Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Kurnous is a beastmen...

GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 282

change my mind...
==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
-Tal'gatha the Fallen

Comments

• PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,087
    Maybe Orion is one to just a less evil one. Similar to how bretoonia is sort of mysteriously mislead by an Elf demi-god or god or something like that.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,942
    Kurnous is one of the elven gods, who existed in the warhammer world before the coming of chaos (and therefore before the beastmen).

Also, anyone who looks like an animal is not a beastman, the lizardmen for example are not beastmen, even though the fluff speaks of reptillian and avian beastmen. (the reason they all look like goats is because of the miniatures, which were all similiar because GW couldn't make 100 different models for basic gors).
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,781

Maybe Orion is one to just a less evil one. Similar to how bretoonia is sort of mysteriously mislead by an Elf demi-god or god or something like that.

Orion is an ungor compared to the bestigor that is Kurnous
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,321
    Orion has hooves?!? Why does he hate beastmen because he is afflicted like one?
  • kelembribor21kelembribor21 Registered Users Posts: 228
    There is alternative art of Kurnous
    on https://artstation.com/artwork/8lyWm://

In my opinion Warhammer gods Even included tend to have different appearance depending from situation, so it is possible some sort of War avatar of Kurnous (or at least WaR Online art team interpretation) made to instill terror in those who offend God of hunt.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,181
    Deities kind of transcend that sort of thing. And in WHFB there are a great many beings in and/or born of the warp, not just daemons. The Old Ones are energy beings too, except they're not from the warp, and actually exist in multiple universes *shrug*. Just roll with it.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,215
    Well elves (especially wood elves) revere the stag so it makes sense that they would depict the god of the wild and animals as a stag. It's also just a depiction of kurnous, only other gods can see another god's true form without going mad or blowing up.

Orion isn't a beastman, he is a god fused with an elf so he can take physical form.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Kournos is a god, he does not belong to any of the mortal races. The gods can in theory manifest as any of them if they choose to.
  • CA_AndyBCA_AndyB Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 35

In my opinion Warhammer gods Even included tend to have different appearance depending from situation, so it is possible some sort of War avatar of Kurnous (or at least WaR Online art team interpretation) made to instill terror in those who offend God of hunt.

First off, wow, that screenshot brings back memories. (I think I may have actually helped in creating it :D)

If I remember correctly, in WAR, the dungeon where you fought Kurnous was called The Lost Vale. Essentially you as the player were hunting or protecting Alarielle (depending on if you were Order or Chaos). It's been a minute since I worked on it, so you may have to forgive my spotty memory ;).

The main distinction I recall was that Kurnous generally despised creatures tainted by Chaos, because of the effect they had on the natural order of things (essentially they were a threat to nature).

Either way, thanks for a trip down memory lane.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 773
    edited March 2019
    CA_AndyB said:

First off, wow, that screenshot brings back memories. (I think I may have actually helped in creating it :D)

If I remember correctly, in WAR, the dungeon where you fought Kurnous was called The Lost Vale. Essentially you as the player were hunting or protecting Alarielle (depending on if you were Order or Chaos). It's been a minute since I worked on it, so you may have to forgive my spotty memory ;).

The main distinction I recall was that Kurnous generally despised creatures tainted by Chaos, because of the effect they had on the natural order of things (essentially they were a threat to nature).

Either way, thanks for a trip down memory lane.
    Thank You and all the people who made great work on that game, I and many others have nice memories from that time, it enriched Warhammer fantasy world and Realm vs realm was awesome experience.

• CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 862
    edited March 2019
    For anyone who is interested, Warhammer Online is still playable on the free to play private server, “Return of Reckoning.” https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

The game has come a long ways and just hit the 1500 players online a couple of weeks ago.

Check it out or watch “The Zarbix’s” Youtube for some of that sweet sweet stream gameplay.