Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Suggestion for developers regarding Projectile Trails

about100monkiesabout100monkies Posts: 16Registered Users
First off I'm loving everything I'm seeing about three kingdoms. There's just one suggestion that could probably be used across a range of your Total War projects. I know that now is a time when the devs are cracking down on bugs getting the game ready for launch. This is just a suggestion for the future.

Projectile trails are one of those things that I love because I can see where the archers are shooting, and without them it can be harder to manage my archers. But sometimes they seem a bit too pronounced. It'd be nice if there was a slider to scale the projectiles or if we could pick between say small, medium, large so that the player has a bit more customization on how they'd like it to look.

Comments

• YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    Just to state, I dont mind the arrow trails, too much.

But it honeslty looks like a white stream of smoke behind them. I would personally just have the arrows themselves be white or something, rather then leaving a streak across the screen. Or a slider for arrow trail length, though maybe that would be hard to program.
  • ACmonkeyACmonkey Posts: 75Registered Users
    Agree with both of you, I would be happy with an opacity slider that make the arrows or projectiles visible but not so much and the trails definately shorter.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 674Registered Users
    I share this opinion as well.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,491Registered Users
    An opacity slider would be the best option; I'd still like to see exactly where the arrows are going, but sometimes the trails do appear too pronounced.
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 771Registered Users
    Again, I'll say that the tracers they used in Empire to Shogun 2 were perfectly fine. Why not use those?
    Sigmar wills it!
  • XhalXhal Junior Member Posts: 154Registered Users
    Just like with warhammer 1 and 2 you can change an option to make it less pronounced.

They said in the stream that they leave it on because with twitch compression if they use the less pronounced option we probably wouldn't see anything on the stream.
  • 19930423LDr19930423LDr Posts: 197Registered Users
    Why did they abandon Shogun 2 arrows?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,095Registered Users
    mahboi1 said:

Again, I'll say that the tracers they used in Empire to Shogun 2 were perfectly fine. Why not use those?

You mean huge white, featureless streaks? No, they were not fine.
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 771Registered Users

mahboi1 said:

As opposed to the giant, obnoxious, lazer beams we have now?
    Sigmar wills it!
  • about100monkiesabout100monkies Posts: 16Registered Users
    Xhal said:

Just like with warhammer 1 and 2 you can change an option to make it less pronounced.

They said in the stream that they leave it on because with twitch compression if they use the less pronounced option we probably wouldn't see anything on the stream.

With Warhammer 2, there is an option to turn projectile trails on and off. With the projectile trails off I can't see where my ranged units are shooting in WH2, but I keep them on for the sake of managing my units since I play legendary campaigns....

What we are suggesting is that they add an option to reduce the size/opacity of the projectile trails.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,095Registered Users
    mahboi1 said:

mahboi1 said:

As opposed to the giant, obnoxious, lazer beams we have now?
    White laser beams is what we had in the older games.