Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What should be next in line after the Skaven/Lizard/Bretonnia DLC?

MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
edited March 11 in General Discussion
As the title suggests, I want to know what is the most important to you if u could decide the next DLC.
Meaning: A Lord pack and Patching/Rework of one of the old races similar to the upcoming DLC.

My suggestion would be Empire LL / Rework offices + Units, Beastman LL + new units and an Update for the Greenskins.
Reason Bases on Campaign:
- Empire needs to move up to four LL's and the offices need an update compared to the VC or something different.
- Beastman needs to move up to four LL's and the location would be Lustria and new units.
- Greenskins needs an update/patch but has four LL's atm so that is not a priority over others. some units/hero would be nice.

My second suggestion would be: instead of the Beastman: Bretonnia LL + new units and a rework of the Green Knight in a Rite / Battle summon with a talent tech tree to make him relevant in the late game. Based on the campaign.
Reason: Probably the hardest faction in the campaign right now and it will get worse when the Skaven pop up with their new LL and units, also Three LL's atm, also an old race and has a broken Green Knight that gets assassinated and is useless late game.

Let me know your thoughts on this and what would be your ideal DLC after Skaven/Lizardman/Bretonnia update.
and please let me know for Multiplayer or for Campaign if it is relevant.

Thanks allot.

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,560Registered Users
    You're way to optimistic.

Next DLC after the LL pack will be a race DLC. Which race exactly we dont know.

Rework is uncertain too. Since its a race pack i guess something major. Empire or Greenskins.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    Aryndelin said:

Rework is uncertain too. Since its a race pack i guess something major. Empire or Greenskins.

Did CA state it will be a race DLC next?

If so, it would probably be Araby, since the Dogs of War have Ogres in their roster and Ogres will be in TW:Warhammer 3
  • alex505_alex505_ Posts: 84Registered Users
    Wood Elves and Beastmen unfortunately are not going to receive anything major, if anything, due to them being DLC for a different game.

Empire and Greenskins on the other hand need some work, Empire being the first due to the popularity of them. There are so many possible exciting opportunities they could do that people would throw their money at but unfortunately other things come first. A new startpos in the new world or southlands, a reworked offices/elector counts mechanic, 4th LL etc. Id like some sort of unique confederation mechanic that asks to you to perform certain mission in order to confederate with the relevant province. IDK I only play the game but they need something.

In terms of a race pack for the vortex, honestly god knows. Albion, Amazons.....nah. Have to be DoW wouldnt it.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    Nothing is known but give me Araby or give me Southern Realms. These days I’m good with whichever as long as it is sweet content. Though slight preference for Araby as it would constitute something new and undiscovered for me personally. Also the Mortal Empire Southlands, while not as interesting as the Vortex Southlands is still my favourite part of the map.

I have no preference on update for an Old World race really except I would really like to be enticed back into playing the Empire again. Have yet to really play them in TWW2.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,372Registered Users
    I think it should be DoW, tough I think Araby is more likely weirdly, since they got a better place in game 2 map while DoW could fot in wh3

• Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,439Registered Users
    Next in line could be just be WH3 in which the Empire update would be released before the WH3 release and the said changes would be present when the Empire is made as a playable faction in the main campaign.

I won't diss on a new race if added, unlike some people who outright hated the vampire coast, however I just don't have a great connection to the remaining choices over the likes of Kislev or Ogre Kingdoms.
  • ChristianT82ChristianT82 Posts: 53Registered Users
    I hope for a more human centric army DLC.
    Marker said:

Aryndelin said:

If so, it would probably be Araby, since the Dogs of War have Ogres in their roster and Ogres will be in TW:Warhammer 3
    Well not, but yes haha if we just look at their pattern, they have only released LP for the main game faction, doing a wh2 DLC for only wh1 race will not happen, because they could not even be played by wh2 owners, only ME owner would be able to, CA also said they dont want to do DLC for DLC and frankly I agree. They could do a ME Update pack with multiple new LL for OW race, but that would probably be a wh1 DLC that would translate in the ME map, tough there is no precedent.

• 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 792Registered Users
    Keep in mind we're probably talking about something that will take upwards of 6 months to be release from now and possibly be available in fall or winter. I'd like CA to surprise me, but not the Vampire coast kind of surprise.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 433Registered Users
    A Crossgame DLC would be a good idea. But DoW/Southern Realms is good, too.

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 906Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Marker said:

Aryndelin said:

Well not, but yes haha if we just look at their pattern, they have only released LP for the main game faction, doing a wh2 DLC for only wh1 race will not happen, because they could not even be played by wh2 owners, only ME owner would be able to, CA also said they dont want to do DLC for DLC and frankly I agree. They could do a ME Update pack with multiple new LL for OW race, but that would probably be a wh1 DLC that would translate in the ME map, tough there is no precedent.
    Where did CA say that they're not doing DLC for DLC? I remember Grace saying on Reddit that CA had no such policy like that.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,007Registered Users
    I would suggest being wary about the next DLC after the Lord Pack. Mostly, I don't believe it to be the preorder. I don't believe they would drop it as if it was hyped and Warhammer 3 is so far off that I believe there will be another nonPreorder to fill the gap.

And the couple comments on it make me wonder if they're going to try something.

I'd prefer a traditional campaign pack with DoW myself.
    Bonutz619 said:

Kranox said:

Marker said:

Aryndelin said:

Where did CA say that they're not doing DLC for DLC? I remember Grace saying on Reddit that CA had no such policy like that.
    They said it in a Q&A or reddit stuff, or maybe on these forums, they clearly said they didnt want to do thoss kind kf things when people were going for Beastmen Update with Ghorgon and other units. And the community was in agreement with this as it would promote releasing half ass DLC to make another later, its bad buisness practice, hence why they are doing those OW updates as FLC. You can go search for it, I dont have that kind of time and its not me that needs proofs

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,770Registered Users

Next in line could be just be WH3 in which the Empire update would be released before the WH3 release and the said changes would be present when the Empire is made as a playable faction in the main campaign.

I won't diss on a new race if added, unlike some people who outright hated the vampire coast, however I just don't have a great connection to the remaining choices over the likes of Kislev or Ogre Kingdoms.

CA has explicitly stated that the Lord Pack is not the last DLC for Game 2. Likely DoW or Araby, but it could also be whichever pre-order bonus they’re going to do

Additionally, skepticism about a playable Empire as a Game 3 starting race aside (of which I have plenty).... I think you’re heavily over estimating the scope of the rework Empire is going to get in Game 2.

Empire might get lightly touched up, but don’t expect any new LL’s created from scratch (maybe Boris just cuz he already has a model...although I personally think we’re just going to get a new start position for an existing Lord), don’t expect more than one or two reskinned units, and only one additional campaign mechanic.

^^At MOST!

I don’t understand why people keep expecting these drastic overhauls. VC and Dwarfs have given us the precedent of what to expect. Dwarfs got a new start pos, one reskinned unit, one new mechanic. VC got one new start pos, and one new mechanic that included some reskinned lords.

Yet somehow, with that precedent, people are expecting all kinds of new, from scratch LL’s, multiple new campaign mechanics and tons of knightly orders and units. Just....no. They’re getting a new start pos with an existing/reskinned lord, one new mechanic, and maybe ONE knightly order. That’s it.

Your theory that the Empire rework is going to be so advanced it will get it up to Game 3 launch standards is...well...naively optimistic at best. These Game 2 Old World updates have been light touch ups. Not full fledged overhauls.

If Empire is going to be a Game 3 launch race (which I doubt) that actually bodes poorly for the chances Empire gets a Game 2 rework at all. As they’re not likely to rework the Empire twice (once tiny, once major). And if they’re only going to do one major rework, it won’t be as Game 2 FLC. That would devalue what they’re trying to sell and get people to buy for Game 3. So IF you’re correct that Empire is going to be Game 3 launch playable, that would indirectly imply Empire won’t be touched until Game 3 launches.

• darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 161Registered Users
    as some others have said the next lord pack isn't the last dlc but i don't want anymore race packs i wanted them to focus on the older factions giving them some extra love as they they can add more stuff to them before warhammer 3 comes out.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    My wish would be DoW or Araby for next DLC, dont actually care which of the two as both would be really cool. Something else that would be cool is a greenskin alternate faction, similar to what the vamp coast is to the vamp counts. Would be cool to see southland/new world greenskins with new units and mechanics.
  • OgrechubbsOgrechubbs Posts: 95Registered Users
    edited March 11
    Ogres ogres and maybe ogres

But to really impress people they should add ogres since they left beastman as a NPC race with half their units.

Also they never said ogres will be in 3 so they can still fix their several year old mistake by adding ogres in now.
  • PdcGunnerPdcGunner Posts: 337Registered Users
    In my opinion, We would be very lucky if we got any new LL's for old world races for free.

I can see one new unit as the most we could get out of. more likely mechanics changes and balancing.
  • PdcGunnerPdcGunner Posts: 337Registered Users
    Marker said:

- Beastman needs to move up to four LL's and the location would be Lustria and new units.

also Beastmen in Lustria? they were pretty much exterminated by Lizardmen was not even NPC beastmen appear in Lustria.

Naggaroth is much more likely.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 792Registered Users
    CA messed up by not making 2 and 3 expansion packs. They could have done major overhauls and add new units to older factions in form of DLC. Not updating WH1 and soon 2 when 3 releases along with their no DLC for DLC policy has put them in an awkward position. Also a better optimized and polished ME map without the Vortex campaign, which they now have to abide by when releasing new factions.
    I don't know if the few dollars they squeezed from WH2 and making it a standalone game with it's own campaign were worth it. Now they have to jump through some loopholes and find an explanation on how to update old factions . These FLC updates aren't major and things exclusive to WH2 factions like rites to justify the standalone game price have made balance a mess.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,935Registered Users
    After the next Skaven/lizzy LP is unleashed i would love to see N'Kari spew forth a host of Slaanesh demons directed at the feeble pointy ears on that island of theirs.
    Valkaar said:

CA has explicitly stated that the Lord Pack is not the last DLC for Game 2. Likely DoW or Araby, but it could also be whichever pre-order bonus they’re going to do

Additionally, skepticism about a playable Empire as a Game 3 starting race aside (of which I have plenty).... I think you’re heavily over estimating the scope of the rework Empire is going to get in Game 2.

Empire might get lightly touched up, but don’t expect any new LL’s created from scratch (maybe Boris just cuz he already has a model...although I personally think we’re just going to get a new start position for an existing Lord), don’t expect more than one or two reskinned units, and only one additional campaign mechanic.

^^At MOST!

I don’t understand why people keep expecting these drastic overhauls. VC and Dwarfs have given us the precedent of what to expect. Dwarfs got a new start pos, one reskinned unit, one new mechanic. VC got one new start pos, and one new mechanic that included some reskinned lords.

Yet somehow, with that precedent, people are expecting all kinds of new, from scratch LL’s, multiple new campaign mechanics and tons of knightly orders and units. Just....no. They’re getting a new start pos with an existing/reskinned lord, one new mechanic, and maybe ONE knightly order. That’s it.

Your theory that the Empire rework is going to be so advanced it will get it up to Game 3 launch standards is...well...naively optimistic at best. These Game 2 Old World updates have been light touch ups. Not full fledged overhauls.

If Empire is going to be a Game 3 launch race (which I doubt) that actually bodes poorly for the chances Empire gets a Game 2 rework at all. As they’re not likely to rework the Empire twice (once tiny, once major). And if they’re only going to do one major rework, it won’t be as Game 2 FLC. That would devalue what they’re trying to sell and get people to buy for Game 3. So IF you’re correct that Empire is going to be Game 3 launch playable, that would indirectly imply Empire won’t be touched until Game 3 launches.

Agree some people expect a DLC as a FLC wich is not how it works

• Cronik2kCronik2k Posts: 89Registered Users
    Araby race pack with a re-work to Empire would be my preference next.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 621Registered Users
    Next DLC? Araby race or campaign pack. I want TEB/DoW, but they could come either this game or the third game. For Araby it’s more or less now or never.

As for an Old World race makeover, I want it to be the Empire, but in addition to mechanics, it needs at least one more LL with a brand new startpos and I don’t see that happening unless it’s released as part of a separate DLC. So, I think another race is more likely.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 848Registered Users
    Please please please Dogs of War with Asarnil the Dragonlord upgraded to LL status with his Mount Deathfang. We need Ogre Mercenaries for those who want the OK in WH3 as a taster.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    To be honest as much as I love the race packs I'd prefer if they just focused on old faction updates for a while maybe adding a free unit/LL here and there to balance them out more.

• LeafyhLeafyh Posts: 39Registered Users
    DOW of war is a must way more than Araby if you take the state of ME in consideration. Badlands already feel full with GS, TK, Dwarfs and the filler factions. Southern Realms in the other hand, are single handed the most boring and weak place in the map. Estalia get steam rolled by noctilus in 5 turns (literally happened to me in the belegar campaign i started yesterday) Tilea is just there to give a free settlements to Aranessa, and the Border Princes is an hit or miss either they just get engulfed by GS or last around if the player is close enough to get the AI attention and help them out (and that is only beacause they start with 4 cities {i think}.

Funny enough tho, Wissenland is ranked 10 power in my Belegar campaign and is holding off the vampires by themselves.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,323Registered Users
    I would love to see Araby still make an appearance in Game 2. That would be great !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users

CA messed up by not making 2 and 3 expansion packs. They could have done major overhauls and add new units to older factions in form of DLC. Not updating WH1 and soon 2 when 3 releases along with their no DLC for DLC policy has put them in an awkward position. Also a better optimized and polished ME map without the Vortex campaign, which they now have to abide by when releasing new factions.
    I don't know if the few dollars they squeezed from WH2 and making it a standalone game with it's own campaign were worth it. Now they have to jump through some loopholes and find an explanation on how to update old factions . These FLC updates aren't major and things exclusive to WH2 factions like rites to justify the standalone game price have made balance a mess.

No DLCs for DLCs is a positive thing, no matter what people say. I don't want them even if it means having suboptimal rosters and mechanics. It's too prone to exploitation.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users

No DLCs for DLCs is a positive thing, no matter what people say. I don't want them even if it means having suboptimal rosters and mechanics. It's too prone to exploitation.
    Really? You can't be serious.
    You'd rather suboptimal rosters and mechanics?
    No one is forcing you to pay for it.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game