Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

GTX 1060

Bcohen89Bcohen89 Posts: 10Registered Users
Soo I can currently run WarHammer 2 on ultra should I assume the same with 3 Kingdoms?

Also I assume its safe to say i wont be able to run Unit size on Extreme right?

Comments

• fredericmeyernfredericmeyern Posts: 231Registered Users
    Hard to say.

In the past I've found it to be limited more by the CPU.

What are your full specs?

CPU: (your processor, e.g. Intel, AMD, I7, ryzen, etc)
    MEMORY: (you'll want at least 8gb)
    GPU: Geforce 1060
    VRAM: 3gb, or 6gb?

if you don't know. An easy way to find out with windows, is to press and hold the "windows key" (next to the "ctrl" key), and press "R".

so.

Windows key + R
    In the "run" prompt that pops up, type "dxdiag" (without quotes) and press enter.
    if the whql thing pops up, just press OK.

the directx diagnostic screen will appear, in the "system" tab, you'll find your processor name, and system memory.
    in the "display1" tab, you can find your graphics card name, and display memory.
  • Kaze_SenpaiKaze_Senpai Posts: 4Registered Users
    They said that if you want 60fps+ on ultra you need a gtx 1080/ rtx 2060.

About extreme sizes, in the stream Wheels said that there are no additional requirements, but obviously it is expected a drop from the 60fps+ listed above.

I think/hope that through some tweaks in the graphical options we'll be able to play with extreme units even on less powerful PCs :)
  • Bcohen89Bcohen89 Posts: 10Registered Users

Hard to say.

In the past I've found it to be limited more by the CPU.

What are your full specs?

CPU: (your processor, e.g. Intel, AMD, I7, ryzen, etc)
    MEMORY: (you'll want at least 8gb)
    GPU: Geforce 1060
    VRAM: 3gb, or 6gb?

if you don't know. An easy way to find out with windows, is to press and hold the "windows key" (next to the "ctrl" key), and press "R".

so.

Windows key + R
    In the "run" prompt that pops up, type "dxdiag" (without quotes) and press enter.
    if the whql thing pops up, just press OK.

the directx diagnostic screen will appear, in the "system" tab, you'll find your processor name, and system memory.
    in the "display1" tab, you can find your graphics card name, and display memory.

Dell - G7 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 128GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Drive - Licorice Black
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,109Registered Users
    edited March 22
    I agree, it's a bit hard to say without having the game in hands. I think you'd be able to run the game just fine, but not on extreme unit scale and max graphics. You will have to lower one of them.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    You can definitely run it on high graphics, 1060 is good enough as is for Ultra. Extreme you will get lag if there is too many armies around, u can test this in warhammer in custom battles

• unicornvalleyunicornvalley Posts: 110Registered Users
    Have the same video card. I bet we'll have to compromise on video quality or unit size when 3K launched. The total war newest title is always a little demanding, just hitting the threshold won't be able to have a decent fps.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,266Registered Users
    If you dont mind average 30fps (which is very much playable) then you can get all ultra or even extreme.

I tested my rig (R5 2600 & RX580) on Warhammer's Laboratory mode playing 240 units infantry can get average 30fps.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,007Registered Users
    Bcohen89 said:

Soo I can currently run WarHammer 2 on ultra should I assume the same with 3 Kingdoms?

Also I assume its safe to say i wont be able to run Unit size on Extreme right?

I wouldn't worry, CA are probably playing it safe, I have a 1070 and I'm not worried so much.

I'm sure it'll be similar.