Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Desync Issues In Co-op Campaign

yolo_swagginsyolo_swaggins Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7
edited August 2015 in Multiplayer
Me and my friend have been playing a co-op campaign, and roughly on turn 100, we both get this message:
"the host has left the game", with another message box behind it with the options to resync.

We have tried copying and replacing from my friend's (the host) latest save game with mine, but no dice. We have tried loading different saves, also no dice.

>As much of the General Helpful Information as possible;
I am playing as the Franks, friend is the Saxons
I have viking forefathers dlc, he does not
I have wifi, I think he does too
Neither of us have mods
We're both playing in english
We are both using steam chat, not in game voice chat

My specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-6100

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX PLUS (AM3R2)

Graphics
HK241DPB ([email protected])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

>All lobby settings selected/chosen;
Turn-time:Unlimited
battle time limit:60 mins
Default battle resolution: Play Battle
Unit Size: ultra
Show Ai player moves: limited
Auto-resolve all battles: unticked
Unit sizes: Ultra
My difficulty: Hard
Friends difficulty: Normal

>Step by step method to reproduce for each participant (the more detailed the better);
We load the latest save, it is my friends turn
My friend ends his turn
The AI are doing their turns
The desync happens at the Ebdanians turn

>If a Desync report is produced then that should also be provided by both player; (It can be found here: Windows explorer then type %Appdata% (open the following folders) > Roaming > The Creative Assembly > *CA Game Name* > Logs --- Please bear in mind you might not have a Roaming folder in which case please open the next folder)
There are two .txt files here, desync_report.txt and replay_desync.txt, I'll post both

desync_report.txt:
Campaign DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 619
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\attila.exe
IN SYNC:
Friend
OO SYNC:
Me

LOG FOR TICK 619 (sum C5248E41, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
0: CAMPAIGN_MODEL::advance_turn_after_all_end_turn_phases_handled 314920CA 0 0 LINE 3432 entry 0 (11) checksum C5248E41

replay_desync.txt:
EPLAY DESYNC AT TICK 8747

LOG FOR TICK 8747 (sum 35F7C, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
0: MANAGER::set_battle_phase D 0 0 LINE 8060 entry 0 (183) checksum 35F7C

>Save games can be provided if possible;
I sorted the multiplayer savegames by most recently modified and tried to attach autosave.save_multiplayer, but it won't let me upload it, so here's this
multiplayer_campaign_3db8cfa_0.save_multiplayer

>Was the Desync Resync popup shown? If yes, did the game Resync successfully? If no, what happened instead?
The desync option popped up, but only after it said "the host has left the game", so we could not do anything

>Did the Desync occur during the AI turn or during a players turn?
It happened during the AI turn, specifically the Ebdanians.
Post edited by yolo_swaggins on

Comments

• yolo_swagginsyolo_swaggins Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    So me and my friend tried reloading a save 2-3 turns from our desync error, and some things changed

First, the resync that we did a turn prior (that actually let us resync) to our "host has left game"/desync error didn't happen, so we thought that was a good sign

Then we got to the cutscene that let us know that Attila was now leading the Huns, that's when I got a grey screen and unlike before, pressing the escape key didn't make it go away, I was stuck at the grey screen and couldn't do anything. We tried loading it again and the same thing.

TLDR; to get around the "host has left game"/desync **** we loaded an earlier save, and now we have a grey screen error instead

So I guess the grey screen and "host has left game" errors are related or something? Does this help?

EDIT: we made it past the grey screen after trying a couple times more, but when we got to turn 100 the same host has left error happened again...

I tried looking at the error report after doing the above, and now it says this:

Campaign DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 2079
    IN SYNC:
    Me
    OO SYNC:
    Friend

LOG FOR TICK 2079 (sum A3CDFD71, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
    0: CAMPAIGN_MODEL::advance_turn_after_all_end_turn_phases_handled 328F37C0 0 0 LINE 3432 entry 0 (12) checksum A3CDFD71

So now I'm in sync and my friend's out of sync, I guess?
  • KuikkaKuikka Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2015
    We have desync issues about every 10 turn or so in coop campaign :( this seems quite unstable for some reason. It doesn't seem bug to certain turn, although we have had few issues when those cutscenes came (I saw the custscenes but he didn't and game crashed later). Desync always happens during AI turn and we have to exchange saves.
  • ShintaiShintai Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    edited March 2015
    Also experienced desync at turn 101 here. We tried copy over the savegame as well. Still no luck.

Tried to load an earlier game and got desync as well, tho different AI turn.

Examples of 2 desyncs, 101 turn.

Alamans turn:

NO_ENV DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 545
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\attila.exe
    IN SYNC:
    Friend
    OO SYNC:
    Me
    (Failed to find logger for game tick 545)

Huns turn:
    Campaign DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 943
    IN SYNC:
    ME
    OO SYNC:
    Friend
    LOG FOR TICK 943 (sum 246B3814, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
    0: CAMPAIGN_MODEL::report_pre_battle()
    i7 6700K, MZI Z170I Gaming AC Pro, Crucial 2x8GB 2400Mhz, MSI GTX 1080.
  • nop277nop277 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    me and a friend of mine have had this same issue, seems to be somewhat common. I get the feeling it'll be a couple months before it's fixed though
  • DarkRangerDarkRanger Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Yeah this happened to us as well.. Co-op campaign, Franks/Saxons.. 101 turn, we get the desync issue.

A few turns earlier, we did get a desync rejoin thingy, where it syncs our games back together after a network drop which I thought was extremely clever.

We have tried a few things before ending that turn and sometimes it changes the faction it desyncs on, however we cannot pass it so we are stuck from here until its addressed. Anyone with any ideas?
  • ShintaiShintai Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    edited March 2015
    Desync at 101 seems common. I guess its due to the cinematics.

We had to reload a save 5 turns back before we could progress. Plus a ingame resync after the cinematics.
    i7 6700K, MZI Z170I Gaming AC Pro, Crucial 2x8GB 2400Mhz, MSI GTX 1080.
  • DanJLloydDanJLloyd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Me and a friend are also playing Saxons/Franks. However, we're on turn 143 (I think?) and we've had desyncs in the past but a quick reload and it's fine. However, now we have a new and apparently permanent issue.

An Ebdanian agent tries to perform an action against one of my priestesses when it's the AI's turn and the game desyncs then. But I when I reloaded it, killed his agent, and let the AI have their turn, it got past the Ebdanians but got to some other faction and desynced when they declared war on me.

It seems as though this save is broken until the issues get fixed.
  • SPECOPxSPECOPx Member Registered Users Posts: 45
    edited March 2015
    My friend and I are at turn 120 and we are having the same issue on it desyncing every time around the WRE - Ebdanians turn.
  • gly3608gly3608 Member Registered Users Posts: 109
    edited April 2015
    Me and my friend have been playing a co-op campaign, and roughly on turn 100, we both get this message:
    "the host has left the game", with another message box behind it with the options to resync.

We have tried copying and replacing from my friend's (the host) latest save game with mine, but no dice. We have tried loading different saves, also no dice.

>As much of the General Helpful Information as possible;
    I am playing as the Franks, friend is the Saxons
    I have viking forefathers dlc, he does not
    I have wifi, I think he does too
    Neither of us have mods
    We're both playing in english
    We are both using steam chat, not in game voice chat

My specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-6100

RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX PLUS (AM3R2)

Graphics
    HK241DPB ([email protected])
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

>All lobby settings selected/chosen;
    Turn-time:Unlimited
    battle time limit:60 mins
    Default battle resolution: Play Battle
    Unit Size: ultra
    Show Ai player moves: limited
    Auto-resolve all battles: unticked
    Unit sizes: Ultra
    My difficulty: Hard
    Friends difficulty: Normal

>Step by step method to reproduce for each participant (the more detailed the better);
    We load the latest save, it is my friends turn
    My friend ends his turn
    The AI are doing their turns
    The desync happens at the Ebdanians turn

>If a Desync report is produced then that should also be provided by both player; (It can be found here: Windows explorer then type %Appdata% (open the following folders) > Roaming > The Creative Assembly > *CA Game Name* > Logs --- Please bear in mind you might not have a Roaming folder in which case please open the next folder)
    There are two .txt files here, desync_report.txt and replay_desync.txt, I'll post both

desync_report.txt:
    Campaign DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 619
    IN SYNC:
    Friend
    OO SYNC:
    Me

LOG FOR TICK 619 (sum C5248E41, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
    0: CAMPAIGN_MODEL::advance_turn_after_all_end_turn_phases_handled 314920CA 0 0 LINE 3432 entry 0 (11) checksum C5248E41

replay_desync.txt:
    EPLAY DESYNC AT TICK 8747

LOG FOR TICK 8747 (sum 35F7C, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
    0: MANAGER::set_battle_phase D 0 0 LINE 8060 entry 0 (183) checksum 35F7C

>Save games can be provided if possible;
    I sorted the multiplayer savegames by most recently modified and tried to attach autosave.save_multiplayer, but it won't let me upload it, so here's this
    multiplayer_campaign_3db8cfa_0.save_multiplayer

>Was the Desync Resync popup shown? If yes, did the game Resync successfully? If no, what happened instead?
    The desync option popped up, but only after it said "the host has left the game", so we could not do anything

>Did the Desync occur during the AI turn or during a players turn?
    It happened during the AI turn, specifically the Ebdanians.
    So me and my friend tried reloading a save 2-3 turns from our desync error, and some things changed

First, the resync that we did a turn prior (that actually let us resync) to our "host has left game"/desync error didn't happen, so we thought that was a good sign

Then we got to the cutscene that let us know that Attila was now leading the Huns, that's when I got a grey screen and unlike before, pressing the escape key didn't make it go away, I was stuck at the grey screen and couldn't do anything. We tried loading it again and the same thing.

TLDR; to get around the "host has left game"/desync **** we loaded an earlier save, and now we have a grey screen error instead

So I guess the grey screen and "host has left game" errors are related or something? Does this help?

EDIT: we made it past the grey screen after trying a couple times more, but when we got to turn 100 the same host has left error happened again...

I tried looking at the error report after doing the above, and now it says this:

Campaign DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 2079
    IN SYNC:
    Me
    OO SYNC:
    Friend

LOG FOR TICK 2079 (sum A3CDFD71, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
    0: CAMPAIGN_MODEL::advance_turn_after_all_end_turn_phases_handled 328F37C0 0 0 LINE 3432 entry 0 (12) checksum A3CDFD71

So now I'm in sync and my friend's out of sync, I guess?
    Kuikka wrote: »
    We have desync issues about every 10 turn or so in coop campaign :( this seems quite unstable for some reason. It doesn't seem bug to certain turn, although we have had few issues when those cutscenes came (I saw the custscenes but he didn't and game crashed later). Desync always happens during AI turn and we have to exchange saves.
    Shintai wrote: »
    Also experienced desync at turn 101 here. We tried copy over the savegame as well. Still no luck.

Tried to load an earlier game and got desync as well, tho different AI turn.

Examples of 2 desyncs, 101 turn.

Alamans turn:

NO_ENV DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 545
    IN SYNC:
    Friend
    OO SYNC:
    Me
    (Failed to find logger for game tick 545)

Huns turn:
    Campaign DESYNC DETECTED at game tick 943
    IN SYNC:
    ME
    OO SYNC:
    Friend
    LOG FOR TICK 943 (sum 246B3814, 1 items logged / 1 items) Destroyed: false Log fails: 0
    0: CAMPAIGN_MODEL::report_pre_battle()
    nop277 wrote: »
    me and a friend of mine have had this same issue, seems to be somewhat common. I get the feeling it'll be a couple months before it's fixed though
    DarkRanger wrote: »
    Yeah this happened to us as well.. Co-op campaign, Franks/Saxons.. 101 turn, we get the desync issue.

A few turns earlier, we did get a desync rejoin thingy, where it syncs our games back together after a network drop which I thought was extremely clever.

We have tried a few things before ending that turn and sometimes it changes the faction it desyncs on, however we cannot pass it so we are stuck from here until its addressed. Anyone with any ideas?
    Shintai wrote: »
    Desync at 101 seems common. I guess its due to the cinematics.

We had to reload a save 5 turns back before we could progress. Plus a ingame resync after the cinematics.
    DanJLloyd wrote: »
    Me and a friend are also playing Saxons/Franks. However, we're on turn 143 (I think?) and we've had desyncs in the past but a quick reload and it's fine. However, now we have a new and apparently permanent issue.

An Ebdanian agent tries to perform an action against one of my priestesses when it's the AI's turn and the game desyncs then. But I when I reloaded it, killed his agent, and let the AI have their turn, it got past the Ebdanians but got to some other faction and desynced when they declared war on me.

It seems as though this save is broken until the issues get fixed.
    SPECOPx wrote: »
    My friend and I are at turn 120 and we are having the same issue on it desyncing every time around the WRE - Ebdanians turn.

I found a way to avoid it

First ,download EditSF 1.1.1

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pack...1.zip/download

Then,use it open the path

C:\Users\User(or your user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\save_games_multiplayer
    Find your latest save,then open it.

Then find any integer "101" ,change it to whatever you want ,which must be smaller than 100
    Attachment 28589

in this catalog and multiplayer ,COMPRESSED DATA -multiplayer ,COMPRESSED DATA -SAVE_GAME_HEADER_MULTIPLAYER, and ,COMPRESSED DATA -CAMPAIGN_ENV_CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR

Attachment 28590

For example ,i change 101 to 61

Then click save, then copy the autosave.save_multiplayer to your partner's computer,then cover the same catalog
    (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\save_games_multiplayer)

Then you can play again ! (until it reach 101 turns again ....then ,you know what to do ..)

This change won't affact anything in the game, it didn't have anything to do with the years and the historial event~~

Sorry for my poor English!!
  • fraktinofraktino Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited June 2015
    It doesnt work. All factions stop playing until you reach the desync round again. At this point you have to use the bugfix again and all factions stop playing again.

hope that there will be a patch someday
  • CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,589
    edited July 2015
    Hi everyone - Can you et me know if you are still getting this on campaigns started since the patch? =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Richard_von_BurkRichard_von_Burk Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited August 2015
    (moved to new thread)
  • RinglaussRinglauss Registered Users Posts: 1
    Is there anyway to stop the game desyncing? Im playing one the most recent build of the game on steam, age of charlemagne...