Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Stupid Missionarys

ImpsoftImpsoft Junior MemberPosts: 25Registered Users
edited August 2011 in Empire: Total War
How dumb are the missionary in this game?

Ok so I was playing a U.S campaign and I was off the take control of Texas and the rest of the sub continet after taking the whole north of the Americas and I come across with missionarys preaching in thw wild. Missionary in the wild? Really? Jesus Christ what are they thinking. Some are Spanish some French and 1 of them English and it happens from time to time. I really don't understand, what do they get out of preaching there. And no they do not go through the wilderness to go to other places.

I will post a pic when I have the time.

Right now discuss or point out any of your views.
Post edited by Impsoft on

Comments

• ColfaxColfax Senior Member Posts: 967Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Yep welcome to the AI world. They will die off, or just build one of your churces in that territory and it will ever so slowly start destroying there stats. Its just a strategy the AI has hoping to get a rebellion in your territory.
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
  • Crazy SteveCrazy Steve Senior Member Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, the AI turned down the quality of Empire. The AI's agents in S2TW actually do something.
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,842Registered Users, Moderators
    edited August 2011
    If it's any consolation, this is historically very accurate. The French missionaries, at least, were very active in the deep wilderness among the native population. They often disappeared to the wilderness for years and stayed among some very hostile tribes, including the Mohawks of the Iroquois.
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora
  • ImpsoftImpsoft Junior Member Posts: 25Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Colfax wrote: »
    Yep welcome to the AI world. They will die off, or just build one of your churces in that territory and it will ever so slowly start destroying there stats. Its just a strategy the AI has hoping to get a rebellion in your territory.
    But the thing is no one owns the wilderness.
  • ColfaxColfax Senior Member Posts: 967Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Post the Screen Shot. I would love to see this.
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.