Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Folks, we need a unit pack

Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,098
I won't say the new DLC is bad for the price, but now that we got all lord packs for game 1 and game 2 the list of missing units is piling up sky high. We need a DLC dedicated to fix this, something like Shogun 2's Saints and Heroes or Rome 2's Beasts of War. There are just too many holes everywhere.
Tagged:

Comments

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,488
    Gladly pay for it
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,082
    Holes as in balance or holes as in missing lore units? I dunnot I feel that most factions are well rounded balance wise and lore wise. In some cases these missing units would fill the same roles as others. But if they make a unit pack how many do you expect, how many factions per pack and for what cost? Its probably going to cost around the same as these LL packs. An Idea I had to spin your idea would be a forgotten warrior pack or something with a nice name and it would cost about the same as an LL rivalry pack but include many of the missing units for a variety of factions that "need them". Maybe one normal and a rr for each unit.

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,098

Holes as in balance or holes as in missing lore units? I dunnot I feel that most factions are well rounded balance wise and lore wise. In some cases these missing units would fill the same roles as others. But if they make a unit pack how many do you expect, how many factions per pack and for what cost? Its probably going to cost around the same as these LL packs. An Idea I had to spin your idea would be a forgotten warrior pack or something with a nice name and it would cost about the same as an LL rivalry pack but include many of the missing units for a variety of factions that "need them". Maybe one normal and a rr for each unit.

A couple of those, with one new unit per faction, would fix most of the holes I think.
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 824
    There will always be missing units. As long as there are enough cool and enough units for each factions, it is enough for me and this dlc has alot more of them then the last lord packs.
    #TzeentchLivesMatter

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    I disagree. I think Lord Packs could still cover this nicely by theming the packs correctly.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    I'd buy it. I'd also love a pack that added a few of the missing hero classes for those races that only have 2 or 3 but still have missing heroes from their army books. Daemon/Dragon Slayer for Dwarfs, Orc Big Boss for GS, Wargor for BM, Shadow Dancer for WE, etc.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    A unit pack featuring White Lion Chariot, Skycutters,, Medusae, Scourgerunner, Poisoned Wind Mortar, Stormfiends, Troglodon and Razodons would be amazing and I would pay lord pack price for it.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • GollummypreciousGollummyprecious Registered Users Posts: 450
    Enforest said:

A unit pack featuring White Lion Chariot, Skycutters,, Medusae, Scourgerunner, Poisoned Wind Mortar, Stormfiends, Troglodon and Razodons would be amazing and I would pay lord pack price for it.

it might end up being more expensive than a LP jk
    Sanity is a curse, madness offers the only freedom...
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    I know people want the missing units, as do I for some of them.

However I would say no, we should not encourage exploitive practices like multiple DLC for a single race.
  • MuemmelmonsterMuemmelmonster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 87
    Xenos7 said:

I won't say the new DLC is bad for the price, but now that we got all lord packs for game 1 and game 2 the list of missing units is piling up sky high. We need a DLC dedicated to fix this, something like Shogun 2's Saints and Heroes or Rome 2's Beasts of War. There are just too many holes everywhere.

Absolutely, complete army rosters and every single bit of legendary lords, heroes and special rules (lizardmen -> could combine skink and kroxigor units, vampire counts combine corpse carts and skelleton warrior units etc. JUST SMALL EXAMPLES), there is so much to add.

I cant get enough from Warhammer!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,906
    After this filthy LP I think it must happen and happen soon.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,966

Enforest said:

it might end up being more expensive than a LP jk
    Add the Archmage and I'd be willing to pay about halfway between a LP and a CP.

Don't add the Archmage and... I'd probably still buy it, but it would come with a raised eyebrow and pointed finger.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,031

Dude if you don't like it go ahead and protest by not buying it, no one's stopping you.
    PaulH said:

I disagree. I think Lord Packs could still cover this nicely by theming the packs correctly.

Aren't they finished at this point?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,906
    Rob18446 said:

Dude if you don't like it go ahead and protest by not buying it, no one's stopping you.
    Who said I won't do it? It doesn't mean I shouldn't protest by expressing my opinion too.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

However I would say no, we should not encourage exploitive practices like multiple DLC for a single race.

You can't exploit people by selling optional entertainment products. Just don't buy them. It's not like they are speculating on the price of bread or something.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    Xenos7 said:

PaulH said:

Who knows? No-one except CA does. For all we know, they'll do Lord Packs that straddle TWW1 & 2, or they'll do more packs that are themed around the current races. There are quite a few missing units for the various factions.
    Xenos7 said:

You can't exploit people by selling optional entertainment products. Just don't buy them. It's not like they are speculating on the price of bread or something.
    People just have to evaluate the right price for themselves, what is enough content for their money.
    PaulH said:

Xenos7 said:

PaulH said:

Who knows? No-one except CA does. For all we know, they'll do Lord Packs that straddle TWW1 & 2, or they'll do more packs that are themed around the current races. There are quite a few missing units for the various factions.
    Oh well, I would be happy with new Lord packs, also.
  • ZehirutZehirut Registered Users Posts: 69

I don’t see what’s so bad about that, I want more, but CA won’t give it to me since that cost them, so I can pay more if I get more
  • NeutronStarNeutronStar Registered Users Posts: 161

Lore wise and gameplay wise of course. Could care less about the 2 guys and a midget playing multiplayer battles and afraid that giants rats (or whatever) would offset their perfect balance :D
  • NeutronStarNeutronStar Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited April 2019
    Enforest said:

cough cough.... Ghorghon ? Jabberslythe ? Verminlord ?
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,977

Enforest said:

cough cough.... Ghorghon ? Jabberslythe ? Verminlord ?
    Should I recall all units that are currently missing for the WoC? Even if they are indeed a placeholder until WH3?
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,582
    edited April 2019
    I'd be down. I would gladly pay $30 for it too.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,094
    That would be best solution to get new units, would be happy to pay for it. Even if it's DLC for WH1.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg