Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the Teams are Working on March 2019 [your guess is as good as mine]

adjungadjung Posts: 207Registered Users

Hey guys!

I'm an intern at CA and managed to snatch these steaming hot insider infos. Enjoy!

+++++++

TOP SECRET UPDATE PLANS [CONFIDENTIAL]

There will be more streams of 3K.
Warhammer 2 will get a Lizardmen/Skaven LP with a Lizardmen FLC sometime before the end of 2019.
Bretonnia will get an update, but we're not telling you what you can expect.
Warhammer 3 will be dark and we cannot say anything and it will be released before 2525 (not sure, actually).

K

Bye

Forward onto Slaughter.

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,621Registered Users
    Pretty much. Yeah.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,041Registered Users
    Well they working on the monogods silly.
    Unless they'd rather not make money.
    Just cant wait for more mono hints :)
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • rad13rad13 Member Posts: 617Registered Users
    dont forget the much-anticipated next Saga title
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    Still waiting for the announcement that LM vs Skaven DLC will be pushed back by at least a year because 3K needs the last intern currently working on WH content.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 2,066Registered Users
    Team(s) are working on 3K

WH content postponed until May 2020

>:)
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,488Registered Users

Still waiting for the announcement that LM vs Skaven DLC will be pushed back by at least a year because 3K needs the last intern currently working on WH content.

This whole thing is probably a mix of Norsca pushing things back and 3K delays.

Time that should have gone towards the lord packs was lost because of Norsca and the original FLC chart seems to support that it WAS going to be 2 lord packs and then the Coast.
  • xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Posts: 845Registered Users

This whole thing is probably a mix of Norsca pushing things back and 3K delays.

Time that should have gone towards the lord packs was lost because of Norsca and the original FLC chart seems to support that it WAS going to be 2 lord packs and then the Coast.
    Hopefully the norsca situation wont happen again
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Posts: 143Registered Users
    Just hope this is going to be the best and most complete Lords Pack ever made.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,177Registered Users
    adjung said:

Hey guys!

I'm an intern at CA and managed to snatch these steaming hot insider infos. Enjoy!

+++++++

Warhammer 2 will get a Lizardmen/Skaven LP with a Lizardmen FLC sometime before the end of 2019.
    Warhammer 3 will be dark and we cannot say anything and it will be released before 2525 (not sure, actually).

K

Bye

In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can survive, we might find...

In the year 7510, if the Lord Pack is coming it ought to make it by then...
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,510Registered Users
    The Lost Isles of Elithis I hope..
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,938Registered Users
    You forgot to add another Ogre hint.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,771Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    RikRiorik said:

adjung said:

Hey guys!

+++++++

K

Bye

In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can survive, we might find...

In the year 7510, if the Lord Pack is coming it ought to make it by then...
    Good Reference:
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,158Registered Users
    1• Bla Bla Bla LP is coming.

2• some WH3 hints:

This is why I'm waiting the new WtTaWo. Last time we've got a pretty strong hint about Chaos Dwarfs. . . with a Slaanesh Rated M hint and either Nurgle/Nagash hint.

Before it was everything about Chaos, Great Game, Winds of Magic place, Chaos Wastes and so on. . .

Edit: found it. Thanks Gotrek:

This time I wish some K'daai Destroyer hint and a much clearer Nurgle hint. A Neferata hint is welcome, though.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,728Registered Users
    edited March 27
    dge1 said:

Good Reference:

Hmm...I think the Fields of the Nephilim version is better..

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,938Registered Users
    edited March 28
    Ludbone said:

1• Bla Bla Bla LP is coming.

2• some WH3 hints:

This is why I'm waiting the new WtTaWo. Last time we've got a pretty strong hint about Chaos Dwarfs. . . with a Slaanesh Rated M hint and either Nurgle/Nagash hint.

Before it was everything about Chaos, Great Game, Winds of Magic place, Chaos Wastes and so on. . .

Edit: found it. Thanks Gotrek:

This time I wish some K'daai Destroyer hint and a much clearer Nurgle hint. A Neferata hint is welcome, though.

The idiom references cooking and thus Ogres. The individual words reference Chaos Dwarfs.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,957Registered Users
    I really hope they resume a faster dlc schedule after 3k is out and they don’t immediately launch themselves into another annoying side project like ToB.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,168Registered Users

I really hope they resume a faster dlc schedule after 3k is out and they don’t immediately launch themselves into another annoying side project like ToB.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. They'll have to work on 3K DLC too and if we complain too much Grace will come and say "yo, we have multiple teams that don't affect the development between each other".
  • SteamageSteamage Posts: 398Registered Users
    @neodeinos

I'd be surprised if Grace even showed up at all.

She hasn't even done her job right , through Andy we got to know that there is no news in March.
  • CA_AndyBCA_AndyB Posts: 35Registered Users, CA Staff
    Steamage said:

@neodeinos

She hasn't even done her job right , through Andy we got to know that there is no news in March.

Do me a solid; let's chill on the personal attacks ;). I'm more than happy to accept all of the critical feedback in the world, but calling out individuals accomplishes nothing. This goes for Grace, individual members of the development team, and anyone representing CA. Game development, no matter what aspect you're talking about, is a team effort. We all rise, or sink, together. Absolutely hold our feet to the flame as a team, that's not only expected, but encouraged.

Speaking to the topic at hand: The upcoming LP has been slated for this window for awhile now, so our timeline for the announcement has not been affected by the date shift for 3K.

Regarding WTTAWO, this thread is a great example of why we're currently evaluating what this feature will look like in the future. The last thing we want is for this article to be viewed as overly teasy or, even worse, non-informative.

In the interest of being productive, I'm curious to hear if any of you have thoughts on how we could present this content in an entertaining, compelling, and informative way.

I look forward to reading your thoughts.
    edited March 28
    CA_AndyB said:

Steamage said:

@neodeinos

Do me a solid; let's chill on the personal attacks ;). I'm more than happy to accept all of the critical feedback in the world, but calling out individuals accomplishes nothing. This goes for Grace, individual members of the development team, and anyone representing CA. Game development, no matter what aspect you're talking about, is a team effort. We all rise, or sink, together. Absolutely hold our feet to the flame as a team, that's not only expected, but encouraged.

Speaking to the topic at hand: The upcoming LP has been slated for this window for awhile now, so our timeline for the announcement has not been affected by the date shift for 3K.

Regarding WTTAWO, this thread is a great example of why we're currently evaluating what this feature will look like in the future. The last thing we want is for this article to be viewed as overly teasy or, even worse, non-informative.

In the interest of being productive, I'm curious to hear if any of you have thoughts on how we could present this content in an entertaining, compelling, and informative way.

@CA_AndyB
    Well, it'd be nice to have some information about what you are working on, even if it's vague. In some of the WTTAWO we do get, sometimes, something like "Hey, we released this DLC and now we moved to something else" and I think it's kinda the issue people have with it. It's always interesting to know the ideas you have about something new and it allows the players debate about it and eventually give feedback that could be useful to you to avoid making mistakes for example or improve what you are working on. The community has a **** ton of great ideas and I'm sure it could be useful for you, a dialogue about the direction of the game could be something good.
    More communication is something we need imo, about your ideas, the new content, the bugs and issues with the game and so on. I really think it's important to improve that.

Anyway, I'm not pretending to have the truth it's just my opinion obviously. I appreciate you are asking for feedback it's a step forward for a better future.

Edit: I got a few other ideas about possible improvements. Maybe it could be interesting to introduce a comment section on the WTTAWO so you can gather feedback in one place easily. And another idea would be to make Q&A at a certain frequence, let's say every 2 months for instance.
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users

CA_AndyB said:

Steamage said:

@neodeinos

More rat memes, just like big weaponised crab, we appreciate your job at coomunication, it's just some hot head that just get over the cliff with ease, @CA_AndyB
    neodeinos said:

The community has a **** ton of great ideas and I'm sure it could be useful for you, a dialogue about the direction of the game could be something good.
    More communication is something we need imo, about your ideas, the new content, the bugs and issues with the game and so on. I really think it's important to improve that.

Anyway, I'm not pretending to have the truth it's just my opinion obviously.

We're working towards more transparency and conversation with the community. CA is a studio with almost 30 years of history behind it, so changing something as fundamental as communication philosophies and our comfort in discussing in development features will take time.

Part of that is myself, and the community team, being more present in platforms like the forums, and reddit (to name a few) and setting the tone and agreed upon social contracts. Part of that will require us as a studio changing the way we think. Part of this is also you, the player, being willing to engage in critical, but respectful, conversation with us.

TLDR: Modern game development requires a dialog with the community (which is why I am, thankfully, gainfully employed). We recognize this and will be the first to admit that we can do better.
  • SteamageSteamage Posts: 398Registered Users
    edited March 28
    @CA_AndyB

and just use the opportunity.

Can you tell us when is the next WTTAWO ?
    CA_AndyB said:

neodeinos said:

The community has a **** ton of great ideas and I'm sure it could be useful for you, a dialogue about the direction of the game could be something good.

We're working towards more transparency and conversation with the community. CA is a studio with almost 30 years of history behind it, so changing something as fundamental as communication philosophies and our comfort in discussing in development features will take time.

Part of that is myself, and the community team, being more present in platforms like the forums, and reddit (to name a few) and setting the tone and agreed upon social contracts. Part of that will require us as a studio changing the way we think. Part of this is also you, the player, being willing to engage in critical, but respectful, conversation with us.

TLDR: Modern game development requires a dialog with the community (which is why I am, thankfully, gainfully employed). We recognize this and will be the first to admit that we can do better.
    Yeah I noticed that you're trying to be more transparent and it's great to hear. Obviously, it's long a long road but it's already much better than before and I am grateful for that.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 2,066Registered Users
    CA_AndyB said:

neodeinos said:

As a occasional critical fan myself i for one look forward to action being put behind those words like more transparency and engagement with the player base (hopefully outside those few weeks leading up to new content drops, those months with totally radio silence do not make one feel engaged)

Please do look into creating some sort of centralized dev post tracker as it is a right chore to keep track of what information comes from your side without having some dedicated fans that dig up information from Reddit.

Reeks said:

Please do look into creating some sort of centralized dev post tracker as it is a right chore to keep track of what information comes from your side without having some dedicated fans that dig up information from Reddit.

Yes, this is high on my list of priorities. We need to do a better job of communicating what we're saying, where we're saying it.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Posts: 83Registered Users
    CA_AndyB said:

neodeinos said:

I think the problems are two fold. I mean don't get me wrong; I love CA and the work you do but consider the below;

1) Correspondance is unreliable. We don't know when/if we will get more info. The drops we do get seem sporadic and random. Existing info is often out of date (looking at you FLC chart). I'm not asking for tuesday Newsday but even WTTAWO are sometimes missed and the date they are released is not clear.

2) Cryptic clues are unhelpful. For a great example consider the latest info on the old world update. The picture and the wording suggests bretonnia but... this raises two questions. If it is bretonnia why not say? If it is not then the community feels cheated. Either way it's lose/lose. In addition if we knew what to expect we could as a community debate HOW the contents could work not WHAT it is...

It feels like much of the community is just angrily debating what content we will get and when? If we knew this then we could talk about mechanics, units, characters we want to see. Useful feedback instead of just ranting about "no news in March".

We want dev blogs that make us ask questions on how we want things to work; not when/what we are going to get.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    CA_AndyB said:

Steamage said:

@neodeinos

Be more specific or do not include any tease details would be my opinion.

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 1,154Registered Users
    yes converse with us. because people out in the forms has been doing great job at flushing out new unit model concepts art, ideas, rules. even whole army lists.

Same goes for game mechanics, game play etc. and those can help specially with factions that did not get updated by gw in 8th edition. and save you valuable time reaserching lore..etc.
    for an example lets say CA decided make a new units for bretonia. just start a thread people will give great ideas, rules,..etc.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • PixeldiktatorPixeldiktator Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited March 28
    CA_AndyB said:

Steamage said:

@neodeinos

Maybe you could add some more information about the general plans & content in the future; I've always thought that the little development progresses for each month were interesting, but reading 4 times "we develop a lord pack/dlc/game" is only useful the first time you see it, e.g. when we got the information that the lord pack + bretonnia rework are next, but getting the information that you're still working on it isn't really big news.

What I think is much more interesting is the general ideas for the future, e.g. will there be more DLCs for Warhammer 2 this year, what do you roughly plan with the FLCs, etc.
    Also things like whether or not there is a chance that you will go back to older games like Rome 2, what you have learned from Thrones of Britannia and how that will influence the next Saga game, etc. might be interesting to read.

There is of course the problem that you don't want to confirm anything unless its 100% sure, but giving vague ideas and possibilities about something what we have literally zero information about is still better than nothing in my opinion.

Also a recapitulation of the feedback or what you've learned from a previously released DLC/Patch/Game might give an insight on how you guys deal with feedback and maybe what has beem noted and where we can give more feedback. For example Warhammer 2 sieges or missing features in Thrones, what the idea behind them was, what you think needs to change or should change in the next game and so forth.