Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If you had full control over TW:WH what would you do next?

Comments

• ReeksReeks Posts: 1,937Registered Users
    I could make sure that the following people would be transferred to the basement and they would have to do a daily "Walk Of Shame" for a few years before having any say about the Total War Warhammer franchise again.

1: The dude/tte who decided that instead of content releases every 2 months we would have it every 5-6months
    2: The individual who decided on the severely inferior bug fixing policy
    3: The marketing people who resorted to giving us the joy of mystery content and inflated the FLC chart with the Bone Giant
    4: The person that thought fighting the same damn siege battles a gazillion times would be fun(would be allowed to see the sun again if he/she remade sieges)
    5: The people who decided on the communication strategy CA currently use(say very little outside of releases, be very vague, act very defensive when presented with criticism from the player base)

I would then have Whelan´s contract re-evaluated having it stated that he would be sacked if he just for a second spoke in any other voice than his Skaven voice while on the job.

Then i would have everyone make standing ovations once a week to the guy who back in the day made the Bretonnia faction(It was just so damn good and innovative back then!)

Last but not least i would have the persons who decided not to include Thanquol and Ikit yet flogged until they showed some serious contrition.

#ReeksForPrez
  • alex505_alex505_ Posts: 84Registered Users
    I'd release so much DLC and FLC that we wouldnt know what to do with it all. One a week...The 10th Empire Lord Pack, go for it...DLC Armour for Deathclaw...here ya go. Then I'd probably siphen off the money to an offshore bank account and retire at the age of 30.

• steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 1,037Registered Users
    Step 1: the map
    - Expand the ME map to include the south of Lustria and Southlands
    - Expand the map east up to Cathay / Nippon
    - Add some provinces and regions, moslty in the Empire.
    - Make each region "unique", so they can get a landmark (not necessarily add it from start, but prepare it, so mod can add landmarks or regional rectuiment with a common startpos, to improve compatibility)
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,997Registered Users
    Implement Araby, with a full complementary roster, along with Kislev.

Then implement Game 3... and work on the new races... Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Daemons, Chaos Dwarves and more invasion mechanics for Chaos-Beastmen-Daemons, as well as more complimentary buildings and systems for the old world races.

I'd probably implement Tilea-Estalia last, maybe add Albion as another "filler" faction because both of these factions are not terribly unique in my opinion... Tilea-Estalia are just Empire with an Italian/Spanish theme... and Albion are just Norska with a Celtic theme.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,562Registered Users
    I'm assuming the Warhammer lot don't have much in the way of funds, so..

1) Take Mixu's Legendary Lord as my guide and make the Elector Counts into Red Duke style reskins with a few special abilities. The difference that mod makes to an Empire campaign in terms of immersion you wouldn't give credence to, plus it'd be comparatively cheap.

2) Introduce a Council of Thirteen mechanic for the Skaven. Missions etc that grant you healthy buffs, rare weapons/units, or usage of The Deathmaster for a handy assassination a la Hand of the Shadow Crown.
    Fail too many and The Council sends out Grey Seers to cause a bit of trouble in your settlements, reach critical level out comes Level 40 Thanquol with a doomstack to teach you a lesson.

3) Skaven coves. Establishing one gives you the ability to call up an extra army when fighting in that province.

4) Vampire Coast unable to colonise inland, only sack or raze.

5) Diplomacy to take some of the fine ideas from Three Kingdoms, rather than the barebones and often head-scratching system we have currently.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,953Registered Users
    alex505_ said:

I'd release so much DLC and FLC that we wouldnt know what to do with it all. One a week...The 10th Empire Lord Pack, go for it...DLC Armour for Deathclaw...here ya go. Then I'd probably siphen off the money to an offshore bank account and retire at the age of 30.

He knows what we want B)

First thing I would do is to work on WH1 Races and make them more interesting, starting with bringing everything to WH2 Level... every single bit of it. Dividing each Race into sections, and see what they need in every aspect. First week we look at the Empire, next at Greenskins etc.

I would post weekly blog about upcoming content and bits of info on what we working like " Next we want to look at Wood Elves and how amber works, we will gather feedback from community and update regulary on progress, we also going to add some new skills for some of the WH1 Lords that are missing."

Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users
    I'd ensure a portion of proceeds went to charities.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,562Registered Users

I'd ensure a portion of proceeds went to charities.

David Lammy will be along in a minute to tell you charities don't need vanilla saviours.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 883Registered Users
    First: Ban all players clamoring for MORE STUFF instead of structural improvements to the fundamentals of the game. This would admittedly shrink the playerbase by about 97%.

Then hire a dedicated team that does nothing but write the best possible AI for the game.

Develop Total War: Warhammer 3 so that it becomes a true grand strategy game instead of the loosely connected series of battles we have now. Massively expand diplomacy, economic gameplay, balance campaign to not snowball easily, introduce mechanics that limit expansion and make it worthwile to have actual allies. In short, bring the game on par with many other strategy titles while retaining or enhancing the one thing where it is already better now than the competition, which are the battles as well as the quality of its art.
  • stankgangstastankgangsta Junior Member Posts: 238Registered Users
    Find all the people who support Dogs of War as a faction and give them over to a government sterilization list. Tilia does not equal Dogs of war you ... people and it was bad overly simplistic writing that had misguided you to that conclusion
    Step 2: Factions
    - Add more playable factions for Empire, with LL (at least 4 different starting position), using the additional rgions from step 1
    - 2nd HE/DE DLC with Eltharion/Imrik/Arch mages/ Whit elion chariots + Malus/Beastmasters/Medusa
    - Add Ariel to WE
    - Add playable Red Duke
    - Add Araby, Kislev, and TEB factions with proper soters to OldWorld /Me/Vortex
    - Amazon /Albion: one LL each, a few units, kind of "bonus" faction).

And with upgrade of WE, Beastmen, GS and Empire along the way

New factions for East part of the map
    - Chaos : one race but one LL for each god with specific units
    - Chaos Dwarves
    - Ogres
    - Cathay

as a base, and then later Nippon, Ind, and Dow (DoW later: first TEB as "standard" factions with new units LL, and later DoW, with mercenary mechanism, and possibly units from the different facttions

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,362Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

I'm assuming the Warhammer lot don't have much in the way of funds, so..

1) Take Mixu's Legendary Lord as my guide and make the Elector Counts into Red Duke style reskins with a few special abilities. The difference that mod makes to an Empire campaign in terms of immersion you wouldn't give credence to, plus it'd be comparatively cheap.

2) Introduce a Council of Thirteen mechanic for the Skaven. Missions etc that grant you healthy buffs, rare weapons/units, or usage of The Deathmaster for a handy assassination a la Hand of the Shadow Crown.
    Fail too many and The Council sends out Grey Seers to cause a bit of trouble in your settlements, reach critical level out comes Level 40 Thanquol with a doomstack to teach you a lesson.

3) Skaven coves. Establishing one gives you the ability to call up an extra army when fighting in that province.

4) Vampire Coast unable to colonise inland, only sack or raze.

5) Diplomacy to take some of the fine ideas from Three Kingdoms, rather than the barebones and often head-scratching system we have currently.

Vampire Coast unable to colonise in land would be a major problem with public order, no commandments, inability to win campain or increase corruption, etc.
    You can make them unable to colonize in non coastal province.
    As long as a provicne as one coastal region, they can colonize.
    That would limit a little their expansion without crippling them too much.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 596Registered Users
    Make every wish come true, fix all of GW errors, dump all the money and resources to TWWH, make sure every inch of warhammer world covered all the races that was mentioned in books implemented. and as finale i will have the great beast of choas attack as the final boss of chaos, have nagesh attack as final boss of undead, and have Tyranids attack as the final boss of distraction.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,008Registered Users
    1. Finish the Skaven/LM DLC, pack in extra units or lord to say I'm sorry for the year + of being an incompletely army. Some tuning on LM & Skaven to go with it.

2. Slate next DLC as DoW give empire fix and make Boris playable.

3. Major retune of the GS on the map, some units by seeding them with a cross DLC of them vs somebody. Possibly HE possibly not.

4. Slate a major brayherd and overall horde rework with game 3. Plus WoC Quality of life fixes and tuning plus missing units for both.

5. Slot Araby as a preorder bonus.

Somewhere in the mix overhaul VC map mechanics.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,439Registered Users
    Actually there is one thing that I would implement,.

UNRESTRICTED MODDING OPTIONS
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,382Registered Users
    1.Neferata / Silver Peak
    2.Mordheim
    3.Citadel of Dusk / Mortal Empires
    4.Clan Eshin
    5. all Sotek´s suggested stuff for Orks. All of it.
    6. all the missing Beastmen toys.
    7. more RoRs
    8. Legendary Heroes

And I would make YOU pay for it.
  • GoldfishLordGoldfishLord Posts: 118Registered Users
    I'd make one simple change: custom battles wouldn't require lords anymore.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,866Registered Users
    Unique models and maps for faction capitols. Quest style battle that must be fought when assaulting certain major cities (Altdorf, Middenheim, Ulthuan gates, Skavenblight etc.)

Clan Moulder (minus stormfiends) Araby and Cathay. Gauge response and consider larger eastern expansion.

Customizable lords and heroes (cosmetics and weaponry)

More significant racial differences, (slow growth for elders races, superior HE logistics, more features showing off power of Slann) and proper Karak sieges etc

Finally release specific campaigns as expansions ala Caesar in Gaul. The two I would lead with and want the most are the Sundering and The War for Cripple Peak
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 697Registered Users
    As of today?

Release of trailer for LP this week.
    Releasing LP at first week April.
    Afterwards releasing DoW/Southern Realms with 4 LL and rework of BM
    Cross DLC HE VS GS with rework GS.
    Araby with 3 LL and working on optimization and expanding ME to the south and a bit to the west. No rework.
    Cross DLC Skaven VS Empire with rework of Empire.
    Amazons with at least 2 LL and rework of WE.

On to WH3

Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev and DoC as core.
    Undead Legion as CP alongside release of Grand Campaign
    LP 1 (Kislev VS Ogre Kingdoms)
    LP 2 (Chaos Dwarfs VS DoC)
    Monogod DLC 1 (2LL Nurgle VS 2LL Tzeentch)
    Monogod DLC 2 (2LL Khorne VS 2 LL Slaanesh)
    Cathay as CP.

Afterwards releasing LPs and other, small DLCs for everyone.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 590Registered Users
    Proper rework of TWW1 races for TWW2.

Thorough and detailed bug fixing.

Improved AI on the campaign map and the manual battle.

Improved autoresolve, especially in AI vs AI autoresolves.

Open up the game more to modding, especially the AI so that players can make serious mods for it.

Expand the roster of units for most factions and make sure every unit has at least some purpose.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,288Registered Users
    Hmmm:

Lord Pack obviously first.

Just an update to give rites and a couple LLs to the Old World so Beastmen, Wood Elves and the Empire are all up to 4. Maybe 5 for the Empire.

Make a vague comment that people think is DoW.

Araby Campaign Pack

Amazon Race Pack

Fishmen Preorder Race Pack

Game 3 with Ogres, Daemons, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev.

Nagash faction FLC

Some monogod campaign packs

Clan Moulder Race Pack

Cathay Campaign Pack

Gnoblar Race Pack and Hobgoblin FLC

Make a vague comment that can ONLY be interepreted as DoW.

Tyranid Campaign Pack

Random balance patch that also adds Dogs of War with like 6 LLs as FLC but make no comment on its release and refuse to acknowledge its existence.
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 976Registered Users
    Update old world factions first

Add legendary heroes

Then add more skaven LL
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,947Registered Users
    Immediately completing the rosters. It's the n. 1 priority for me.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    edited March 19
    Probably a southern realms dlc while focusing heavily on old world updates and doing more than a single one given it probably will be simpler than coast but will arrive after a similar period of time.

• PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,649Registered Users
    edited March 19
    I would make sure Lizardmen and skaven gets there stuff. I would continue making improvement to game 1 factions, after brets (give trident and add some naval elements to him (a crusade mechanic attached to them aswell). Empire and greenskins (1 new ll each, grom for greenskins and some I havent made up my mind about for the empire) would get one enchancement pass each aswell. Then I would also do a little Wood Welf improvment and add Oreon as a flc to fit the bowmen of oreon faction. Essentially making them a faction. If you dont own the pack you get oreon and his faction plus improvements so it benefits everyone (also the dlc owners that get more mechanics). I would make Araby the next faction/race pack for game 2 and the concluding dlc for this game.

I would develop warhammer 3 to be released if possible during next year earliest. With Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Deamons of Chaos and a 4th faction. In my opinion Kieslev would be a great pick here. With it I would also add some new stuff for greenskins and some eastern slope variants to them with goblins and more. Also perhaps enchance black orcs for Chaos Dwarfs and greenskin faction a tad bit. I would also enchance the warriors of chaos during development of this game. For game 3 I think I would also try to make some new improvments to corruption giving lasting harmful effects on the enviroment effecting incomes and more (essentially making it more dangerous but also making adjustment to how to fight it both chaos and vampiric ones. I would add some challenges early, mid and late game in the mega campaign. Early challenges is greenskin hordes mid is beastmen and late game is chaos, deamons of chaos and beastmen and greenskin hordes. Included in this I would add nagash as a quest for the player if he plays undead or a random chance the Ai gets him late game. If you ressurect him he will take the role as primary LL for your faction and have many bonuses in terms of alliances towards undead and more beyond being very powerful. And look over how the ai makes alliances... if nagash is on the board they will more likely form alliances with other undead factions and maybe some others like dark elves, while dwarfs empires and high elves would rather join while some stay neutral like wood elves and chaos as an opposite creating a sort of tripple alliance endgame total war situation.

Theres probably going to be much more in that game but for dlc Im thinking an expansion eastwards to include a little of nippon/cathay and ind in the game. A way to do this would be to make the map more civ like meaning you could move from the east into the far west that way the most eastern factions can interact with both the old and new world should they choose. Instead of 3 factions I think I would make 1 faction as a sort of alliance in this timeline having an LL for each of the most eastern factions with some very unique units and abilities for each LL. After that I would focus on lord packs, maybe some new factions like DoW or Southern Realms etc. And maybe topping it all off with some focus and love on the mega map in regards to events maybe some suprises and so on.

As for dlc I would make

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,820Registered Users

Random balance patch that also adds Dogs of War with like 6 LLs as FLC but make no comment on its release and refuse to acknowledge its existence.

The two extra LLs are trolls, and only appear on the campaign map if you're playing them. This is never explained nor acknowledged.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 596Registered Users
    right now sacrifice the marketing team for ruinous powers.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users

right now sacrifice the marketing team for ruinous powers.

Oh this as well their marketing of threekingdoms and in general is kind of obnoxious.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's stay on thread topic. If it turns into another string of Creative Assembly bashing comments it will be closed, along with whatever else is necessary individually.

Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin