's all that matters, all the main 'good factions's are already in the game and CA is not going to sell those factions twice, so Monogods Armies make total sense.

If it's a good idea to make 7 races from 3 Chaos army books why not apply that logic to other races? By this logic we should be wanting at least 2 races for every single army book.
    Well, Nagash is that, I and some others have personally argued that Savage Orcs as a race have potential looking at their map presence and missing units and someone has argued for Clan Moulder to be a game 3 race. Amazons and Albion also get thrown around a lot without any armybooks. And even you have pulled Cathay who has no depictions other than written text whatsoever outside of 1st and 2nd editions.

This is not even as drastic a proposal as we've seen on these forums.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,905
    That wasn't at all what was wrong with 76. If CA made it that way what was given would at least be fleshed out. 76 was a MMO with effectively no real NPCs or story for a game that already gave all that. This would still be a game with armies fighting.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Registered Users Posts: 433

Tayvar said:

So you are against Monos, confirmed.
    Also not having Monogods will Diablo Immortal the game. The amount of their stuff is insane.

Wut? Do you know the difference between the 4 Gods?
    And also CA created Norsca from zero and they also said Norsca their best race of the series.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,241
    edited March 2019
    Edit: Alright everyone! Stay on topic.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Back to topic and back to celebrating the cooking reference which is for Ogres!
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 355
    Ares354 said:

Tayvar said:

So no update for WoC make sense. No new units, or Gods units for WoC.
    Monogods are not only Daemons, that's DoC.

Monogods have both Daemons, Gods-Warriors and Gods-Beastmen. That's one of the main reasons why people want Monogods, because with only DoC we will never have those units.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

Back to topic and back to celebrating the cooking reference which is for Ogres!

I'm not against your theory, but that one, the 'slaving over a hot mocap studio', is a strong reference to the Dawi Zharr.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Dwarf

All their Lore revolves around slaves, hot forges, flames...

I think the hint could realistically be for either Chaos Dwarfs or Ogres, with in my case a lean towards Chaos Dwarfs.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

I think the hint could realistically be for either Chaos Dwarfs or Ogres, with in my case a lean towards Chaos Dwarfs.

Nah, it's clearly a Dawi Zharr hint. The Ogre Kingdom's lore is not so focused on hot/fire and slaves like the Chaos Dwarfs are. Not even close.

Canuovea said:

Nah, it's clearly a Dawi Zharr hint. The Ogre Kingdom's lore is not so focused on hot/fire and slaves like the Chaos Dwarfs are. Not even close.
    Yet the phrase the hint references is all about cooking, and Ogres do indeed like cooking. Or, well, eating at least.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,951
    edited March 2019
    Given a choice of race I would also say Chaos Dwarves. Though looking at it as a whole the post looks very internally disconnected.

I'll leave it until next hint which might highlight which of these interpretations is accurate. I mean, there were several for the Northern Chaos Wastes so I'd expect they do this again.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Yet the phrase the hint references is all about cooking.
    It isn't.

• karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    Canuovea said:

I hope they remove the green tide event from Bretonnian factions. It's dull to grind the same stack into the dust at always the same positions for 20 turns.

As is, only Louen can actually stop it from happening too. I'd not mind having it, though, since grind for Lord levels and so vows.
    I wouldnt mind it being removed.

From memory it was there to give you something to do while you researched confederation tech.

With Kemmler and vampirates now around (plus pre exisiting Mousillon and Norsca) I feel that role is filled.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,736
    zinsncabs said:

RikRiorik said:

There’s a lot of talk about a new legendary lord, keep in mind that there is no precedence for this with the other FLC updates for Old World factions. A new LL would mean quest battles and dialogue, I really don’t see this as possible.

Likely it will be a new mechanic, possibly a tweak of the green knight mechanic and maybe a new unit ala Giant Slayers.

Yeah I think something like a new LL would be a FLC and marketed specifically as such for extra good will.
    As much as I’d like to Bohemond Beastslayer, there’s virtually no chance that this update will add a LL. Those who think otherwise are kidding themselves. He could come later, but he’d part of a DLC that added LLs to various factions.

We’ll see a new mechanic - grail quest or crusade feature, tech changes possibly, new landmarks and a change to the Green Knight to make him more useful. I don’t see a new unit, but we could also see a change to things like the Bretonnian garrisons and economy. That’s about it.
    I don’t think the odds of a LL coming or new units are good. Just something I’d want. A new faction, LL and/or a unit and a mechanic would get me fairly excited for a bretonnia update. I think odds are we will just get a mechanic. Still holding out hope though...
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    edited March 2019
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

Amonkhet said:

Monogods is a stupid idea. Four chaos factions at launch won't happen, it needs variety.

Monogods are an great idea, and CA had already released an games like Total War: Shogun 2.
    I mean they have but warhammer brings with it much higher expectations around variety.
    Monogods Armies would have enough variety, and Chaos have enough Lore and Models for that.
    No just no as although they do look kind of different they are all variations of the same daemon theme and the fact you think otherwise is simply confirmation bias on your part.

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

It isn't.
    Google "slaving Iver a hot" and tell me it's not a common idiom referencing cooking.

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

It isn't.
    The idiom is "slaving over a hot stove". Stoves are used for cooking. I have seen "slaving over a hot forge" but it is rarer.

That being said, I think that CA mostly focuses on word associations rather than the idioms themselves. The idiom "worth their salt" may well have dealt with mercenaries, but the association was clearly meant to be about salt water or brine.

And in the end arguing about it is pointless because it could be either. Whoever wrote it might think more along my lines or along Vanilla Gorilla's lines. No knowing.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,869
    Well, probably they are doing the easiest updates first. It kinda makes sense.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,393
    Y´all are SO wrong about that hint it´s almost hilarious......."Slaving over a hot" clearly have this ending: Deamonette
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,760
    Reeks said:

Y´all are SO wrong about that hint it´s almost hilarious......."Slaving over a hot" clearly have this ending: Deamonette

You can cook Daemons? Will have to take measurements to see if one fits in the pot.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,316
    Reeks said:

What do you mean ? Clearly it's "Slaving over a hot.. puss filled garden of pestilence"
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,393
    For Sigmar what did i open up for with my previous post :s:D

Clearly did´nt think it through
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,283
    Reeks said:

For Sigmar what did i open up for with my previous post :s:D

Clearly did´nt think it through

You opened up foul heresy. Now you must repent by discovering what Fatshark have planned with the Beastmen with their Wind of Magic thing planned for the summer.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,767
    The Chaos Dwarfs do actually cook slaves/captives in special ovens for the purpose of sacrifice, magic and unique ingredients. Although the more simple idea would be the Ogres.
    The simplest solution is most often right

This fellas been slaving hard over his pot full of flesh n bones.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    "Slaving over a hot"

Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,283

And these fellas have been slaving hard over that pot getting it ready to fire.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

And these fellas have been slaving hard over that pot getting it ready to fire.
    Nawww, you lil fellas are welcome in the Ogre kingdoms. Cook well and you won't be cooked.