Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

This DLC is amazing CA !

AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,443
Ok boys I can say for my oart that the 6 month and 1 year and a half wait was worth it in this DLC there is 9 **** new battlefield units, Kroak as a Legendary hero, Ikit looks insane !

You can use a nuke or summon sotek after enough sacrifices omfg !

Lizardmen and skaven get so much things

-Ripperdactyl
-salamanders
-Ancient salamanders
-engine of the gods
-RCS with **** hammers
-Engine of the gods
-rattling guns
-jezzails
-**** wheel of doom

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,385
    1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!
    9. it has barely gained 19 votes in popularity poll

And here goes more units DLC. Sure, technically we get more but it ends at technically. Bloated list. Shameful display.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,841

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

And here goes more units DLC. Sure, technically we get more but it ends at technically. Bloated list. Shameful display.</p>

given that many people will simply ignore that poll....

also the standards of what counts as "remodels" changes on the wimp base on what unit today is suppose to be only a reskin and which wouldn't have been...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

And here goes more units DLC. Sure, technically we get more but it ends at technically. Bloated list. Shameful display.</p>

also the standards of what counts as "remodels" changes on the wimp base on what unit today is suppose to be only a reskin and which wouldn't have been...
    If more people participated in the poll it would end up the same way. People want big and flashy. No surprise.

But we know CA standards.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

If more people participated in the poll it would end up the same way. People want big and flashy. No surprise.

besides the bit hilariously shallow "i only care for big and flashy things", I doubt that many people would vote the way you think.

Comments alone indicates that this isn't the case.
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

besides the bit hilariously shallow "i only care for big and flashy things", I doubt that many people would vote the way you think.

Many people did vote the way I think. And they would probably proportionally do so on bigger scale.

Comments alone are just that, a minority of oldschool TT players who are set in their ways.

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Many people did vote the way I think. And they would probably proportionally do so on bigger scale.

Comments alone are just that, a minority of oldschool TT players who are set in their ways.
    you don't mean this poll do you?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17735966/r
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

you don't mean this poll do you?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17735966/r
    No, I don't mean this poll.

I mean this https://www.strawpoll.me/17723553/r and this https://www.strawpoll.me/17688091/r

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,443

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Thats you opinion, but honestly there will always be haters, what matter honestly is the gameplay element and they all have unique things to them. I am especially happy with Red Crested skinks, they made them a 2h weapon that look dope and that gonna make possible skink theme armies.

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Thats you opinion, but honestly there will always be haters, what matter honestly is the gameplay element and they all have unique things to them. I am especially happy with Red Crested skinks, they made them a 2h weapon that look dope and that gonna make possible skink theme armies.
    It is a fact those are cheap remodels. Whether you like them or not is another matter.

• Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,573
    I think we have to see what the Ancient Salamander looks like. If that's just a scaled up version of a regular salamander, that's literally changing one value in a table, you can do it yourself in a minute. If they added something to differentiate the model, then yeah, may be acceptable.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,613
    Xenos7 said:

I think we have to see what the Ancient Salamander looks like. If that's just a scaled up version of a regular salamander, that's literally changing one value in a table, you can do it yourself in a minute. If they added something to differentiate the model, then yeah, may be acceptable.

It's in the trailer.

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

It is a fact those are cheap remodels. Whether you like them or not is another matter.
    given that you change constitutes as remodels when press on it, it isn't a fact.

• Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,573
    Nyxilis said:

Xenos7 said:

It's in the trailer.
    Those all seem regular salamanders to me.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 920
    This DLC effing sucks. There's rats in it, for crying out loud. RATS! What kind of **** poor quality control and general hygiene standards are CA playing at that their shiny new release is full of mother-freaking rats??!

That said, rats with gats is a moderately fun proposition though rats with big booms sounds like a nightmarish concept, and the people involved with that idea definitely need to be psych tested and then fired.

And the lack of dread saurian makes me sad. Who wouldn't love one of those? They're big, they're lizards, they're not afraid of mice and men, and they look like they really want to be fed. They're also exactly the right mount for good old Mazda.
    SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

given that you change constitutes as remodels when press on it, it isn't a fact.

No, no such thing ever happened.

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

except you already changed the term.
    First you called them reskins now they are remodels.
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

I have never called them reskins. You mistake me for someone else.

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

sorry but sometimes certain post blur into each other.

anyway the fact remains that the units you complain about missing would be remodels.
    Even thou you claim "high quality" remodels.

So forgive me to not take you too seriously on this.
  • HeatMakkerHeatMakker Registered Users Posts: 23
    Sorry some of you didnt get everything on your Christmas list. I for one am satisfied. My top 4 wanted units were all included plus I am cool with AP RCS and Thanquol being put on ice for bigger and better things in WH3
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

sorry but sometimes certain post blur into each other.

anyway the fact remains that the units you complain about missing would be remodels.
    Even thou you claim "high quality" remodels.

So forgive me to not take you too seriously on this.
    No problem.

I think it is more than a claim. Stormfiends simply require extensive remodel and new animations to work.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,418
    Let's all discuss the OP's topic, for or against, not opinions about other people's opinions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,847

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Aaaaaand still literally more than any other Lord Pack DLC.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

And? They have said they will add more units. They have said they will give us big dinos They did, technically. Just cheap bloaters. As I have said pity they did not put skink variations for every colour of the rainbow. Also they have increased the price. I don't mind it at all but it is not as if we get those remodels for the same price. They very well knew what people wanted the most. But as usual CA is doing CA things.

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,443

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Just as you could say Knights of the blazing sun are cheap remodel of empire knight or greatsword are remodel of empire state troop because they are human.

• NeutronStarNeutronStar Registered Users Posts: 111
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Comments are from diehard fans who still play W2 1 year after release and check for news regularly enough to be here today.
    Besides it's not hard to make big and flashy units interesting from a gameplay point of view.

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

Just as you could say Knights of the blazing sun are cheap remodel of empire knight or greatsword are remodel of empire state troop because they are human.
    But that is what Empire is about, remodels. Their fanciest and most unique suaff is bland in comparison to other factions.

Canuovea said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

And? They have said they will add more units. They have said they will give us big dinos They did, technically. Just cheap bloaters. As I have said pity they did not put skink variations for every colour of the rainbow. Also they have increased the price. I don't mind it at all but it is not as if we get those remodels for the same price. They very well knew what people wanted the most. But as usual CA is doing CA things.
    Still literally the best Lord Pack.

You didn't get what you wanted, you're frustrated by that, its totally fair. But objectively there is nothing wrong with it in comparison to what came before.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

You didn't get what you wanted, you're frustrated by that, its totally fair. But objectively there is nothing wrong with it in comparison to what came before.
    No, there isn't anything wrong with it. Units are units after all and there are plenty of them even if the quality is low. The problem is with CA and their choice of units. It might very well be the best LP so far, I won't deny it. That's why it is so frustrating. Especially because of it.

• MuemmelmonsterMuemmelmonster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 87
    Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

I for my part am a bit concerned about the Ark of Sotek, read the army book and very like the abilities of that thing, its unique alive, multipling, refilling and poisoning mortis engine effect, that can freely moved around the map to support certain units is absolutely amazing as an idea. Just how do they recreate it in the game? if they dont make swarm units?

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

1. ok
    2. OK!
    3. cheap remodel
    4. cheap remodel
    5. cheap remodel
    6. cheap remodel
    7. OK!!!! <3
    8. OK!!

No, there isn't anything wrong with it. Units are units after all and there are plenty of them even if the quality is low. The problem is with CA and their choice of units. It might very well be the best LP so far, I won't deny it. That's why it is so frustrating. Especially because of it.
    Well, CA knows why they choose what they choose, and they have their reasons (and their budgets) so I dunno.