Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Massive fps drops in battles

Sador_LabadalSador_Labadal Registered Users Posts: 6
Hi all

No matter how many units are involved, fps WILL go down from 90 (20 vs 20) or 60ish (more than two full stacks involved) to maybe 30, or even lower, once units enter combat. It's something I can't do anything about, even with medium-low quality.

I7-8700k
16 Gb RAM
RTX 2080
SSD

Now the fps drops ARE a problem that should'nt happen with such a rig but even as the battle begins I find 60 fps to be really low, especially in a game that makes massive use of multi-stacks battles...

Comments

• MurthorOathstone12MurthorOathstone12 Registered Users Posts: 67
    The problem is that this game is badly optimized. there is nothing you can really do to help this. its CA's fault. All we can really hope for is that they either fix this in an upcoming patch or they do better with game 3.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
  • Sador_LabadalSador_Labadal Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited March 2019
    What saddens me the most is that I paid good money for this game and DLCs...
  • dougiejonesdougiejones Registered Users Posts: 10
    I have the same CPU and made a thread about the same issue a long time ago and never got a fix. The game is simply unoptimized.
  • luyspauloluyspaulo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    I have a rtx 2060 and a 4770k I7. Before you had a gtx 1050 ti's performance is pretty much the same in all TW games. My 2060 never uses more than 70% of its power. I've seen several people with rtx publish the same kind of problem. What's more, they posted a giganter pach for the WH2 and did not say anything about optimizing the game. That is, you get back to stay for up to 2 minutes waiting for a simple turn to pass. Games and dlcs of this company no longer buy.
  • luyspauloluyspaulo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16

if they want very good performance, take away the shadows that are processed in the CPU. will have a gain of up to 20 fps.
  • HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 566

The problem is that this game is badly optimized. there is nothing you can really do to help this. its CA's fault. All we can really hope for is that they either fix this in an upcoming patch or they do better with game 3.

THIS, warhammer 2 is terribly optimized, Three Kingdoms runs extremely smooth though, so if you are a historical fan you got that
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file